Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Nov-18 12:23 am

Post subject: Grixmas 2018
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 4:33 am 

Grixmas 2018

Timeline:
    End of sign-up: (last date to submit your name for participation)
      26 Oct 18
    Verify Contact Data: (Last date to PM your contact information - because, inevitably, people will not include all 5 required items...)
      28 Oct 18
    Send Victim Names: (date by which you will receive a PM with instructions and your victim's name)
      29 Oct 18
    Package Send by: (All packages must be sent by this date)
      3 Dec 18

I am running a seasonal power exchange, where people will get a random Magic: the Gathering card from their secret Elder Dragon (I love when they give up their power so easily). If you are interested in receiving (and giving, though it is the receiving season) a card then you must PM me.

---

Your registration PM must include the following (Notes 1-3 are NOT optional, use N/A as needed):
(all five are required for each participant, follow instructions or be denied participation in my Grixmas Ceremony. I highly recommend you copy/paste the below into the PM and fill in all fields.)
    Name
    Address
    Additional Contact see Note 1
    Limiting Information see Note 2
    Regional Information see Note 3

I also require a PM to be sent within 48hrs when a package is sent or received. Tracking is not required but is highly encouraged (especially since, for US residents, flat rate Priority mail comes with free tracking and $50 of free insurance). If used, the tracking information should be in the "Package sent" PM as well. For international packages, you must submit the Customs label number (usually in the format "AA########AA" where the final two letters are the two letter code for the country of origin. Many int'l customs numbers that also have a barcode will function as tracking as well (for US senders, you must use the large white Customs form (2976-A) for the customs number to function as a tracking number in participating countries. It will always track until departing the US).

* Failure to PM your contact information by the deadline will preclude inclusion in this season's event.
* Failure to Communicate and/or follow directions (e.g. PM package information when you send or receive) will prevent participation in next year's program. You have been warned.
* Failure to post receipt - When you receive your package, after sending me the confirmation PM, you should post to the thread how awesome (or aweful) your package was. Include pictures. These posts are what enable people to vote for the season ending gifts (if you would like to win, and who doesn't, then your victim will have needed a compelling post about how great you are. Show the person sending to you the same courtesy. If you can't host your pictures, we can coordinate for you to email them to me or my slave and we will host them and send you the link to add to your receive post. Failure to include pictures won't get you a one year ban (it just makes you a bad forumite) but failure to post to the thread that you have received will.

---

Please feel free to post a 'requests' post with the type of cards that you would be most excited about getting (remember, you're not going to get a Black Lotus so keep it realistic and remember these are requests, you are not guaranteed to get any of them). Because I always encourage the defacement of property, alters are always encouraged; especially "sharpy" based alters. Previously successful request schema include:

Linking a decklist from which options may be chosen (if you reference a deck... Link it! If you need an excel sheet to autocard your deck list for posting, PM me.)
    Altered/Promo versions of Generals being played
    Alter Requests - Specific card(s) (something like "Altered Storm Crow" - Sheldon's request)
    Alter Requests - Specific theme (something like "any card altered to a 'TMNT theme'" - Willbender's Request)
    Cards signed by the sender
    Interesting Generals (altered or not)
    Old cards that would not see printing now (abilities out of rarity or color like Sindbad, odd effects like Balduvian Shaman)
    Tokens (normal, altered, store promo or home-made)

This is an EDH forum so EDH staples are probably the best type of card to send. Also altered or signed versions of cards help make your gift unique. Changes to what you are wishing for should be made by updating the original request post (since that will be linked to your name on the next post). Also, PM me and/or post in the thread that you have updated your request information, especially if changes are made after your information is updated to Post 2 below.

The second post of this thread will have all information summarized and linked by participant, once participants are confirmed. (see Grixmas 2014 Summary for an example)

It is highly recommended that you take a picture of your package contents before sending. This allows redress should a parcel be lost in the mail (you need contents lists and photos for them to look for the package, at least for US Mail) and it also allows me to request contents pictures should the recipient be unable to post pictures upon receipt of the package.

Note 1 wrote:

Participation requires that you supply an email address. Email addresses are required for Donations SASE use and/or Paypal donations. The point is that I need some way other than Forum PM to contact you should plans drastically change with minimal notice. This is not shared at large, only I (and my Slave, if any) will have access, and only for emergency contact.

