Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-22 9:23 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 121  Next
 Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-20 1:53 pm 

epic

Hokori, the d*** drinker

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-20 2:33 pm 

I played a 5 player game with gaddock teeg, sliver overlord, rofellos, uril and child of alara(me). after killing rofellos and uril, sliver overlord was in strong control of the board having huge trampling slivers. neither me nor teeg have a sweeper, so I play child of alara, but no way of saccing him. in order to survive a turn more, teeg fogs with spike weaver when overlord is attacking me for lethal. I pass to teeg and he attacks me with verdant force which helps me getting child into the yard for the game reset...from there I recovered quickest for the win. I never had such politics going my way ;)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-22 1:40 am 

Not so much a single cool play as the kind of wacky interaction you'll (almost) never see in any other format:

Five-player game. I'm running red-black Wort (Goblins, sac outlets, all sorts of fun triggers off of things dying ... oh, and Mana Echoes for the occasional five-digit Fireballs). To my left is a Heartless Hidetsugu hate deck (Sphere of Resistance, Winter Orb, multiple mass LDs, Price of Progress, Ankh of Mishra), built mostly in response to the wave of Fastbond-ZOrb-Crucible combo decks that had taken over our metagame before those players declared a cease-fire of sorts and quit running that combo. Next is red-green Wort (mana ramp + conspire really huge spells - think something along the lines of "play and flash back Crush of Wurms, conspired both times, with Fires in play, swing for 72"). On his left is Teysa (fat flyers, mostly with lifelink, plus Desolation Angel once he has board position). And finally, we have five-color Timmy (Horde as the general, Oath of Druids, Tooth and Nail, Mirari's Wake, and tons of big beaters plus an enchantment toolbox) on my right.

Five-color has Night of Souls' Betrayal in play, which is a real pain for me until I hit Mad Auntie to make my guys big enough to survive. Then he drops Oath. And red-green Wort Oaths into Dragon Broodmother - which is considerably less impressive when there's no food for the tokens to devour and Night of Souls' Betrayal is on the board. On my next turn, I play ... Vicious Shadows. I get a free Sudden Impact on everyone's upkeep (unless RG Wort has the baby dragon eat its mother to put an end to the cycle, but he decided not to as long as I targeted someone else). Just one problem, though - I can't take out the hate deck, because he's playing Bottled Cloister and thus has no hand when the token dies!

That game ended when Teysa, RG Wort, and five-color died simultaneously to Price of Progress (!) and I died shortly thereafter.

The very next game saw the Teysa deck lose all its lands three times: once off Obliterate, a second time off Devastating Dreams ... and a third time when it flipped Desolation Angel off of Oath. Oops.

Wort, Boggart Auntie (Goblin shenanigans)

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-28 4:31 am 

5 player game, with 4 decks that were mine:
- Kresh (not mine)
- Captain Sisay (the obvious)
- Xira Arien (in lack of a better general, GRB good stuff.dec)
- Rofellos (timmy.dec)
- Lim-Dul (which I was playing)

This was also our table order.

Rofellos goes broken in turn 6 with a Weird Harvest for 5 creatures and casting the green Myojin of it brining in a additional 5 creatures including Woodfall Primus (to kill my Abyss), Primalcrux (25/25 or so) and a Regal Force, drawing him 7 cards. This was some scary shit, so after me and Kresh not really able to do anything, Sisay blew it up! *BOOM* :twisted:

Couple of turns later, Rofellos does some scary shit again, and Sisay had a Akroma with a Shield of Kaldra on it, also scary for the other players. Kresh decided to Jund Charm the graveyard of Rofellos so I could play my Living Death, and I blew it up! *BOOM* :twisted: (well, not literally, but the effect was the same). The problem was, that Xira Arien got Dragon Broodmother and 2 other big creatures on the board which became scary. I had a Reiver Demon in my hand, but needed my 8th land. So I announced my topdeck swamp a la Gabriel Nassif's called shot. I don't even look at the card, but just drop it in play and cast my Reiver Demon to blow it up! *BOOM* :twisted:

From that moment on Rofellos was gang-raped untill he was at 2 life left. We let him sit at the table just do get to play the game (well, sort of :P). A lot of turns later (propably 5/6 or so), Rofellos played Winter Orb that pissed literally everyone, so Xira Arien played a Urza's Rage on the end step of Sisay (player before him) killing Rofellos.

