Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jun-16 9:28 am

Post subject: Re: Ethical aspects of conceading
AgePosted: 2019-Apr-29 10:07 am 

Excusing the requirements of life concessions (ie. I have to go to work, I have to catch a bus etc.) I generally agree that conceding a game is usually the wrong thing to do. The main reason for this is if the game seems hopeless for you, either you are going to lose very soon, or someone else is going to shift the balance of power dramatically. I have played in many games online that have seen a player concede on the turn before I board wipe.

It's pretty miserable sitting on 2 lands and constantly having to discard, I can see an argument in some situations where you walk away from that game so that you can join in a different game about to start, like if your playing at a shop where there are many games going at the same time. That said it is also pretty miserable for the other people who signed up to play multiplayer commander, and are suddenly left with a 1v1 game. That happens more frequently on MTGO in my experience, but that's a feature of that platform that is most frustrating and most enjoyable - the ability to start a new game in a few moments.

Under normal circumstances there is really only one reason I will concede a game early, and that is because someone is playing a hard lock out deck. I cant think of the last time this happened, but if I am literally not playing anymore then I'm probably going to walk away from that game. The only example I can think of is being hit with geddon and leaving me with no outs for the next 6+ turns.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile