Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-10 6:29 pm

Post subject: Trolls
AgePosted: 2011-Jan-15 5:31 pm 

It's about time this has been discussed and dealt with.

Where are the forums admins and moderators beyond Genomancer? Why haven't they been doing their job?

This trolling shit has to stop. I don't think trolling is condoned here. That begs the question of why haven't any of you guys done anything about it? And, don't try and spoon-feed us something along the lines of "Well, Troll-X hasn't caused any problems." Don't justify the trolls by saying they are innocuous.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Trolls
AgePosted: 2011-Jan-15 10:13 pm 

Perhaps their opinion of what constitutes a problem differs from yours?

Of course, since it's their forum ...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-15 10:26 pm 

I'm not really sure what recent posts you are referring to, Majus.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-16 9:20 am 

*double post*

Last edited by Majus on 2011-Jan-16 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-16 9:22 am 

Fugu, I would have used specific posts as examples and pointed my finger at certain people, but I don't feel like it's necessary to call these people out. I don't feel it's necessary for me to do it because I can't do anything about this situation besides post this thread. It's fairly obvious (in one person's case it's always obvious/present) who I'm talking about without starting a total flame war here. And if I called people out, the flaming would start...

I can PM you, and the moderators, examples if you wanted. That is, unless, you were being sarcastic (?)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-16 11:49 am 

Fugu wrote:
I'm not really sure what recent posts you are referring to, Majus.

For finger pointing...

http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5511

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-16 12:33 pm 

You can probably safely link to threads that contain trolling. If you don't want to do that, then sure, PM a mod. I'm not bothered by the common use of one-off taunts. (I'm as likely to make those as anyone.) Are those kinds of posts what prompted this thread? Or was it the irritating, off-topic BS in the "spreading the love" thread? I wouldn't have minded not reading that, even though I think the actual topic is worth discussing.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-16 4:33 pm 

I have to say that I'm a little tired of reading stupid discussions all the time (so most of the times I don't read them :P). I'm glad Joz is gone though, he was like the biggest troll ever... :P

And, since we're talking about the forum stuff. Something really needs to be done to fix the decklist section. I think that there should be one topic for each general. Or perhaps 2/3, depending on strategy. (Teneb for example is mostly played as graveyard stuff whilest mine is more rock type.) Seeing the same general over and over again is beginning to get a little boring.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-16 5:29 pm 

Fugu, I didn't link there for one off comment, I linked there to point fingers. :P Examples of the trolling and not him blatantly saying "I [, Joz,] am a troll" are elsewhere and I'm not going to expend energy looking for juicy ones. They are plentiful though and I agree with Poesjuh that the halfhearted posts and trolling were getting bothersome. :?

RE: the decklist section ... not sure if it's really a problem. There's a sort of Table of Contents thread, which is uber helpful. As long as the General's/Commander's name is in the thread title a person can search just topic titles and find good results. I actually DISLIKE the Mayael thread, as much as I understand it's helpful and full of awesome information.... it's just too cumbersome to navigate. It's the reason I prefer making individual threads for my decks, they don't get lost in the shuffle.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jan-17 3:27 pm 

I'd just like to say that hopefully I haven't come across as trolling, other than to call out Joz. And normally I wouldn't even do that (I've moderated a few forums & been an officer in a couple MMO guilds, where I've obviously been much more discrete), but he was way over the line of what I consider acceptable (namely deliberately spreading false rules information). Since nothing was being done about it I felt the easiest way to deal with it was to point out every time it came up that he was trolling so that others could just ignore him. Thankfully the situation appears to be resolved, and (again) hopefully nobody else is offended.

Offline Profile