Note 2 wrote:

If you will be away from the registration address provided for greater than 48 hours between 1 Dec 2018 and 15 Jan 2019, please provide that information.
Reasons may include (but are not limited to) Vacation, Holiday Travel, Business Travel, Moving, and being too lazy to check your mail regularly. Otherwise, please put N/A in the registration if there is no planned "away time;" and, should that change, notify me as soon as possible so arrangements can be made regarding delivery.

Note 3 wrote:

If your participation is limited by region, include what region (Country(ies), Continent(s), Region(s)) to which you are willing to send. If you have no problems victimizing anyone, put N/A or Global. If I cannot pair somebody with a regional limitation, I will PM them back and we can discuss options.

Golden Rule: I can work with you on most circumstances, but the unforgivable offenses are failure to communicate and failure to follow instructions.

I am accepting donations early for the program (rather than waiting until Murphy strikes). Your options, should you choose to donate, are:

- Mail a single card, personally altered and signed (good or bad, but not professionally altered unless you are the professional). The card should be from an EDH Pre-con -or- less than $1 (or local currency)
-- For those who wish to donate but shipping is prohibitive, I will send a SASE (or equivilent) for you to send the donation. PM for details.
- For those that prefer monetary donations, PM for my Paypal or other options. This will mostly go towards SASE coverage for card donations and shipping of prizes.

PM for address information before sending a donation.

Cards received will first be used to cover any packages that are lost to the mail. The goal is to have a bank of cards before any packages are lost, so there is no waiting time for donations to replace lost packages. All the remaining donations will be used for the season closing vote on most seasonal/appropriate gift.

PM if you have any questions, or ask in the thread.

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2018-Sep-24 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas is coming
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 4:33 am 

Number of Participants: 12

0 Participants Complete

3 Packages Sent

2 Packages Received

0 Donations

Package Sent: <Pending>
Tracking Number: <Pending>
Package Received: <Pending>

Wishes:
Here are some ideas for what I might enjoy receiving for the exchange (Not really keen on foils, so don't go out of your way there):

Alters: Any Grixmas themed alters would be cool. If you want to try something more ambitious, I have a bad habit of making tribal decks where the general doesn't match the tribe... so if you could alter any of these generals to go with the tribe, that would be really cool.
Alesha, Who Smiles at Death - Ally tribal (maybe she is fighting an Eldrazi?)
Inalla, Archmage Ritualist - Pirate tribal (treasure theme)
Nin, the Pain Artist - Elemental tribal
Rosheen Meanderer - Hydra tribal
Sygg, River Cutthroat - Ninja tribal (got some rogues too, but ninjas are cooler)
Zur the Enchanter - Zombie tribal

I am looking for any non-red intro deck planeswalkers to build an Atraxa Superfriends C-Team. Any of the intro deck rares that search for their corresponding walker are also appreciated. If you have any other cards you think would be fun for the deck that would be awesome as well. The goal is a low-powered goofy deck that doesn't try to shut down creature strategies. The main defense I plan on using for my planeswalkers being attacked is "Really... but he/she is so bad...".

I am looking for any 1/1 creatures to make a The Scarab God 1/1s deck. Bonus points if the creatures are significantly better as 4/4s.

I want all the Amonkhet/Hour of Devastation Deserts that you are willing/able to throw at me, especially the uncommon ones.

If you happen to open any of the guild kits, I am in love with the guild-stamped basics (especially the dimir ones).

Some specific cards I am looking for at the moment:
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
Demanding Dragon
Lazav, the Multifarious
Kindred Discovery
The Scarab God
Moodmark Painter (I will honestly probably have this by Grixmas time, but seriously I have opened about 30 packs and done 4 drafts so far and not seen ONE of this COMMON... so if you want to Storm-Crow spam me with a card this is probably the one that will make me laugh the most.)

References:
Demands

Wishes:

Basically anything that's:
Big Green Flier
Fertilid
Big Green Player-Killer
Something that crushes the souls and minds of Esper players
Hexproof, big and tramply, adds +1/+1 counters, etc.
Any number of Cultivate/Kodama's Reach/Explosive Vegetation/Nissa's Renewal (the one that ramps and gives 7 life)

Also, if you are in possession of this particular basic forest (CHK #306 by Rob Alexander), I want as many as you can spare/get, regular or foil is of no import:

Also, a Phyrexian Negator, just a regular one from Destiny if they're not too expensive.

