Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-May-24 5:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: [1:N, Glissa] Mistress Glissa…
AgePosted: 2016-Nov-08 1:56 am 

:)

In the mean while an artifact block has been released. You'd say that'd lead to something interesting to do with Glissa, but I'm yet to find out what that'd be. Aetherworks Marvel could be an impactful card, and Panharmonicon is worth it if you run a decent set of citp-triggers. Which I don't. Demon of Dark Schemes is interesting and on its own likely good enough to support Aetherworks Marvel. I don't want to kill my own Eldrazi tokens though.

The card I'm contemplating to include is Rise of the Dark Realms, but I don't own one. It's a second Living Dead. Well, sorta.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-25 9:20 pm 

Way too late, but a bit bored at work and considering working on my build as well (though will likely build a Grothama deck first), so finally I've had a look at your list. Sorry it took so long.

Pact

Seems like the Pact like cards won't make you popular at a table, no Butcher of Malakir?

Targetted removal

Is Attrition needed? Feels a little like overkill and has some chance of not being able to take out what bothers you.

Sweepers

Perhaps a sweeper could be found that could replace Attrition?

Rulebreakers

No comment, I feel they all make sense.

Recursion

Good call on Meren, could be a nice Glissa backup. Not sure I am as fond of the Deathmantle. Deathrender has similar applications and could be pretty good with Glissa actively returning some loopable artifact creature. I'm not sure there is one, but wanted to mention it.

Yard work

Clique seems very different, but a fun card to play. No Bojuka Bog?

Dancing gnomes

Altar of Dementia, will you mill yourself? Spawning Pit, do you gain enough from it? Mazirek seems nice, but also perhaps a bit overkill. Could work with all the Pacts.

We are indestructible

They definitely are.

Library

Isn't there a nice artifact based way to replace the Elder(s)?

Card draw

Nice, I'd hope for a few more artifact creatures to get back with Glissa?

Random artifacts

Walker seems a bit slow? Has he been worth the mana / time investment?

Mana source

The capitalization inconsistency hurts my eyes. No other comments here.

General

By my count you only play 11 artifact creatures. Considering your goals I think I would really like to play just a few more so that Glissa creature recursion becomes better, especially if they can be sacrificed in some beneficial way. Your Pacts should also appreciate that.

I don't really like the Rise, you pay 9 mana and then someone casts mass removal. The Marvel could work in the right Glissa deck, I am thinking you may want a few more artifacts you can sac beneficially? The Demon would certainly help.

I dance all night and I sleep all day

3 Steps Ahead - I'm A Gabber

Automatically add card tags to the card names in any text:
http://manabase.com/autocard.php

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Mar-26 7:49 am 

I reworked the deck because I ditched the pacts. Games play out differently now, because the pacts slow the game down a lot. It becomes quite apparent once you're missing them. Now I'm lacking some punch in the removal department, and I'm not happy with that currently. So yes, I have a new list, but no, I'm never satisfied with it. For instance just yesterday I came across the following article: https://articles.edhrec.com/underdogs-c ... p-sekkuar/

Pure brilliance.

I'll see if I can post a list of how the deck looks now, but first I have to find a slot for Whisperwood Elemental.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14