Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-20 2:29 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: June 7th preview (5/8): Command Tower
AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 2:29 am 

Gets my thumbs up. I love how simple the design is on this card - a no-brainer include in any multicoloured commander deck while having absolutely no effect on any other format.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 3:05 am 

I predict incoming rules errata :P

If this is what a "common" land does, I wonder what a "rare" one would do :P (being that all the cards have exactly the rarity, they have to slot them in some fashion, if anything by the cool factor)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 3:59 am 

Gravy wrote:
Glassthegrey wrote:

In dual color, it'll definitely be valuable. It's certainly several notches above the pain lands.. which suck, but I've got a near full-set of duals (rav and OG) to go around my decks, so that's definitely coloring my opinion on pain lands.

While the pain lands are strictly worse than the original duals (along with every other dual land ever created) they are only marginally worse than the shocklands. The shocklands will either ping you for 2 or come into play tapped, not very nice in any respect but do allow you two colors of mana all the time as compensation. The pain lands only hurt you when you need colored mana from them, if you have enough additional mana sources you can just tap the pain lands for colorless. Other than that they come into play untapped without hurting you. The only other land that I can see being better than the pain lands are the M10 duals which come into play untapped as long as you have a basic land of the necessary type. All in all, the pain lands hardly "suck". They are better than most dual lands out there.

As for the preview card, any deck that isn't mono colored or colorless will want this card. A land that comes into play untapped and gives you any color your deck needs without a drawback is better than the majority of the lands in the format. It is also really good that it can't work outside the format since it would either need some sort of drawback or be far too strong.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 4:12 am 

My precious... just what a 3-color general needs!! Not too excited about this for my 2-color or monocolor decks, but Kresh and Rith are going to have a party :)

I can see how having a non-ETB tapped land would be sweet for monocolor as well, I am hesitant to think I'll have enough copies to put one in each. I wonder how expensive they'll be to buy singleton.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 4:17 am 

Boring vanilla auto-include is boring. And vanilla. And an auto-include.

I'm a little disappointed that I now need to buy even more of these things, but hey, that's more Sol Rings and other goodies. For my goal to have a deck for every color combination except colorless, I'll need a minimum of 10 of these (every tri-color combination except BRG, plus 1 for 5-color), maximum of 21, plus 5 more if they ever make legendary Nephilim.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 4:22 am 

I was really hoping that WotC would give us some good new mana fixing, but I hate auto-includes. Why must they mock me by giving me exactly what I asked for, but in a way that will never make me happy?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 4:59 am 

So I'm going to have 6 of these and all I have is a mono-colored deck...lol, guess I'll make sure my 2nd deck is multi-colored. But I may try to sell these down the line depending on how expensive they get.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 5:08 am 

Poetic wrote:
So I'm going to have 6 of these and all I have is a mono-colored deck...lol, guess I'll make sure my 2nd deck is multi-colored. But I may try to sell these down the line depending on how expensive they get.

Staples tend to go up in price. Dont know how many of these decks wizards have printed either.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 7:21 am 

intelos wrote:
Poetic wrote:

Staples tend to go up in price. Dont know how many of these decks wizards have printed either.

Since its available at Wal-mart target etc and its obviously very anticipated im sure there will be plenty to go around.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 7:28 am 

Don't they keep printing these for a certain amount of time as well? These decks will be available for a while.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 7:53 am 

Bruticus wrote:
I like that it is a common... they could have printed the entire decks as mythic rares and it would still be just as "common"...sigh

I am guessing that this land will be made pretty accessable in the next few years. Undoubtedly there will be future Commander products, and it will likely be in each one.

Yes, it would be nice for all my decks, but with 20+ different generals it ain't happening. Child of Alara gets the first taste. :)

As for all the other cards, my Big Box gets the first copy of everything. I don't care if it would make my decks better, I am a total commie when it comes to MTG.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 8:11 am 

My slivers say give me more mana so thish defently goes in the edh deck

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 9:16 am 

Just won $10 on this card.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 9:16 am 

Wagering on Commander previews? Nice

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2011-Jun-07 10:11 am 

FinalLogic wrote:
Wagering on Commander previews? Nice

What are the odds on that?

And for all those people thinking scarcity (why still now?)...there will be hundreds of thousands of these sets printed, then multiply by 5 for "autoinclude" in each different set.

Easiest way for WotC to get 120$ out of the maximum amount of people. I don't even think they need to preview any more cards now, it's all gravy.

What happened to the sigs???

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next