Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-20 10:29 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Modern Horizons
AgePosted: 2019-Jun-02 9:41 am 

Willbender wrote:
Segrus wrote:
Hall of Heliod's Generosity and The First Sliver are cards I'm kind of expecting to increase in price. Hall being around $10-$15 seems especially underpriced. Its very similar to Volrath's Stronghold in effect, and even though Volrath is likely the stronger of the two getting enchantments back on a land is really good.

The better comparison would probably be Academy Ruins, which is sitting around $30.

Ah, very true.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 10:44 am 

specter404 wrote:
Can I just express how annoyed I am that Vista is a rare. That is going to be such a sought after card, instead of being a $5 value uncommon, it's going to be a $25-30 rare with an $80 foil.

Viperion wrote:
I was having this conversation on a Discord I'm on - there's no way it'll be $30 since the land it fetches can only ever tap for one colour. The Vintage and Legacy crowd will straight up avoid this like the plague, and even modern relies on Shocklands for manabases. I figure it'll be $10-15 at launch at settle somewhere $5-8. Which is still too expensive for a Terramorphic Expanse that dings you to untap the land.

I wish I wasn't right, but:
https://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/modern-horizons/prismatic-vista?xid=i2454f32843324fb883f4e6f59594fe07
And they won't reprint it in standard because shuffling is boring.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 10:54 am 

Re: Prismatic Vista
specter404 wrote:

Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse is printed in about 50% of the sets, so this isn't at all true. There's a decent chance it'll show in a standard or commander set at some point in the future.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 12:44 pm 

While I'll admit I was wrong about the launch price (come on people it only fetches basics....) the set hasn't even been out 4 weeks yet. Give it a chance to settle.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 1:25 pm 

^ The prices for playables of MH (Vista, Canopy Lands, Wrenn, stuff like that) are essentially at their lowest right now.

People aren't buying this at the rate they could have if it weren't for the next set being already here, there was just no time to take it all in. One vendor was even paying $22 on Vistas at GP Seattle :)

Willbender wrote:
Re: Prismatic Vista
specter404 wrote:

Evolving Wilds / Terramorphic Expanse is printed in about 50% of the sets, so this isn't at all true. There's a decent chance it'll show in a standard or commander set at some point in the future.

But those are not used in standard decks whatsoever, so that doesn't even matter. If Vista were standard legal, it would be completely playable. Now, that said, i am not really sure if it's entirely true "they won't reprint it in standard because shuffling is boring", but i think the comparison to Evolving is a little dubious. Evolving/Terramorphic and similar lands (Grotto/Promenade/Shores and weird bad mana rocks too) also are used for limited environments.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-07 6:26 pm 

Seems like a Commander slam dunk reprint.

Which means it will come out in 2027

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7