Before we go to the end of the game, I actually resolved a Curse of the Kabal!!!, targeting Xira Arien, followed by a Decree of Pain that I literally slam-dunked on the table :P It was awesome ^^ :twisted: :lol:

Now we find ourselves at the end of the game, with a LOT in the players graveyards. Kresh propably used his Gravedigger 6 times in the entire game, I used Fleshbag Marauder 5 times, we've killed and seen Dragon Broodmother 3 times, and Eternal Witness + Saffi from Captain Sisay did something stupid every single turn... Good thing that Xira Arien played a Jund Charm on the graveyard of Sisay to stop the graveyard shenigans. So, except for Sisay, every player had scary shit in his graveyard. I had put my Living Death on the bottom of my deck using Reito Lantern and had to shuffle my deck twice via both Polluted Delta and a transmuted Netherborn Phalanx two turns earlier. Now what I really wanted to do, was to cast my Living Death and spice things up! I had a couple of decent creatures in my grave and had the feeling that if these would stay on the table, I could do some damage.

So again, Gabriel Nassif style, I announce my Living Death...

Well, you can all picture what happened, I drew it! :shock: :lol: :lol:

So I killed Visara with his own ability, cycled Scion of Darkness and cast my Living Death. *BOOM* Now the scary shit began :twisted:

I got: Visara, Twisted Abomination, Gravedigger, Fleshbag Marauder, Death Baron, Scion of Darkness, Midnight Banshee, Reiver Demon and Netherborn Phalanx. I was especially hoping that Phalanx could do some pain... I was wrong... :cry:

Kresh had a lot of graveyard stuff, so in the end he only had 6 creatures, of which one was a Rockslide Elemental that was a whopping 17/17 ! Sisay got Saffi and Eternal Witness (obviously :P), Xira Arien got Shivan Dragon, Dragon Broodmother, Birds of Paradise, Yavimaya Elder, Wood Elves, and a massive 23/23 Vulturous Zombie. Since I was the active player, all my cards got on the stack first. Which was *stuff*, Netherborn Phalanx, Fleshbag Marauder (saccing itself) and Gravedigger (bringing back Marauder so I could play it again the same turn). It took about 10 minutes until Living Death was resolved, leaving me with Reiver Demon, Death Baron, Midnight Banshee and Twisted Abomination. Yes, all the others were already death.....

Kresh killed my Midnight Banshee and did nothing. Sisay also did nothing except for casting Helm of Kaldra completing the set. Now Xira Arien, with 3 tokens, was out for revenge with, by then, a 25/25 Vulturous Zombie, and was out for killing everyone in a single turn. What he did:
- kill my Reiver Demon, leaving me with no blockers left, and virtually leaving me a 1 life because he attacked me with the Zombie
- attack Kresh with Shivan Dragon, Dragon Broodmother and 3 tokens, which should be enough

Kresh however, fucked things up. He played a Hideous Laughter, killing the tokens, and thus staying alive. However, due to Vulturous Zombie getting bigger, killing me :evil: :cry: After this, he Fling-ed his Shivan Dragon killing Kresh. He wanted to use that Fling on his Vulturous Zombie to kill Sisay with it, but the Hideous Laughter stopped this.

We all know what's going to happen now... It's Sisay's turn, he has a Saffi in play with the complete Kaldra set on it AND a Jitte. Now that is some sick Saffi :P And with that, he killed Xira Arien "winning" the game :P So in the end, the player that had done nothing at all is the last standing ^^

Truly an awesome game, Living Death was epic this game :D :twisted:
A quick list of nice things:

- Turn 6 Rofellos kicking in 40 power in creatures, which got WoG-ed via the white Myojin :P
- Living Death to kill white Akroma, after Rofellos's grave was removed with Jund Charm (politics, you gotta love it ^^)
- topdeck Swamp for Reiver Demon
- resolving a suspended Curse of the Kabal
- slam-dunking a Decree of Pain ^^
- Gabriel Nassif style topdecking Living Death again
- casting Living Death which ended the game ^^
- Me, being the caster of Living Death, never seeing my next turn :P
- Lim-Dul never on the table :P
- Rofellos that costed 12 mana in the end, but he was still able to cast it :P
- Xira Arien that played Ashes to Ashes 3 times during this game!
- a 34/34 Vulturous Zombie
- a single gaming taking 3,5 hours :shock:

