Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-17 1:14 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Throne of Eldraine (Spoilers)
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-10 12:31 pm 

Not a spoiler, but related to Eldraine; it appears the Collector Boosters are going for $30-$40USD EACH, but you get one when you buy a box (if you get in early enough). I'm getting a box for about $150 in my local currency (approx $100USD) which makes the Collector Booster and/or Draft Boosters VERY good value; I'd recommend doing it that way if you only wanted one Collector Booster.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-10 8:30 pm 

Plus you get that sweet BaB promo King.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-11 6:12 am 

So this is going to be a fun one.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-11 10:40 am 

Image is broken for me.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-11 10:45 am 

Gadwick the Wizened
XUUU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard

When ~ EtB draw X cards

When you cast a blue spell, tap target nonland permanent an opponent controls

3/3

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-11 10:30 pm 

Is too much to ask for this set that wotc gives us one single werewolf commander?

Or at least a good Faerie commander

Yennett, Cryptic Sovereign The current updated decklist is here
K'rrik, son of yawgmoth The current updated decklist is here

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-11 10:47 pm 

alexev wrote:
Is too much to ask for this set that wotc gives us one single werewolf commander?

Or at least a good Faerie commander

Faerie tales and Arthurian legends do involve wolves but don't tend to involve werewolves. Werewolves are the purview of other folklore. So I'd say yes, that's too much to ask because it's entirely out of scope.

The set currently has two faerie legends. The esper legend will enable us to use Eldraine faeries which are expanding into white as well as blue and black. There may be more faerie legends too beyond those, possibly.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-14 1:13 am 

Very strong card, I rate it slightly above Mirage Mirror even but slightly below Clever Impersonator, although depending on the deck and the playgroup either of those evaluations could be reversed - for example I wouldn't put Impersonator into creatureless Elsha of the Infinite, but this would be a snap include.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-14 2:40 pm 

Viperion wrote:
I'm aware of the answers exist fallacy but I believe in this case, my answer isn't it. If you have a deck that absolutely requires you to have a card or cards in play, you can't just run it out there and hope no one does anything about it. You should build in ways to protect/recur those cards.

Sure, but there's a few problems with that.

First, whether or not your general is central to your strategy, it's still obnoxious to have it taken away semi-permanently like that.

Secondly, your answers can be answered - you can put boots on your general, but they can be blown up and THEN the BS happens. Or you haven't drawn any, so you can't afford to even cast your general, which is pretty much the same situation - you're denied access to it. That's why "just run protection" is NOT a legit response.

Thirdly, decks that DON'T want their general around tend to be more good-stuff oriented, so cards like this actually encourage less interesting deckbuilding and more generic goodstuff.

On another note - anyone know what the land cycle will be for this set?

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-15 4:31 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:

On another note - anyone know what the land cycle will be for this set?

Apparently there's no rare land cycle.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-15 5:58 am 

There's no dual rare land cycle. The rare land cycle are the "if you control three <basics of the same type> this comes in untapped" lands (Witch's Cottage etc)

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-17 10:36 am 

This is probably the first time I'm bummed wishes don't work in the format. What a cool card.

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-17 11:32 am 

kirkusjones wrote:

This is probably the first time I'm bummed wishes don't work in the format. What a cool card.

Have they explained that Sorcery side thing yet? Under what circumstances do you cast as a sorcery (or do you always have either choice from hand, like a split card)?

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-17 11:54 am 

Treamayne wrote:
kirkusjones wrote:

Have they explained that Sorcery side thing yet? Under what circumstances do you cast as a sorcery (or do you always have either choice from hand, like a split card)?

Yeah, it works like a split card, except the Sorcery side self-exiles and the creature side can be cast from exile.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-17 12:14 pm 

Mostly.

When it's in your hand you can cast the creature or the instant/sorcery (some of them are instants). If you cast the instant/sorcery, exile it instead of putting it into your graveyard. You may cast the creature card from exile if it was exiled this way (emphasis added).

For the purposes of card type, converted mana cost, etc, it always counts as the creature only, unless it's on the stack as an instant/sorcery in which case it has the characteristics of that instant/sorcery.

Online Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next