Carrier Pigeons, altered to be troll birds would be ideal, but just Carrier Pigeons, as a friend of mine wishes to torment me with them.

References:
Demands
EDH.rec list of staples
Basic Forest CHK #306

Wishes:
I collect spider cards and would like to get ones I don't have.
These are the ones I don't have
Graverobber Spider, Skysnare Spider, Hatchery Spider, Hitchclaw Recluse, Mammoth Spider

Others I would like:
Alpha/Beta non-alter Giant Spider
Spider tokens
Altered spiders of book or movie spiders.

Obviously I would be happy with anything.

References:
Demands

Wishes:

Long time no chat... but I have been lurking again for a few months. I sold most of my collection for boring adult reasons in Feb. I did keep a few cards and have since bought the C2018 decks. I thought the Bant (G/W/U) enchantress deck would be a lot of fun, but I did not enjoy it at all. So now I want to do a different Bant deck... but not sure who to use.

So my request is this, Thrasios, Triton Hero/Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker... I think these two will give me some flexibilty, but I kinda wish they shared a tribe or something to help with a vision. Maybe I just got for a U/g/w merfolk build? If you have a different idea that is okay as well.

References:
Demands

Package Sent: 10 Nov 2018
Tracking Number: EG043252995CA

Wishes:
Just something novel for my Ephara, God of Polis deck (can just be a card that the individual thinks would be a cool addition - doesn't necessarily have to be a Yosei, or an engine piece). Preference to it not being a counterspell or wrath-effect, simply because I have to be keep those slots brutally efficient- and overloading on them makes the build fall apart.

References:
Demands

Wishes:
Anything would be greatly appreciated, here are a few ideas:

Blue, Black, White blink deck - Alters or foils of good blink targets like dudes who untap lands !

Dragon deck is still humming - I have a few alters but would really enjoy a Zirilan of the Claw alter - Grixmas themed or not.

Odric, Master Tactician aggro deck - anything, nothing blinged yet.

References:
Demands

Wishes:

There isn't a lot (or really anything) I need. I'm so far behind on what's been going on lately that I've been having trouble figuring out what I should put on here. But that being said, here's what I've come up with:

--Anything to do with Gilgamesh from Fate/Zero. I've long since wanted to build a deck based around his character using Dakkon Blackblade. Probably a control-based strategy theme deck using lots of the legendary artifacts, weapons, and powers Gilgamesh boasts about using. I'll provide a link later to a list of the cards I've amassed for this project so far, but realize there's likely no coherence in place yet. Link to list.

--I want to build a Palladia-Mors, the Ruiner deck, but I don't know what I want it to do. Help?

--Boros is one color combination I really enjoy playing, but I know people don't consider it very good. I'd be happy to see your personal take on a Boros commander.

--Literally any goofy alter you'd like to surprise me with. I haven't quite found a place for every alter I've been gifted, but it's something that I work towards when building decks.

References:
Demands

Package Sent: 9 Nov 2018
Tracking Number: RN287952609GB
Package Received: 15 Nov 2018

Wishes:
O Great One. I’m a lot less stressed this year, so I have the time and the enthusiasm to participate again. So this space below is where I’ll put what I desire:
Cards I need (altered is OK)
Treasure tokens
Servo tokens
Wurmcoil Engine tokens

Altered (preferred, obviously) or foil versions of:
Plaguecrafter
The Eldest Reborn
Pitiless Plunderer
Dauthi Cutthroat (there's no foil, but this goes into my assassin deck; since Wizards screwed up the creature type this needs a Minion alter)

Prerelease promo's (I like these a lot, sometimes hard to find and sometimes expensive, some are bulk, but some people have these lying around so I'll just throw it out here. I prefer these unaltered, but then again, who am I to go against lord Bolas' wishes):
Phyrexian Scriptures (!)
Thaumatic Compass
Path of Discovery
Revel in Riches
Spell Swindle
Inventors' Fair
Marionette Master
Virtus the Veiled
Yasova Dragonclaw
Door of Destinies
Vona's hunger

Long shot:
I'm still looking for a Yuriko and Hammer of Nazahn. Unstable basics (mainly swamps) are great too, but who'd want to part with those...

