Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-14 6:20 am

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Endgame Fallout Speculation
AgePosted: 2019-May-08 10:26 am 

Viperion wrote:
Yeah it said "The world needs an Iron Man" or something like that, said by Peter Parker to Happy, while there's some new tech revolving around Peter's arm. Neither Happy nor Peter fit the super-genius category either though.

Huh, I didn't catch that. The trailer I remember is the first one that came out a while back. I didn't think the new one that for sure spoils Endgame was the one I saw in the theater.

Either way. Peter is probably the second most qualified person we've seen so far in the movie universe, trailing behind Banner.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-08 10:34 am 

A new trailer dropped yesterday, complete with a disclaimer by Tom Holland at the start that it contains Endgame spoilers :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-08 11:02 am 

Viperion wrote:
Yeah it said "The world needs an Iron Man" or something like that, said by Peter Parker to Happy, while there's some new tech revolving around Peter's arm. Neither Happy nor Peter fit the super-genius category either though.

Incorrect. Peter certainly does, both in the comics and the movies. Tons of evidence in the comics, and as for the movies, he created the web shooters and web fluid himself as a highschooler.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-08 12:03 pm 

Willbender wrote:
Viperion wrote:

Incorrect. Peter certainly does, both in the comics and the movies. Tons of evidence in the comics, and as for the movies, he created the web shooters and web fluid himself as a highschooler.

Puts on his "College Humor" hat ;)
Um, actually....

Peter Parker while extremely smart, has never been in the Tony Stark/Reed Richards/Hank Pym/Bruce Banner category. While he did create the webfluid and web shooters, he's not in the "I figured out time travel" league, by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

Edited to add: In fact in the movies it's Ned that breaks into the Iron Spiders programming and unlocks the other modes.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-11 9:43 am 

Viperion wrote:
Peter Parker while extremely smart, has never been in the Tony Stark/Reed Richards/Hank Pym/Bruce Banner category. While he did create the webfluid and web shooters, he's not in the "I figured out time travel" league, by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

Yet. Remember he's just a kid in the MCU, and Tony Start didn't figure out time travel at 15. They could conceivably write him into the role. Also, Happy tells him "I don't think Tony would have did what he did if he didn't know you'd be here", which may just be a nod to their father/son relationship, but could also be an indicator that Spiderman is supposed to fill his shoes now that he's gone.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-11 9:53 am 

(I don't know if this counts as spoilers or not really, but putting it in tags just to be safe)

I think Shuri is a more likely replacement, tbh. I just hope they pull back a little bit from "Vibranium is straight up magic" that they pulled in Black Panther.

Online Profile