Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jun-26 4:33 pm

Post subject: EDH featured on House of Cards
AgePosted: 2007-Mar-28 1:33 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Chris Millar did a cool writeup about EDH on magicthegathering.com today... welcome to any new members who have found the forums via that link. Feel free to post a quick hello in this thread, or in the Roll Call forum if you're looking for a playgroup in your area.

[Edit: There have been a couple of problems with people not recieving the activation email.. check your junk folder, and I'll be monitoring the forums to activate accounts manually all day today]

While I'm at it, congrats to everyone who is already playing and posting for helping to make the format more and more mainstream as it develops and stablizes. Word has it that at least one R&D member and several WotC insiders are fans of the format; I know both Scott Larabee and Elf have smashed me in PT games at least once :)

Good luck, and keep swinging for 21 :twisted:

Gavin

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-12 1:43 am 

Hello!

I actually found this forum via the rules page which I found via "The Colors of Magic" by Kelly Digges.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jul-19 8:11 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Kelly is indeed a friend of the format, not to mention an all around good guy and possibly the funniest MTG author since OMC*. Every time I play the card, I am now compelled to announce the spell as "a latin phrase, composed of two words: Primal, meaning Totally, and Crux which means awesome". I highly recommend his columns.

G

* If you've never read Giant Idiots Ruin Games, I highly recommend it. The pitfighters were a major turning point in magic... they marked the beginning of the modern era of fatties. Josh Bennett's s article introducing them is, in my never-so-humble opinion, one of the greatest pieces of MTG humour writing, ever.

Offline Profile