Other:
I'm building Najeela. I have most of the new warriors and the expensive non warrior stuff, but any warrior commonly found in a Najeela list is appreciated if it is altered/marked/personalized.

References:
Demands

Package Sent: 5 Nov 2018
Tracking Number: USPS: 9505 5265 3416 8309 2727 30
Package Received: 13 Nov 2018

Wishes:
I didn't get to pick up much Battlebond, so neat stuff from that set would be appreciated. Ditto for M19 - I hated M19 limited so much that I stopped drafting for the season.

If someone's feeling ambitious, I'd love to get a Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief altered to have Imperfect Cell on it...

References:
Demands

Wishes:

Commander cards from any of:
- newer sets I missed: Dominaria, Guilds of Ravnica, M19, Battlebond
- older sets I never got to play with because they were before I started: Alara, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor

Individual stand-out cards from some of the newer sets:
- Helm of the Host
- Blackblade Reforged
- Archfiend of Despair
- Runic Armasaur
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty
- M19 Sarkhan cards: Sarkhan, Dragonsoul; Sarkhan, Fireblood
- Sarkhan's Unsealing
- Hungering Hydra
- Bramble Sovereign
- Sower of Discord
- Any GRN Locket

I've had a busy year and totally missed some of these sets, and Alara and Lorwyn/Shadowmoor are sets from well before I started but I think I would've loved them to bits.

I enjoy big splashy cards, huge creatures at huge costs are awesome. I also enjoy playing with mechanical synergy along a theme, like +1/+1 counters or graveyard or tribal or artifact decks. Interactive multiplayer-focused cards are awesome. Story in cards is cool.

I was struggling with EDH a bit last time I played, and I think it was because I was consistently shying away from higher power levels that would fully unleash my deck plans' potentials (which other people weren't shying away from) and I wasn't playing enough spot removal or enchantment removal to deal with disruptions.

I'm going to get back into brewing some new decks, like some Jund beatdown, returning to my plans to make a nonwhite or nonblack or 5C ur-dragon dragon deck with mainly Sarkhan as a thematic linchpin, Muldrotha or golgari graveyard decks, dimir milling, etc.

Send me cards you think I'd have fun with or ought to brew with, and/or some of those stand-out cards I already know I'd like to brew with.

References:
Demands

Wishes:
I'm going to provide a list of things for my giftee to choose from, depending on how much time and/or effort they want to invest in their gift. Feel free to mix and match from any of the following as you like- the options are in rough order of priority:

The main thing I would love to acquire is a single copy of Verdant Catacombs for my Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper deck. If anyone feels like being outrageously generous I love the Expedition art, but I am more than happy with the normal version. This is my "highest priority" want, as it were, but I recognise it won't be cheap to fulfill.

The other expensive item I have been trying to track down is a copy of Arcbound Ravager for Daretti. As before, the Masterpiece artwork would be ideal, but I understand that too is outrageously expensive, so either of the normal artworks will do fine.

For those whose pockets are not lined with gold bullion, I would also get a lot of use out of some cheaper options:

I've had a surprisingly hard time finding a copy of The Immortal Sun and Etali, Primal Storm. Like a lot of people, I didn't get to open as much Battlebond as I'd like. So I would be very happy with any additional copies of the lands from that set, but particularly a Morphic Pool. Alternatively, I'm also seeking to finish my collection of M25 filterlands: primarily, Twilight Mire and Flooded Grove, and less importantly, Rugged Prairie, Cascade Bluffs and Fetid Heath. Please only the M25 versions of these lands, if that's OK (not the Lorwyn/Shadowmoor ones).

As well as these, I've a terrible weakness for cool foils and alternate arts of any and all varieties. As such, basically any EDH-playable Masterpieces (including the Zendikar Expeditions, Kaladesh Inventions, and Amonkhet Invocations) are welcome, along with weird promos and foils of all kinds.

In the absence of any of the above, I've a long list of random individual cards I've been steadily trying to acquire, and anyone who can assist with these would have my undying gratitude. Some of them are expensive, others not, so feel free to spend as much or as little effort as you feel comfortable with. I've listed specific versions of each card where that's important.

