Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Nov-18 12:58 am

Post subject: Re: Viperion's 32 Deck challenge (aka the Chromatic Project)
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-14 5:11 pm 

Most of your lists seem like they're light on lands... is that a problem when you're playing?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-15 7:03 am 

Segrus wrote:
I'm aware some (probably a lot) of the decks I've made aren't super original

Come now, Segrus, are you padding your list? Ulanok, at least, has got to be your wife's deck; so how many others in that massive list aren't really yours?!?
</sarcasm>

Seriously though, that's quite the impressive list. What's the total count?

Viperion wrote:
We'll see, I plan on running it tomorrow night.

How did the Anax and Cymede test work out?

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-15 8:03 am 

Kemev: I do sometimes get a little light on lands but I've found 35 lands plus a few non-land sources are the sweet spot for me - I know that's a low count compared to most other decks though.

Tremayne: As it turned out, last night we only had time for one game (5 players, star format) and I really wanted to play my only completely new deck (Aminatou,); the other decks being played (all mine) were Savra, Mayael, Nin, and Edgar Markov. It was an epic game and everyone got a chance to be threatening. I even fired off Aminatou's ultimate, getting a bunch of Vampires and a Well of Lost Dreams from the player to my left. Vampires killed Nin the turn before she was going to combo off and deal 50 to me and the Vampire players, and then took the game out with a combination of Vish Kal, Malakir Bloodwitch, and Sanctum Seeker.

I'm playing again in a few hours and will be running Anax and Cymede out for sure.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-15 8:14 am 

Treamayne wrote:
Segrus wrote:
I'm aware some (probably a lot) of the decks I've made aren't super original

Come now, Segrus, are you padding your list? Ulanok, at least, has got to be your wife's deck; so how many others in that massive list aren't really yours?!?
</sarcasm>

:shock:

So you've found me out...yeah, Ulanok, Trostani, Wort, and Mayael are technically built for my wife--Trostani moreso than any other, since she has played Ulanok literally once (okay, once that I can remember) and Wort about three times and Mayael not once (but I have). She's kinda stopped playing altogether even if she still enjoys doing Grixmas on here. :(

I still have those four Commander 2018 decks not counted though, and an old Harley Quinn theme deck that's been temporarily de-sleeved. Then there's a few decks sitting on my desk I could be working on: mono-Green "Burn," Gilgamesh theme deck with Dakkon Blackblade, 5-color Zada/Inktreader combo, and something with Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner. There's probably something else I've set cards aside for and not remembering at the moment.

But for the list I've given in my previous post, it's something like 73 decks fully in paper.

Viperion wrote:
As it turned out, last night we only had time for one game (5 players, star format) and I really wanted to play my only completely new deck (Aminatou,); the other decks being played (all mine) were Savra, Mayael, Nin, and Edgar Markov. It was an epic game and everyone got a chance to be threatening. I even fired off Aminatou's ultimate, getting a bunch of Vampires and a Well of Lost Dreams from the player to my left. Vampires killed Nin the turn before she was going to combo off and deal 50 to me and the Vampire players, and then took the game out with a combination of Vish Kal, Malakir Bloodwitch, and Sanctum Seeker.

That sounds like it was quite the game to be a part of!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-15 8:29 am 

Segrus wrote:
Viperion wrote:
As it turned out, last night we only had time for one game (5 players, star format) and I really wanted to play my only completely new deck (Aminatou,); the other decks being played (all mine) were Savra, Mayael, Nin, and Edgar Markov. It was an epic game and everyone got a chance to be threatening. I even fired off Aminatou's ultimate, getting a bunch of Vampires and a Well of Lost Dreams from the player to my left. Vampires killed Nin the turn before she was going to combo off and deal 50 to me and the Vampire players, and then took the game out with a combination of Vish Kal, Malakir Bloodwitch, and Sanctum Seeker.
That sounds like it was quite the game to be a part of!
It was the best game I've played in a long time, I got to do a bunch of weird stuff with Djinn of Wishes (including wishing for an Aminatou's Augury and then hitting 18 mana worth of cards :D )and Daxos of Meletis (not as a combo, just two cards I've never actually played before), I blinked Cloudblazer and Lavinia a bunch of times and was generally an annoyance :P The Nin player got to Rings of Brighthearth a Jace's Archivist, then Cerebral Vortexed me for 25.... it was a good fun game.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-15 8:25 pm 

Played a four player game with my Anax and Cymede and Mayael, the Anima decks as well as (mine, but unaltered from the precon) Nahiri, the Lithomancer and a friend's Kaalia.

Kaalia did what Kaalia does and it was looking pretty grim (especially after he dropped Avacyn, Angel of Hope), but a well timed Naya Charm to tap the whole team from Mayael meant that I could get in to kill him off with help from Resolute Blademaster and Lantern Scout while going to 70 life in the process. It left me unguarded and I was back to 28 before I got to untap (turns out the other two decks thought I was dangerous haha). I actually felt kind of bad knocking one guy out so early, but not so bad after he said he should have tutored (via Rune-Scarred Demon) for Master of Cruelties instead of Avacyn. (Turns out his meta is a quite a bit different from mine; he's from another city).

The game went long after that - so long in fact that Nahiri was able to assemble not one but TWO Stoneforged Blades - Surprise, it's not legendary!

I was wanting to test the Soldier decks resistance and/or ability to boardwipes - after losing nearly all of my team to an Austere Command and then losing all of them later on to a Wrath of God (Accept No Substitutes(tm)), I can say that I was in topdeck mode and pretty much irrelevant for a lot of the game afterwards; Mayael eventually died to the Stoneforged Blades on a Flickerwisp and had enough blockers left over that I couldn't get through. It was only because I drew Archangel Avacyn and Firemane Angel back to back that I managed to stay alive as long as I did.

Will need to add some more resilience in there and some decent card draw; after playing around with Well of Lost Dreams in the game last night, I might give that a go here as well. I may also need to add some safety net board wipes, because I didn't draw any this game and I needed them. Overall it did what I expected it to do; came out roaring, made a lot of noise but (even with the Allies added) didn't really have a long game.

Edit: Note to self: Mentor of the Meek, Mind's Eye, Staff of Nin, Book of Rass(?), Loreseeker's Stone, Skullclamp ( :roll: ), Well of Lost Dreams, Endless Atlas, Citywide Bust

Last edited by Viperion on 2018-Sep-17 10:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-15 10:03 pm 

Added Ghost Council

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-17 1:50 pm 

Added Nin

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-17 4:39 pm 

Added Savra

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-17 8:48 pm 

Added Anax and Cymede - and it needs help :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-18 12:08 am 

Viperion wrote:
Added Anax and Cymede - and it needs help :)

Here, or in your Strategy thread?

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-18 6:25 am 

In the decklist thread please :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-18 9:15 pm 

Added Edric

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-27 10:10 pm 

Added Aminatou

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-28 9:57 am 

Added Inalla

Offline Profile