Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Nov-18 1:01 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2018
AgePosted: 2018-Oct-30 5:14 am 

Target has been acquired, and researched, foul one. Through my portal magicks, and the power of shipping services, thy will soon be done.

EDIT: If my assailant is reading- A small request: If you have or find a swaggy Cephalid Broker, and/or Cephalid Coliseum- they're both things I'd like to try in the Ephara shell at some point :P

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 1:25 am 

A general question (heh), if someone (nobody in particular) mentions a card without mentioning if it should be foil (or other specifics, like white borders) or not, is it safe to assume foil is not a consideration? What about language? English is presumed?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 1:38 am 

Shabbaman wrote:
A general question (heh), if someone (nobody in particular) mentions a card without mentioning if it should be foil (or other specifics, like white borders) or not, is it safe to assume foil is not a consideration? What about language? English is presumed?

Hell with what they want, give them what you want them to have.

Like the nicer the better, and if you have a cheap white border version of a card I would draw on it and send it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 1:46 am 

Shabbaman wrote:

This is entirely anecdotal. I took to reading the old threads- but the general idea seems to be that the type of cards you give are entirely up to you. IE- We all made a suggestion about vaguely what we're looking for (even if some of those are far more specific than others.)- and the goal is a combination of "Do what we can/ What is reasonable", and also play with an element of surprise. So your hypothetical White-border, foiled out card might not be what they were looking for per se- but may in fact be several degrees past the ask, making their gift all the more special.

EG: If St. Nic were my victim- and he talked about wanting to build Nicol Bolas, the Ravager- sending him my Téfeiri, mage de Zhalfir is likely to make him laugh his scales off. I don't think anyone here is looking to stick their nose up

EDIT: Tim beat me to it :o Nice

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 3:00 am 

Strangely enough this is the first time I was asking myself this question. Okay, I'm off ordering more Storm Crows.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 3:31 am 

Shabbaman wrote:
I'm off ordering more Storm Crows.

This is really what this is about!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-31 9:53 am 

Remember, the person to whom you send a parcel is called your "victim" for a reason.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-01 12:43 am 

I have received my victim and demands.
As usual, unexpected results will occur. :?

Jugan, the Rising Star - Lifeblood Hydra is good, who knew?
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Aminatou, the Fateshifter - ETB and Felidar Guardian-Oath of Teferi shenanigans.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Bridgehead Westboro for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-01 1:19 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
more

Shabbaman wrote:
storm crows

Shabbaman wrote:
MORE

This isn't looking good for me. I need to buy out all Storm Crows at some point.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-01 1:36 pm 

Yeah that doesn't work. I've tried buying out all the Nephilim (I have 336 so far) and they still keep turning up occasionally. And I bet there's a lot more Storm Crows floating around than Nephilim.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-02 2:10 am 

To whom it might concern: I just came across something pretty dumb: I wrote Dauthi Slayer where I meant Dauthi Cutthroat. Not that the Slayer isn't a nice card, but it doesn't resemble an assassin. I found the error because I encountered a foil Dauthi Slayer, which I didn't know it existed.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-03 1:17 pm 

Purchased items, and when I got back in the car... a devious plan came to me... luckily with the cards I purchased and a few I already had I was able to put the plan into motion. I am so clever... it sucks I cannot brag about it yet, but insert a manical laugh here.

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-04 10:22 am 

Items also purchased. Now to make an alter or two and add some extra "swag" (IE: cards unrelated to demands) and we're off!

Jugan, the Rising Star - Lifeblood Hydra is good, who knew?
Pre-Modern:
A Denying Wind.
Duel Commander:
Aminatou, the Fateshifter - ETB and Felidar Guardian-Oath of Teferi shenanigans.
Kari Zev, Skyship Raider - Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Bridgehead Westboro for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-05 10:07 am 

CrazyPierre wrote:
Now to make an alter or two

Every year I forget how much effort goes unti good aters. I always bite off more than I should.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-05 9:48 pm 

First attack has been launched.

Don't forget to keep on eye on page 1 - post 2 to see how many parcels are in transit; and check your summary to see if something is coming your way.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next