Eternal Witness (FNM)
Command Tower (Judge)
Savage Lands (FNM)
Blood Crypt (Dissension)
Overgrown Tomb (original Ravnica)
Cinder Glade (Standard Series Promo- see here https://scryfall.com/card/pss1/235/cinder-glade&#41;
Wood Elves (WPN/Gateway foil)
Hornet Queen (Commander)
Darksteel Colossus (M10)
Farseek (FNM)
Cultivate (FNM)
Lightning Greaves (FNM)
Hallowed Fountain (Dissension)
Prairie Stream (Standard Series Promo- see https://scryfall.com/card/pss1/241/prairie-stream&#41;
Shimmer Myr
Soul of New Phyrexia
Caged Sun
Goblin Welder (Elves VS Inventors version)
Mind Stone (WPN/Gateway foil)
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle (promo version)
Sanctum Prelate
Withered Wretch (Planechase)
Archfiend of Depravity (Intro pack foil)
Aven Mindcensor (Invocation- this may be tricky)
Very Cryptic Command (any of the Zolton Boros versions- surprise me!)

References:
Demands

Wishes:
Ransom List:
Assassin's Trophy
Baffling End
Boneyard Parley
Dowsing Dagger
Karn, Scion of Urza

Below is the cube I'm looking to pimp out (pimp meaning sharpie alters, so anything here would be great), or any manafixing lands or other cards you think would be great in here.

References:
Demands
Cube List

Grixmas 2012 | Grixmas 2013 | Grixmas 2014 | Grixmas 2015 | Grixmas 2016 | Grixmas 2017 | Grixmas 2018

Last edited by St. Nic Bolas on 2018-Nov-15 11:57 am, edited 16 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas is coming
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 4:34 am 

----------------------------------------
Voting Instructions
PENDING DATA

Winners
PENDING DATA

Spoils
PENDING DATA

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Grixmas 2018
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 8:29 pm 

Thanks for putting up with us again, O Great One. I’m a lot less stressed this year, so I have the time and the enthusiasm to participate again. So this space below is where I’ll put what I desire:

Wants

Cards I need (altered is OK)
    Treasure tokens
    Servo tokens
    Wurmcoil Engine tokens

Altered (preferred, obviously) or foil versions of:
    Plaguecrafter
    The Eldest Reborn
    Pitiless Plunderer
    Dauthi Slayer Cutthroat there's no foil, but this goes into my assassin deck; since Wizards screwed up the creature type this needs a Minion alter)

Prerelease promo's (I like these a lot, sometimes hard to find and sometimes expensive, some are bulk, but some people have these lying around so I'll just throw it out here. I prefer these unaltered, but then again, who am I to go against lord Bolas' wishes):
    Phyrexian Scriptures (!)
    Thaumatic Compass
    Path of Discovery
    Revel in Riches
    Spell Swindle
    Inventors' Fair
    Marionette Master
    Virtus the Veiled
    Yasova Dragonclaw
    Door of Destinies
    Vona's hunger

Long shot:
    I'm still looking for a Yuriko and Hammer of Nazahn. Unstable basics (mainly swamps) are great too, but who'd want to part with those...

Other:
    I'm building Najeela. I have most of the new warriors and the expensive non warrior stuff, but any warrior commonly found in a Najeela list is appreciated if it is altered/marked/personalized.

Unfortunately I still haven’t learnd how to professionally alter cards, although that was my ambition for the past two years. Not that I have the talent for a real alter, but painting a grixmas hat is a skill that would make me happy. The stretch goal is expanding art with merry.

One question, could you explain a bit more about the donations? Why the one dollar limitation?

EDIT:

I just came across something pretty dumb: I wrote Dauthi Slayer where I meant Dauthi Cutthroat. Not that the Slayer isn't a nice card, but it doesn't resemble an assassin. I found the error because I encountered a foil Dauthi Slayer, which I didn't know it existed.

Last edited by Shabbaman on 2018-Nov-02 2:09 am, edited 8 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 9:18 pm 

Shabbaman wrote:
One question, could you explain a bit more about the donations? Why the one dollar limitation?

PM Sent.

