[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Commander 2019

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-19 10:06 am

Post subject: Re: Commander 2019
AgePosted: 2019-Mar-11 6:22 am 

Probably going to skip this year unless the reprints are great.
Last year was a disappointment overall, and the last set I enjoyed was the Eminence ones, especially Ahrabo since so good in 1 v1 for a while.
If Eminence makes another comeback, I'm probably in. Just a theme deck (tribal or otherwise) likely gets a pass, especially with a price increase.

- cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A .
Duel Commander:
- Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
- Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-11 7:32 am 

They have specifically said that they're aware of the (correctly) negative response to the reprints last year and will be correcting that this year. Whether they follow through or not remains to be seen of course

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-12 8:28 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-12 10:12 am 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-13 12:50 pm 

- cEDH discard/attrition.
Pre-Modern:
A .
Duel Commander:
- Ramp ramp ramp into Ugin+Painter's Servant.
- Unbridled Aggro

Find me Saturdays at the Wizard's Tower - Ottawa and occasional Mondays at Westboro Legion for Duel Commander.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-13 4:00 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-13 5:37 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-14 2:33 pm 

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-17 3:27 pm 

Follow me on Twitter: @generalspeak

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-17 5:46 pm 

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-22 12:04 am 

I hope they ceate more interaction with mechanics, introduced in previus CMDR sets.

Some , are pretty good but i think they need some cards to interact with them to generate added value to those mechanics. Example: a spell that its cost is reduced by one for each xperience counter you have.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-22 12:47 pm 

HK

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-22 5:15 pm 

Don’t forget Myriad, the most criminally underutilized mechanic ever made.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-23 3:25 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-23 4:39 am 

HK

Offline Profile