Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-24 7:54 am

Post subject: card tags?
AgePosted: 2019-Jan-06 1:24 am 

Im new to the forums scene, how do i put card tags?
Thanks you!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: card tags?
AgePosted: 2019-Jan-06 1:48 am 

Welcome to the forums...

1) Type the name of the card (spelling matters), highlight the card, click the "Card" button on the editor.

2) type one of the following around the card (or in your notepad, word, excel other program so you can copy/paste the text)
a) before the name use {card} or {c} (replacing the {} with [], since I can't type and example with the square braces and have it show in this message)
b) after the name type {/card} or {c} (also replacing the curly braces with square braces)

Remember, you can always use "preview" before you submit and hover over your card tag to make sure it worked (braces correct, spelling correct)

Example: Plains is {c}Plains{/c} with square braces instead of curly braces. Press quote to see the text the way I typed it.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Last edited by Treamayne on 2019-Jan-18 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-16 6:33 am 

Here's examples of what Treamayne was saying. I'm going to post twice. First time I'm disabling the BBCode so you can see how to write it. Second post I won't so you can see what the end result of the same coding looks like.

1) [card]Giant Growth[/card]
2a) [card]Zedruu[/card]
2b) [c]Ancestral Recall[/c]

As a note, putting in the full card name will get you the right card, short forms (see 2a above) can work, but sometimes it gets you the wrong card. Such as if you want [c]Jaya Ballard[/c], then just putting [c]Jaya[/c] may get you the wrong card.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-16 6:33 am 

Here's examples of what Treamayne was saying. I'm going to post twice. First time I'm disabling the BBCode so you can see how to write it. Second post I won't so you can see what the end result of the same coding looks like.

1) Giant Growth
2a) Zedruu
2b) Ancestral Recall

As a note, putting in the full card name will get you the right card, short forms (see 2a above) can work, but sometimes it gets you the wrong card. Such as if you want Jaya Ballard, then just putting Jaya may get you the wrong card.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-16 8:25 am 

also https://manabase.com/www/autocard.php will do all the tags at the same time, if you are doing a lot (say for a deck list)

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-16 9:08 am 

Worth noting - you can abbreviate... sometimes. Zedruu works for Zedruu the Greathearted. Emrakul does not work for Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. Putting the comma in as well sometimes works - as in Baral isn't correct, but Baral, is. When in doubt, spell out the full card name, which can be a pain, especially if it's long and/or difficult to spell.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-18 3:08 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:
also https://manabase.com/www/autocard.php will do all the tags at the same time, if you are doing a lot (say for a deck list)
This site is also particularly useful for catching misspellings. If I type "Zedruu, the Greathearted" instead of Zedruu the Greathearted here, it'll just show the same thing as if I had tried to tag Michael Scott. On the autocard site, it'll just not tag that one so you can clearly see that something's wrong.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-18 10:00 am 

Inkeyes22 wrote:

I keep deck lists in Excel and use that for card tagging.
Example:
If you put card names in in Col B (any other data you want to track in Col C and higher) you can use the following formula in Col A (copy paste to as many rows as needed). When you want to post, you simply copy Col A and paste into the forums.

Code:
=concatenate("[c]",$B2,"[/c]")

Now you can copy this to as many tabs as you need (Each tab is a different deck in my file) and just putting/changing the decklist into the file automatically makes the card tags.

HK

Last edited by Treamayne on 2019-Jan-20 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-19 4:45 pm 

That should be:
Code:
=concatenate("[card]",$B2,"[/card]")

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-20 2:31 am 

NMS wrote:
That should be:
Code:
=concatenate("[card]",$B2,"[/card]")

Thanks. Didn't realize code tags worked on this forum.

HK

Offline Profile