Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-18 4:42 am

Post subject: Commander Survey 2019
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-23 12:47 pm 

If you play Commander and want to tell Wizards about the latest products and/or ask for some cards to be reprinted, they're running a survery right now. Go and have your voice heard!

https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5201167/f5605a0f0bbf

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Commander Survey 2019
AgePosted: 2019-Sep-23 10:53 pm 

That is quite a long survey.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-23 11:11 pm 

It also has flaws. There is a 'please specify' option where you can't specify. There are places where I'd have liked to have specified.

In case it gets read here, I liked the block structure and it was the most important part of how I built decks. That wasn't an option nor could I voice it otherwise in the survey.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 3:34 am 

Dee123 wrote:
It also has flaws.

Quote:
Did you acquire any of these life counters specifically for Commander?

Pen and paper

Quote:
Yes/no

Seems legit.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 4:39 am 

I am not sure I know what you mean Shabbaman. There was a box that I clicked on for an option for something like 'other (please specify)'. There was no way for me to enter anything. I also would have liked that option to specify for deck building motivations. I tend to build around a time period and/or a place. Those options weren't available.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 9:03 am 

I was disappointed there was no section for general feedback/comments (in addition to the other "oddities" already mentioned. Not to mention it pretends that MTGO no longer exists.

Otherwise, it was an interesting survey. I wonder how they are tracking and if you can submit more than once. If I had realized there was no general comments section, I would have used the "cool play" section for general comments.

HK

Hazezon Tamar - Manland theme
Seshiro the Anointed - Snake Tribal
Jedit Ojanen of Efrava - Cat and Warrior Dual Tribal
Doran, the Seige Tower - Wall Tribal
Progenitus - Hydra themed Proliferate Deck
Karona, the False God - Backstabbing Hug

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 1:40 pm 
EDH Rules Committee

"When did you start playing Commander?" is always an awkward survey question for me.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 2:02 pm 

Sheldon wrote:
"When did you start playing Commander?" is always an awkward survey question for me.

:lol:

I didn't see an option for "I invented the damn thing" either... bit of an oversight there

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 8:50 pm 

I am kind of worried about his question:

How interested would you be in a Commander deck if some portion of the cards were randomized instead of fixed (like a booster product, but for a section of each preconstructed deck)?

Yennett, Cryptic Sovereign The current updated decklist is here
K'rrik, son of yawgmoth The current updated decklist is here

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 9:15 pm 

Sheldon wrote:

"2011. Before that I played EDH."

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 9:22 pm 

alexev wrote:

How interested would you be in a Commander deck if some portion of the cards were randomized instead of fixed (like a booster product, but for a section of each preconstructed deck)?

It's something MaRo has hinted about before (or more accurately, it's something people on his Tumblr have asked for) - just answer it with whatever you think appropriate (I said I didn't want it)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-24 11:17 pm 

alexev wrote:

i too was concerned by this and voted against. hopefuly enough people do. i dont need ANOTHER randomized product

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-25 1:10 am 

I'd like something like a Commander cube draft product or a Commander Deckbuilder Toolkit, but for a precon it should be a set list. We aren't playing Keyforge here.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-25 2:08 am 

I am not a fan of buying 2-3 of the exact same $45 deck in the hopes that I get some True-Name Nemesis level card. I typically buy one of each EDH deck and some years I have even bought 2-3 copies but I need less and less of the reprints and the new cards I typically only want one copy of them (or none) so I buy singles instead. If they did this I would probably only buy singles.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Sep-25 3:31 am 

Dee123 wrote:
I am not sure I know what you mean Shabbaman. There was a box that I clicked on for an option for something like 'other (please specify)'. There was no way for me to enter anything. I also would have liked that option to specify for deck building motivations. I tend to build around a time period and/or a place. Those options weren't available.

Nah, I was just triggered by the fully automated question if I had bought pen and paper specifically for commander.

Offline Profile