Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-12 11:45 am

Post subject: Re: And the next set is..... Eldraine!
AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 11:45 am 

OldManJenkins wrote:
Don’t worry I think they look cool too. Kirkus is just trying to sound smarter than everyone else here and failing miserably. (Kind of a running theme among the Old Fogeys on this forum)

You have been here about 10 minutes, so this may be news to you : You don't have to take shots at veteran posters every time you post something. You can just make a post about the subject.

I think the new booster packs are fine , I don;t bling out many of my decks, but alt art can be cool. Its not hoisted on people, and 3 levels of boosters makes sense with the diverse player-base.

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-23 1:18 am 

MRHblue wrote:
OldManJenkins wrote:
Don’t worry I think they look cool too. Kirkus is just trying to sound smarter than everyone else here and failing miserably. (Kind of a running theme among the Old Fogeys on this forum)

You have been here about 10 minutes, so this may be news to you : You don't have to take shots at veteran posters every time you post something. You can just make a post about the subject.

I think the new booster packs are fine , I don;t bling out many of my decks, but alt art can be cool. Its not hoisted on people, and 3 levels of boosters makes sense with the diverse player-base.

I feel like you and I have a sibling-esque relationship. We disagree and needle each other (more me needling you than vice versa) but when trolls show up, we stick together. Sort of a "hey asshole, only I'm allowed to make fun of my brother!" situation. Thanks for that.

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-23 3:00 am 

This is a little off topic, but for those that complain about foils, I have a couple questions.

I value my Magic time so that I maximize playing. I just buy my cards from reputable retailers so my foils are always in NM condition, and I don't see a printing problem or have issues with them staying flat. I also store cards vertically so gravity perhaps helps.

That said, a buddy of mine was gifted Commander precons, and the black ink on the foils is barely there. I believe the reports that there are printing issues. I didn't think of it at the time and the cards are now out of print, but here is question 1. Can you contact WOTC for replacements or are you just stuck with not NM product right out of the pack/box? I know Upper Deck replaced those Ken Griffey Jr. rookies so almost all in circulation are in top shape from the printer.

Follow up: Since I don't buy sealed product, but WOTC wants to make it more exciting to open it, what is the risk of getting bad product if the answer to question 1 is no? I know it will be based on anecdotal information, but what do the MTG finance people seem to think?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-23 3:21 am 

I have heard in the past that printing quality varies based on where the cards were printed, as Wizards doesn't use a singular company/factory for all of their printing. There also seems to more errors with supplemental product like the commander decks and the old FTV boxes. As for errors/inconsistencies with foils, compare some of your new foils and your Alara foils to the old star burst foils from sets like 7th edition. There has definitely been a decline in overall quality over the years as the foiling process has changed.

It could be entirely in my head, but it does feel like they have changed up the quality of the cardstock being used in the last couple of sets as well.

Check out this link for some good images that illustrate what I mean. http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/showthread.php?33081-What-happened-to-foils

Gath Immortal wrote:
Twenty Kavus and a Dream is not a legacy deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-23 6:24 am 

Thanks for the info!

Offline Profile