Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-May-19 11:17 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Auto Login Borked
AgePosted: 2010-Dec-11 7:36 pm 

Philatio wrote:
Joz wrote:
Logout, clear all bookmarks and cookies for this site.

Log back in.

BOOKMARK THAT page with the funny string of numbers in the url.

win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, make that a failure. It worked at first, and later after restarting Chrome it stopped working again. BOO!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-11 7:40 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Bookmarking the sessionid (sid) is just a temporary workaround... it'll only last as long as the browser session remains open. I apologize again for the inconvenience of the cookie snafu... I just don't have even another hour to try and fix it :(

G

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-12 1:43 am 

Genomancer wrote:
Bookmarking the sessionid (sid) is just a temporary workaround... it'll only last as long as the browser session remains open. I apologize again for the inconvenience of the cookie snafu... I just don't have even another hour to try and fix it :(

G

No worries. Yeah, it's annoying, but oh well I take a few more seconds and clicks to log in every time. I'm sure it'll get worked out eventually, I know how schedules sometimes kick you in the head and keep you from doing recreational activities (never mind forum maintenance, which isn't everyone's first option for personal time). I'm guessing trying a revert to the old code didn't work (assuming that was even an option), so I can only imagine how much code tweaking it'll take to figure it out. :wink:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-14 9:58 pm 

mesti wrote:
Genomancer wrote:

G

No worries. Yeah, it's annoying, but oh well I take a few more seconds and clicks to log in every time. I'm sure it'll get worked out eventually, I know how schedules sometimes kick you in the head and keep you from doing recreational activities (never mind forum maintenance, which isn't everyone's first option for personal time). I'm guessing trying a revert to the old code didn't work (assuming that was even an option), so I can only imagine how much code tweaking it'll take to figure it out. :wink:

I just visit the site less often - an easier solution yet!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-17 1:07 pm 

Sometimes, when clicking peoples links I get logged in as their account. Just thought you would like to know.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-17 1:35 pm 

What have you done with the real Kalterwolf!? Guards, sieze the impostor!

EDIT: Seriously, when posting links to the forums delete everything from "sid=" over, or else they'll get you like they got Kalterwolf.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-17 4:16 pm 

Fugu, I accidentily got into your acct. Nothing has happened to mine. It seems to happen when you link into a different place in the forum.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-17 4:26 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

It's caused by the "sid=" session ID in the links... which hopefully I can fix now.

G

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-19 10:32 am 

Genomancer wrote:
It's caused by the "sid=" session ID in the links... which hopefully I can fix now.

G

Puh-puh-puh-puh- PLEASE let us know asap when the problem is fixed!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-22 12:26 am 

this thing again

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-24 7:39 am 
EDH Rules Committee

So is this a 'time consumption" issue or a "technically difficulty" problem?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-24 9:36 am 

Depends on how you look at it. I don't much mind the extra time it takes to log in (and really, I don't think it's very reasonable to be upset about it). And it's not so much of a technical difficulty since logging in normally still works fine. That doesn't change the fact that it's a broken feature that happened with the move and might actually be a symptom of a more important underlying issue (though at this point I think we'd have noticed it). At the very least, it's good to have note of it so new people trying to use it don't wonder what's going on that it doesn't work for them.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-24 12:05 pm 

It's particularly annoying if you use a mobile device to log in, tbh.
Having a normal size keyboard means it's a bit inconvenient; on an iPhone, logging on each time you come back, or get a notification email, means you want to visit less frequently.

It's also irritating if you haven't read all the returns from the 'new post' list when you have to leave the device and come back. You have to login again, and then new posts only shows from your last login 30 mins ago.

Additionally, the actual login screen seems to run slowly thru safari on the iPhone. Only page that does it, but since I have to log in regularly, it's a shame.

Hope that helps a little toward a fix.

JK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-25 4:47 pm 

It's no real problem to me. Chrome still saves me username & password, so I don't have to actually type anything, it's just 2 extra clicks.
I can see how for mobile users it could get quite frustrating.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2010-Dec-29 3:13 am 

Daf wrote:
It's no real problem to me. Chrome still saves me username & password, so I don't have to actually type anything, it's just 2 extra clicks.
I can see how for mobile users it could get quite frustrating.

Chrome does this for me too, but it used to log in automatically. If I do those extra clicks I am logged in, but if I click reload on any post or surf to the idex or subforum I'm on (at the very top of the page), it logs me out again and the 2 clicks happen over and over again. My Chrome no longer asks me if I want to remember my password, even though I always click the "log me on each visit" box when I do log in.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next