Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-15 11:22 am

Post subject: Ponies (SPOILER ALERT)
AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 2:45 am 

For real: https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/03 ... or-charity

No silver border either. OK, maybe a little. Nothing a sharpie can't fix.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ponies (SPOILER ALERT)
AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 3:40 am 

Inb4 RULES COMMITTEE IS ASLEEP PLAY PONIES IN COMMANDER

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 3:53 am 

Now we know why Sheldon needed to go to Seattle.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 5:48 am 

cryogen wrote:
Inb4 RULES COMMITTEE IS ASLEEP PLAY PONIES IN COMMANDER

I don’t believe “anypony” is adequately defined by the CR.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 8:09 am 

Repeats continuously

This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok.

"Everypony"

"They are now your friend"

THAT'S NOT HOW LIFE WORKS

This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok. This is not for me and that's ok.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 3:36 pm 

I'm sad the cards for everybody winning dont actually exist. Id totally make a super cutthroat yes we we all win together deck.

Karador, Ghost Chieftain: Rebel Elf Ball
Patron of the Kitsune: Foxes are a strong tribal, right?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 9:00 pm 

brainface wrote:
I'm sad the cards for everybody winning dont actually exist. Id totally make a super cutthroat yes we we all win together deck.

We'll all win together or die trying.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 11:02 pm 

spacemonaut wrote:
brainface wrote:

We'll all win together or die trying.

_____ says hi, throw in an experiment kraj, and a quicksilver elementa. that will get you there i think

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-03 11:10 pm 

Viperion wrote:
Repeats continuously

"Everypony"

"They are now your friend"

THAT'S NOT HOW LIFE WORKS

im not a my little ponies fan, but i kinds have to scoop these for my UN-Cube. every silver bordered card ever plus some other funnny stuff from black border

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-04 3:54 am 

https://www.google.com/search?q=my+little+pony+mtg+power+9

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-04 4:38 am 

In all seriousness, the Rarity card looks like a really fun commander. Rare/Mythic Tribal seems like a pretty cool theme, if only because it forces you away from a lot of staple removal/utility. There's also the fact that the protection mechanic requires you to have other creatures to do anything useful, which will lead to more aggro and creature-based UW decks, which are always nice. And all you need for the protection ability is to find a Dash EG figure that's wearing both white and black (or, if you want to go for style points, get a Rarity figure that has an outfit in Jund colors).

Also, a few predictions:

Fluttershy is Selesnya (not green-white, Selesnya), may have something to do with IRL pets
Applejack is Mono-green (or maybe GR), no idea what the abilities would be
Rainbow Dash is either Mono-red or red-white. There's no way they're actually doing this, but making her a general for the "clash" mechanic is the first thought that pops into my head.
Pinkie Pie I have no idea what colors... maybe red-blue or 5-color? Her ability might have something to do with IRL food.
Spike is probably mono-red or red-white as well, and I'd imagine his ability does something to make ponies, alicorns, unicorns, pegasi, etc more powerful
Celestia is obviously mono-white

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-04 4:58 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
In all seriousness, the Rarity card looks like a really fun commander. Rare/Mythic Tribal seems like a pretty cool theme, if only because it forces you away from a lot of staple removal/utility. There's also the fact that the protection mechanic requires you to have other creatures to do anything useful, which will lead to more aggro and creature-based UW decks, which are always nice. And all you need for the protection ability is to find a Dash EG figure that's wearing both white and black (or, if you want to go for style points, get a Rarity figure that has an outfit in Jund colors).

Also, a few predictions:

Fluttershy is Selesnya (not green-white, Selesnya), may have something to do with IRL pets
Applejack is Mono-green (or maybe GR), no idea what the abilities would be
Rainbow Dash is either Mono-red or red-white. There's no way they're actually doing this, but making her a general for the "clash" mechanic is the first thought that pops into my head.
Pinkie Pie I have no idea what colors... maybe red-blue or 5-color? Her ability might have something to do with IRL food.
Spike is probably mono-red or red-white as well, and I'd imagine his ability does something to make ponies, alicorns, unicorns, pegasi, etc more powerful
Celestia is obviously mono-white

I would have thought Pinkie pie is mono red, but you could make an argument for Izzet or even RUG because she just operates by instinct a lot of the time. Spike I would argue is mono white or WG.

Offline Profile