BLUF: It's a recommendation, not a hard-fast limitation.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 10:37 pm 

I'm in! :)

Requests
totally stealing sid's idea for how he phrased his requests

Commander cards from any of:
- newer sets I missed: Dominaria, Guilds of Ravnica, M19, Battlebond
- older sets I never got to play with because they were before I started: Alara, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor

Individual stand-out cards from some of the newer sets:
- Helm of the Host
- Blackblade Reforged
- Archfiend of Despair
- Runic Armasaur
- Shalai, Voice of Plenty
- M19 Sarkhan cards: Sarkhan, Dragonsoul; Sarkhan, Fireblood
- Sarkhan's Unsealing
- Hungering Hydra
- Bramble Sovereign
- Sower of Discord
- Any GRN Locket

I've had a busy year and totally missed some of these sets, and Alara and Lorwyn/Shadowmoor are sets from well before I started but I think I would've loved them to bits.

I enjoy big splashy cards, huge creatures at huge costs are awesome. I also enjoy playing with mechanical synergy along a theme, like +1/+1 counters or graveyard or tribal or artifact decks. Interactive multiplayer-focused cards are awesome. Story in cards is cool.

I was struggling with EDH a bit last time I played, and I think it was because I was consistently shying away from higher power levels that would fully unleash my deck plans' potentials (which other people weren't shying away from) and I wasn't playing enough spot removal or enchantment removal to deal with disruptions.

I'm going to get back into brewing some new decks, like some Jund beatdown, returning to my plans to make a nonwhite or nonblack or 5C ur-dragon dragon deck with mainly Sarkhan as a thematic linchpin, Muldrotha or golgari graveyard decks, dimir milling, etc.

Send me cards you think I'd have fun with or ought to brew with, and/or some of those stand-out cards I already know I'd like to brew with. :)

Last edited by spacemonaut on 2018-Oct-26 8:07 am, edited 8 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 10:45 pm 

I'm definitely in again.

Requests... I didn't get to pick up much Battlebond, so neat stuff from that set would be appreciated. Ditto for M19 - I hated M19 limited so much that I stopped drafting for the season.

If someone's feeling ambitious, I'd love to get a Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief altered to have Imperfect Cell on it (Because I drink people).

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-23 11:54 pm 

*sings* It's the most wonderful tiiiiiime of the yeeeeeaaarr *sings*

I am most certainly in, and I will update this post with my wants once I have a list in mind. Merry Grixmas, everyone!

My wishlist information:

As I did last time, I'm going to provide a list of things for my giftee to choose from, depending on how much time and/or effort they want to invest in their gift. Feel free to mix and match from any of the following as you like- the options are in rough order of priority:

The main thing I would love to acquire is a single copy of Verdant Catacombs for my Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper deck. If anyone feels like being outrageously generous I love the Expedition art, but I am more than happy with the normal version. This is my "highest priority" want, as it were, but I recognise it won't be cheap to fulfill.

The other expensive item I have been trying to track down is a copy of Arcbound Ravager for Daretti. As before, the Masterpiece artwork would be ideal, but I understand that too is outrageously expensive, so either of the normal artworks will do fine.

For those whose pockets are not lined with gold bullion, I would also get a lot of use out of some cheaper options:

I've had a surprisingly hard time finding a copy of The Immortal Sun and Etali, Primal Storm. Like a lot of people, I didn't get to open as much Battlebond as I'd like. So I would be very happy with any additional copies of the lands from that set, but particularly a Morphic Pool. Alternatively, I'm also seeking to finish my collection of M25 filterlands: primarily, Twilight Mire and Flooded Grove, and less importantly, Rugged Prairie, Cascade Bluffs and Fetid Heath. Please only the M25 versions of these lands, if that's OK (not the Lorwyn/Shadowmoor ones).

As well as these, I've a terrible weakness for cool foils and alternate arts of any and all varieties. As such, basically any EDH-playable Masterpieces (including the Zendikar Expeditions, Kaladesh Inventions, and Amonkhet Invocations) are welcome, along with weird promos and foils of all kinds.

In the absence of any of the above, I've a long list of random individual cards I've been steadily trying to acquire, and anyone who can assist with these would have my undying gratitude. Some of them are expensive, others not, so feel free to spend as much or as little effort as you feel comfortable with. I've listed specific versions of each card where that's important.

