[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Generals you absolutely despise

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 4:58 am

Post subject: Re: Generals you absolutely despise
AgePosted: 2014-Oct-13 8:08 pm 

I play karador spirit (+arcane) tribal, mostly Kamigawa stuff ( is full of win), so I don't really seem to fit in the karador-is-overpowered league of players.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 12:54 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2014-Oct-14 5:14 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jul-13 3:08 pm 

Prossh, because my decks are generally made for the longer game, and he can go infinite by the time I'm done warming up and can do stuff. Prossh decks that don't run Food Chain are fun though.

Mayael, because the one guy in our group who plays it runs nothing but degenerate cards and expensive ramp and original duals. Turn 4 Avacyn. Turn 5 Ulamog. Turn 6 Prophet. Turn 7 Kozilek, Iona, Vorinclex (popped during other player's turns) and out comes Craterhoof. T&N for Archetype of Endurance and Siege Behemoth. Turn 8 cast Genesis Wave for 15 off Vorinclex's ability. GG.

Rafiq, because he's about the fastest killer in the game in a Voltron deck IMO. Swinging 8 commander on turn 3 sucks. I can beat this with my mono-blue deck if I start with a counterspell for his first cast, but the rest of my decks all chump to him. If he hits the board it's basically game unless you dumb-luck draw good removal. And then when he gets recast you're about guaranteed he'll have boots/inquisitor's flail/whispersilk/Flameshrieker/Jitte waiting for him.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-09 12:53 pm 

KAAAAAAALIAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

But yeah I despise her as a commander, Every freaking Deck with her as a commander is designed to get her out turn 2 and it earns the scorn of not only myself but others as well. I wish to do unspeakable things to her, namely (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) and express my (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) on her (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) with my (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) then lash her (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))) with my (!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE'))). I really bleeding hate her....

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-11 12:33 pm 

You want to express your visions of brutality on her temple of mystery? Is this a genitals joke?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-11 1:15 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-Mar-20 3:29 am 

For a long time, I rocked a hug variant of that got people frequently salty. I just kindof liked getting to police without giving any one player a huge advantage, and getting to blow down the person who threatens to win the game first.

I see red whenever a player shows Nekusar, because it really perverts the idea of hugging/resource flooding. Instead of policing and establishing fair-ish win conditions, Nekusar tends to revolve around simultaneous combo kils and saying a whole lot of no.

I also find to be an absolutely tasteless general. Maybe I've just had bad experiences, but Oloro decks tend to try to be a sick combination of goodstuff and "let's not play the game." Also, I have yet to see someone playing Oloro, play Rhystic Study without being an absolute turd about it (using the card ineffectively in the process.) So beating on an Oloro deck like it owes me money tends to give me inordinate EDH joy (though I'm less likely to try to SMorc an Oloro player for no reason than a Nekusar pilot.)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-15 1:13 pm 

Any commander that requires shuffling every turn

Offline Profile