Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-14 7:43 pm

Post subject: History of Elder Dragon Highlander
AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 3:05 pm 

I was watching the start of this video on youtube and I thought it would be worth sharing with the community here. The guest presenter is Shivan Bhatt, who is a member of the CAG, and he discussed where EDH came from. Whilst I knew most of these things I had forgotten a few and it was nice the be reminded about some of the history and details about the RC and CAG.

He starts his discussion at around 14:25 (after the crack-a-pack that LRR are known for) and it runs for a few minutes. I haven't watched much past there because I had to go to work, so I don't advocate for the rest of the video (just in case he says something seriously controversial) but I liked the short history lesson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXtYnWmQdHs

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: History of Elder Dragon Highlander
AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 3:21 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 3:46 pm 

Not cool. At all. Please edit that post.

(Relevant: my thread here)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 4:03 pm 

@Viperion
…………………. /´¯/)
………………..,/¯../
………………. /…./
…………./´¯/’…’/´¯¯`·¸
………./’/…/…./……./¨¯\
……..(‘(…´…´…. ¯~/’…’)
………\……………..’…../
……….\………. ....._.·´
…………\…………..(
…………..\………….\

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 4:06 pm 

I've tried to be reasonable here and I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt. No more. Congrats, I guess?

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 4:14 pm 

Quote:
Viperion wrote:
I've tried to be reasonable here and I've been giving you the benefit of the doubt. No more. Congrats, I guess?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 4:17 pm 

specter404 wrote:
I was watching the start of this video on youtube and I thought it would be worth sharing with the community here. The guest presenter is Shivan Bhatt, who is a member of the CAG, and he discussed where EDH came from. Whilst I knew most of these things I had forgotten a few and it was nice the be reminded about some of the history and details about the RC and CAG.

He starts his discussion at around 14:25 (after the crack-a-pack that LRR are known for) and it runs for a few minutes. I haven't watched much past there because I had to go to work, so I don't advocate for the rest of the video (just in case he says something seriously controversial) but I liked the short history lesson.

Just after the history lesson he says a lot of really good things that a lot of people on the internet should really listen to (but probably won't)

Honestly I was really impressed with the guy.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 4:23 pm 

Viperion wrote:
specter404 wrote:

Just after the history lesson he says a lot of really good things that a lot of people on the internet should really listen to (but probably won't)

Honestly I was really impressed with the guy.

Nearly ten years on this forum and you haven't said one intelligent thing. Fascinating.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 11:07 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

Shivam isn't quite right about some of the details, but he has the gist of it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 11:15 pm 

Sheldon wrote:

Maybe you’re just both to old and senile to remember all of the details.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 11:19 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

OldManJenkins wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

You're past the warning stage already. I invite you to leave the site.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 11:26 pm 

Sheldon wrote:
OldManJenkins wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

There is a function in the PHPBB admin control panel that can delete the user and all his posts, can we test it on OldManJenkins at least to see if it still works?

Yennett, Cryptic Sovereign The current updated decklist is here
K'rrik, son of yawgmoth The current updated decklist is here

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-22 11:54 pm 

alexev wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

There is a function in the PHPBB admin control panel that can delete the user and all his posts, can we test it on OldManJenkins at least to see if it still works?

I just set him to Ignore, which is a little sad I try to avoid echo chambers but all he is doing is trying to cause as much strife as possible before he gets kicked to the curb.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-23 12:37 am 

I second activating the super-duper death ray on deleting all this troll's content—or at least all their content from the past two days. Nobody deserves to have the directed harassment toward them lingering anywhere on this site and it's got no place in a community like this.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jul-23 12:55 am 

Not a fan of deleting posts in general, but the next best thing has been done. The posts are still there if anyone wants to see them (or Ugin forbid they become necessary for legal reasons or something of that sort), but they're in a spoiler so nobody has to. The one thing that was deleted was the topic he started.

Offline Profile