Eternal Witness (FNM)
Command Tower (Judge)
Savage Lands (FNM)
Blood Crypt (Dissension)
Overgrown Tomb (original Ravnica)
Cinder Glade (Standard Series Promo- see here https://scryfall.com/card/pss1/235/cinder-glade)
Wood Elves (WPN/Gateway foil)
Hornet Queen (Commander)
Darksteel Colossus (M10)
Farseek (FNM)
Cultivate (FNM)
Lightning Greaves (FNM)
Hallowed Fountain (Dissension)
Prairie Stream (Standard Series Promo- see https://scryfall.com/card/pss1/241/prairie-stream)
Shimmer Myr
Soul of New Phyrexia
Caged Sun
Goblin Welder (Elves VS Inventors version)
Mind Stone (WPN/Gateway foil)
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle (promo version)
Sanctum Prelate
Withered Wretch (Planechase)
Archfiend of Depravity (Intro pack foil)
Aven Mindcensor (Invocation- this may be tricky)
Very Cryptic Command (any of the Zolton Boros versions- surprise me!)

Thank you one and all, and have a merry Grixmas.

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Machine Red)
Sigarda, Heron's Grace (Innistrad's Industrial Revolution)
X (The Spy Who Un'd Me)
Rubinia Soulsinger (Polymorphs)
Sek'Kuar, Deathkeeper (Shadowborn Apostles)
Mathas, Fiend Seeker (So Me To You)

Last edited by Swmystery on 2018-Oct-21 9:12 am, edited 6 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-24 12:45 am 

Hello All,

Long time no chat... but I have been lurking again for a few months. I sold most of my collection for boring adult reasons in Feb. I did keep a few cards and have since bought the C2018 decks. I thought the Bant (G/W/U) enchantress deck would be a lot of fun, but I did not enjoy it at all. So now I want to do a different Bant deck... but not sure who to use.

So my request is this, Thrasios, Triton Hero/Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker... I think these two will give me some flexibilty, but I kinda wish they shared a tribe or something to help with a vision. Maybe I just got for a U/g/w merfolk build? If you have a different idea that is okay as well.

Thanks!

Shabbaman wrote:
The usual answer is "the social contract", but I guess that is not what you are looking for. Try house rules.

Last edited by Inkeyes22 on 2018-Sep-26 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-24 9:33 am 

spacemonaut wrote:

... is that because you drink people too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFmkIrBvQ5U

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-25 2:53 am 

inb4 Sid talks about the rush he feels from people disappearing (presumably after he drinks them.)

I'm... in? (Sending PM after this post.)

My wish-
Just something novel for my Ephara deck (can just be a card that the individual thinks would be a cool addition- doesn't necessarily have to be a Yosei, or an engine piece.) Preference to it not being a counterspell or wrath-effect, simply because I have to be keep those slots brutally efficient- and overloading on them makes the build fall apart.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-25 7:45 am 

I am in, PM sent

I am making a few new decks right now, will send in requests soon.

EDIT : Anything would be greatly appreciated, here are a few ideas:

Blue, Black, White blink deck - Alters or foils of good blink targets like dudes who untap lands !

Dragon deck is still humming - I have a few alters but would really enjoy a Zirilan of the Claw alter Grixmas themed or not.

Odric agro deck - anything, nothing blinged yet.

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Last edited by MRHblue on 2018-Oct-28 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-25 9:44 am 

Mr Degradation wrote:
inb4 Sid talks about the rush he feels from people disappearing (presumably after he drinks them.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-26 12:47 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
spacemonaut wrote:

... is that because you drink people too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFmkIrBvQ5U

I'm on a diet and can't drink people. They're too high calorie.

I can drink all the tears I want though. Hopefully St Nic is proud of me.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-26 1:52 am 

I am in, oh great terrible one.

This year I will be okay.

Ransom List:
Assassin's Trophy
Baffling End
Boneyard Parley
Dowsing Dagger
Karn, Scion of Urza

Edited: to add Sower of Discord to the list.

Here is the cube I'm looking to pimp out (pimp meaning sharpie alters, so anything here would be great), or any manafixing lands or other cards you think would be great in here. http://www.cubetutor.com/cubeblog/93604

Last edited by Tim Proctor on 2018-Oct-28 2:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile