Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-22 2:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: C18
AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 5:24 am 

And now the last Legend in the Jund deck....

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 5:30 am 

So, the Jund deck is supposed to be about "Land matters".

I don't know how I feel at the moment about that theme and the cards released so far. From what we've seen so far, two of Saheeli's legendary creatures deal with artifacts. Two of Windgrace's have dealt with politics and one with tokens. How do those make lands matter? (I know, I know, we haven't seen 90% of the deck and those could be ALL about the lands. We'll see) I know a lot of people were expecting to see something like The Gitrog Monster or Omnath Locus of Rage in the Jund deck.

At least we know that the Bant deck will have an enchantress with Eidolon of Blossoms being reprinted in it....

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 6:02 am 

archmagemc wrote:
So, the Jund deck is supposed to be about "Land matters".

I don't know how I feel at the moment about that theme and the cards released so far. From what we've seen so far, two of Saheeli's legendary creatures deal with artifacts. Two of Windgrace's have dealt with politics and one with tokens. How do those make lands matter? (I know, I know, we haven't seen 90% of the deck and those could be ALL about the lands. We'll see) I know a lot of people were expecting to see something like The Gitrog Monster or Omnath Locus of Rage in the Jund deck.

At least we know that the Bant deck will have an enchantress with Eidolon of Blossoms being reprinted in it....

Sad that lands matter is Jund and doesn't have White. Lots of good land protection in White. Naya would have been better than Jund.

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 6:07 am 

Sad that the hydra legend is a huge non-bo with hydras. Guess I am sticking with Rosheen.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 6:23 am 

Coco wrote:
Sad that the hydra legend is a huge non-bo with hydras. Guess I am sticking with Rosheen.

I'm not sure I'm ever going to understand the obsession with tribal precepts...Probably still thinking of people grousing that Goreclaw wasn't involved with 2/2s, though.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 6:37 am 

archmagemc wrote:

So this goes straight in Zirilan of the Claw Holy crap thats going to be good.

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 8:39 am 

I can't say this for absolute certain but I'm pretty sure that that's me right there in the art for Reality Scramble.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 9:01 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 9:54 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
Sad that lands matter is Jund and doesn't have White. Lots of good land protection in White. Naya would have been better than Jund.

I play Jund Lands right now and black adds far, far too much consistency to the deck, both in the form of tutors and draw. Plus, the best Naya commander for Lands is on the Reserved List.

But man, they whiffed on this one. It looks more like Ramp Matters, which is basically every casual G/x EDH deck ever. I'm kind of disappointed on this one.

Sidisi - Nin

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 10:22 am 

I'll admit it, this is not my idea of an interesting card...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 11:24 am 

Coco wrote:
Sad that the hydra legend is a huge non-bo with hydras. Guess I am sticking with Rosheen. Progenitus

FTFY

Skyknight wrote:
I'm not sure I'm ever going to understand the obsession with tribal precepts...Probably still thinking of people grousing that Goreclaw wasn't involved with 2/2s, though.

You either like tribal, or you don't. About 95% of my EDH decks are tribal. I like the thematic cohesion and the challenge of using alternatives to "good stuff" (e.g. of course Eternal Witness is not in my Karador deck, she's not a Spirit, but Broken Visage is in the deck).

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
I can't say this for absolute certain but I'm pretty sure that that's me right there in the art for Reality Scramble.

Nah. You aren't that green...

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 2:25 pm 

Skyknight wrote:

I haven't seen any of this grousing your're talking about here. Well, maybe some for Werewolves a little over two years ago. But you can wipe your feet at the door to keep from tracking any of it inside.

Tribal is a well-honored deck option in Commander. It has easy to follow restrictions and generally produces acceptable play results at casual tables (honestly, the full spectrum of playability is possible within Tribal as a whole--some tribes will be terrible; others mediocre; even more will be solid; then there's Elves and Goblins). Having another legendary creature which could explore a previously unexplored tribe or color combination for a tribe helps keep Tribal fresh (since it can feel too often "solved" for players).
Skyknight wrote:

I'll admit it, this is not my idea of an interesting card...

All I can think of is this:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 11:37 pm 

New cards for the Bant deck, commence!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 11:43 pm 

I am really digging the Storm cards this cycle. They reward you for having cast your commander, but they also work if you haven't cast it yet.

If you haven't cast your commander yet, then they seem a little over priced for the effect.
If you've cast your commander once, then they seem evenly priced.
Cast your commander 2 or more times? They start to become ridiculous!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jul-24 11:50 pm 

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next