A few slops:
- watering down my Lim-Dul because it was claimed there was to much removal, where I really would have liked to have more this game
- casting my Living Death, but don't even make my next turn :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-28 12:51 pm 

Poesjuh wrote:
. . . Fleshbag Marauder (saccing itself) and Gravedigger (bringing back Marauder so I could play it again the same turn).

Gravedigger must target when the ability is put onto the stack, before anything has been sacrificed to 'bags.

Yeah, Living Death is probably one of the top 10 biggest rules headaches in a multiplayer EDH game.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jun-28 1:01 pm 

Ah, well, that would have saved them 1 Fleshbag Marauder, but still, it was awesome :P

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jul-05 6:45 pm 

I was in this ten player game earlier...

It seemed like everyone's decks were made for that many people. Throughout the course of the game we played:
-howling mine
-font of mythos
-memory erosion
-Forced Fruition (lulz)
-Winter Orb
-Defense Grid
-Good Braids

Of course this happened all throughout seven turns before the D-storm combo deck wrecked us all.

I forced him to use an extra spell, though. He used a mill effect on me, too bad for him I had Guile in my deck :twisted:

Current type 2:
Monowhite Weenie
Mono black aggro
Wolflord
U/R burn control

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jul-05 10:09 pm 

Poesjuh wrote:
followed by a Decree of Pain that I literally slam-dunked on the table :P

pics or it didn't happen.

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jul-05 10:23 pm 

Godica wrote:
Poesjuh wrote:
followed by a Decree of Pain that I literally slam-dunked on the table :P

pics or it didn't happen.

Current type 2:
Monowhite Weenie
Mono black aggro
Wolflord
U/R burn control

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jul-10 6:51 am 

Wild Ricocheted a Time Stretch last night. Suffice to say, I found a way to win in my 4 extra turns. The best part? People were upset with the guy who cast the Time Stretch...not the guy who took 4 extra turns and killed the table (Niv-Mizzet no combo...just Draw7s and Mindmoil).

Offline Profile  

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2009-Jul-10 10:42 am 

NICE

Edit: Just played this game where I had followed footsteps on an aethersnipe backed up by thakalos seer + ninja of the deep hours. I had about seven Aethersnipes in play when I drew the Akroma's Memorial. That's seven 4/4 blue creatures with flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, haste, pro black, and pro red. Not to mention the fact that he couldn't keep any guys on the board.

Current type 2:
Monowhite Weenie
Mono black aggro
Wolflord
U/R burn control

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Cool Plays Thread
AgePosted: 2009-Jul-17 12:13 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

The whole report will be on CF next week, but after two guys were already out, I had dudes that weren't getting through because of Constant Mists and other fog effects. It's sucky to have a giant Lord of Extinction and it not deal damage.

So Stalking Vengeance and Goblin Bombardment, here's to you :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2009-Jul-17 1:50 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Recently, I played Gather Specimens trying to curtail some Nath shenanigans (Skullclamp + Words of Waste). He allows it to resolve, then plays Necromancy targeting the Phage in my graveyard.

Oh well, I was probably gonna lose anyway :P

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2009-Jul-17 1:52 pm 

Genomancer wrote:
Recently, I played Gather Specimens trying to curtail some Nath shenanigans (Skullclamp + Words of Waste). He allows it to resolve, then plays Necromancy targeting the Phage in my graveyard.

Oh well, I was probably gonna lose anyway :P

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOWOUT!

That might be the greatest play I've ever heard. And is yet another reason I don't run Phage

Check it out sometime.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2009-Jul-17 1:56 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Usually I have ways of flushing my graveyard in response to Phage problems (Szadek is the General, and it's all about milling so I have lots of ways of dealing with the fact that I often stock my opponent's yard for them). Not that time though.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1815 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 121  Next