Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jun-24 5:41 pm

Post subject: Re: MTGSalvation Shutting Down for Good
AgePosted: 2019-May-29 1:14 pm 

You're asking two different internet communities to work together?!!!?

I mean, I admire your moxie, but... uh... all the best to you

:P

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-29 1:51 pm 

Kemev wrote:
cryogen wrote:
Kemev wrote:
What are the odds of recruiting the Sally EDH regulars to hang out here instead?

Slim, truthfully. Even among the regulars there most users are there for more than just Commander. And quite bluntly, the forum is better for the reasons posted in another thread. I know there is some overlap among users, but I don't know that we can recruit many.

I'm certainly not opposed to the idea though.

The other thread was actually what I was thinking of.

What are the odds if two communities need a new forum, they collaborate on one?

This is a very thoughtful post. I enjoy out of the box thinking like this.

Retired:
Krenko, Mob Boss (Goblins)
Zedruu the Christmas Goat (group hug)
Ramses Overdark (Assassin Deck)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-03 6:02 am 

This is too bad. While I stopped posting there a while back (I wasn't interested in signing up for another platform just to continue posting there, I wasn't happy with the direction a few of the moderators were taking it, and there was at least one moderator who I thought should not have been one, or should have had a non-moderator account to post non-mod things), it definitely had some good discussion and the incorrectly-named Rumour Mill was great for finding out about new information I might have otherwise missed. I hope the new site continues to be as good as MTGS, and if I only have to sign up for it (and not some Twitch/Curse overlord), I might even come back.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-03 7:31 am 

MrMoustache wrote:
This is too bad. While I stopped posting there a while back (I wasn't interested in signing up for another platform just to continue posting there, I wasn't happy with the direction a few of the moderators were taking it, and there was at least one moderator who I thought should not have been one, or should have had a non-moderator account to post non-mod things), it definitely had some good discussion and the incorrectly-named Rumour Mill was great for finding out about new information I might have otherwise missed. I hope the new site continues to be as good as MTGS, and if I only have to sign up for it (and not some Twitch/Curse overlord), I might even come back.

Well we definitely won't have Twitch/Curse overlords, and if there's any feedback you have on our moderation style, I'm all ears, privately or publicly.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-13 12:07 am 

If you haven't seen or heard about the latest announcement, the was an 11th hour purchase of MTGS by one of the developers at Curse (I don't know their actual current role, but they were part of the transition team during the initial acquisition.

To clear up any potential confusion, the site is no longer shutting down. However, the majority of the staff remains committed to this new endeavor of MTGNexus and will be parting ways to focus on the new site.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-13 7:35 am 

cryogen wrote:
However, the majority of the staff remains committed to this new endeavor of MTGNexus and will be parting ways to focus on the new site.

Got a link?

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-13 9:39 am 

trappedslider wrote:
cryogen wrote:
However, the majority of the staff remains committed to this new endeavor of MTGNexus and will be parting ways to focus on the new site.

Got a link?

Not a public one. I mean, you can go to www.mtgnexus.com but you won't find much there.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-14 9:15 am 

cryogen wrote:
trappedslider wrote:
cryogen wrote:

Got a link?

Not a public one. I mean, you can go to http://www.mtgnexus.com but you won't find much there.

Thank you now I have it book marked

That's not how magic works. You can't equate cards and situations linearly like that!

Offline Profile