Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Mar-23 10:36 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Question of the Week
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-11 10:48 pm 

Sheldon wrote:
Cryogen's question regarding feedback is the one getting answered this week. Keep 'em coming!

Woop woop.

Hey Sheldon, don't know if you saw it and I'm not trying to derail this thread, but your mention of the kid who played Paradox Engine piqued my interest in the game you described with Scott in the SCG article last week. If you feel like discussing it further, checkout the PE thread on Sally. Kthxbai

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-21 6:12 pm 

With The Return of the Dream EDH Ban List Poll do you plan to keep an eye on it as a way to maybe take the pulse of that segment of the community?

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-21 8:51 pm 

cryogen wrote:
If you feel like discussing it further, checkout the PE thread on Sally. Kthxbai

So what is wrong with this forum? This place is not worthy?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 10:51 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
cryogen wrote:
If you feel like discussing it further, checkout the PE thread on Sally. Kthxbai

So what is wrong with this forum? This place is not worthy?

It's an existing thread that already had a lot of discussion.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-05 4:27 am 

This leads to an important question for Sheldon. Which is better? MTGSalvation or MTGCommander?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:

Starke of Rath -> Wrath of Starke: MRC

Proving Grounds: Drawmia-maro, Titania When Lands Attack, Tromokratis Read it Again, Kaalia's Klerics, Hordes of Tribes.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-05 7:24 am 

scatteredsun wrote:
This leads to an important question for Sheldon. Which is better? MTGSalvation or MTGCommander?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted:

Or Reddit. *shudders*

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Oct-05 8:03 am 

cryogen wrote:
Or Reddit. *shudders*

I really don't get this. I'm on r/magicTCG and r/EDH basically all day err day. Sure there are some assholes, but there are assholes here, and at Sally. I mean, I assume - I haven't been to Sally in years because THAT forum, in my experience was FAR more toxic than ANY online community I've ever been a part of. I imagine a lot has changed, but back in the days they were THE place for spoilers and discussion, the mods were assholes, the people were dicks, it was a nightmare.

So, yeah, Reddit has it's share of toxic people but even Reddit has not managed to drive me away for good, whereas Salvation was so overwhelmingly toxic I just up and quit and never looked back, especially after they stopped being the best place to follow spoilers and leaks.

THIS forum probably has a higher % of toxic people than r/EDH does, just due to the low population total here. Fortunately, few of those people stick around long, but still. I've had periods where I have avoided this place for weeks or even months at a time due to the overall tone and atmosphere turning pretty sour at times. Again, I still have yet to have that happen with any of the Magic-related subs on reddit.

I see this anti-Reddit sentiment expressed a lot but as someone who uses reddit constantly, it seems to me like an echo chamber effect, getting parroted around by people who've only dipped their toe in once, seen some fucked up shit, and assumed that was the norm.

I will, however, say the one thing that DOES really get to me is the vitriol that r/EDH has for the EDH Rules Committee and Sheldon in particular - but that basically only comes up at Ban List update time. Stay well the fuck away from those threads and frankly the place is downright civil and friendly about 98% of the time.

Also, anything about sexism or women in Magic is a big red flag. The mouth-breathers and trolls REALLY come out in force for those threads.

So, yeah, if your primary experience with Reddit is either one of those, I get ya. But the rest of the time? I don't see what the big deal is.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-04 10:46 am 

Hey I know that with your treatment EDH has to take a step back, but were you/are you still playing regularly at your new shop? (Iirc you have a new shop since you moved, right?) Do you still do leagues?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-27 9:51 am 
EDH Rules Committee

cryogen wrote:
Hey I know that with your treatment EDH has to take a step back, but were you/are you still playing regularly at your new shop? (Iirc you have a new shop since you moved, right?) Do you still do leagues?

I know cryo may get a reputation as an apple-polisher, but answering this question gave me an idea, so it's getting answer this coming week--and yes, I'm back after a two week hiatus, as ready as ever.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-28 6:40 am 

Sheldon wrote:
cryogen wrote:

I know cryo may get a reputation as an apple-polisher, but answering this question gave me an idea, so it's getting answer this coming week--and yes, I'm back after a two week hiatus, as ready as ever.

I was going for good-natured troll and/or future Rules Committee member. :(

(With our powers combined we can set Recurring Nightmare free!)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-28 9:22 am 

Group of questions on deck-building (apologies if you've answered already and I missed them): Do you use EDHrec or any other deck-list suggester tool? How often do you build a new deck from scratch? When you do, how long does it take you to build and then tune?

Different bundle of questions: Which forms of media does the RC follow? It seems like a lot of the discussion nowadays has moved away from some of the older forums/retail-blogs to reddit, discord, and closed groups on FB... How do you guys divvy up responsibility for keeping track of the chatter?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-28 10:52 am 

Kemev wrote:
Different bundle of questions: Which forms of media does the RC follow? It seems like a lot of the discussion nowadays has moved away from some of the older forums/retail-blogs to reddit, discord, and closed groups on FB... How do you guys divvy up responsibility for keeping track of the chatter?

I'd like to add, do you absorb a lot of game design content? I know that when I started a Commander Cube it helped a lot, and now I build a lot of decks using a larger scope design to make the games more enjoyable by everyone.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-28 9:49 pm 

Tim Proctor wrote:
Kemev wrote:

I'd like to add, do you absorb a lot of game design content? I know that when I started a Commander Cube it helped a lot, and now I build a lot of decks using a larger scope design to make the games more enjoyable by everyone.

Link? I like seeing other lists for ideas.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-29 2:07 am 

cryogen wrote:
Link? I like seeing other lists for ideas.

This is the closest to a list that I have (I don't remember if it was updated or not http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12245&hilit=Commander+Cube. These are the pictures of it that I took before I sold it, https://photos.app.goo.gl/heDkghBqYQsmMyN59. I ended up getting rid of it years ago, moved to a Conspiracy cube because of the added drafting mechanisms and it being more suited for people in my area.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Nov-29 5:31 pm 

In yesterday's article I read you are contemplating to "deprecate" this forum. I'm puzzled by this. While anyone can see this forum is old, this is the first time I read of anyone who thinks we need "new fancy stuff". I'm having a good time here, although I doubt that is your goal with this forum. What this forum does do you very good is explaining the finer nuances of the ban list and format rules. What else does the RC need?

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next