[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - Ink-Treader Shenanigans: The Deck

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 5:34 am

Post subject: Ink-Treader Shenanigans: The Deck
AgePosted: 2013-Mar-03 11:12 am 

My deck from that thread, for easy referencing.

General:

Creatures: 19

Things that don't target creatures: 11

Spells that target creatures: 29
Removal:

Shenanigans:

Combat:

Lands: 40

Mountain, 5
Forest, 3
Plains, 3
Island, 5

A quick note on my lands: From the start, and through all the changes in land, I made sure to have equal amounts of each color for easier ink-treader casting. The current count is 23 sources of each color.

Last edited by Rollcage on 2013-Mar-03 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Ink-Treader Shenanigans: The Deck
AgePosted: 2013-Mar-03 11:49 am 

This looks hilaroius!

Do you get any hate for playing it?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-03 12:03 pm 

I think people have mixed feeling about it, depending on the deck they're playing. Plus I don't play it against decks that I can effortlessly stomp (token decks like R/G wort or krenko), so as to generate less hate. If I were to generate some hate, it might be over some one-sided stuff. Stuff like letting a kill all of my opponents' creatures (including a bunch of tokens from ) before killing my own with a .

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-03 2:40 pm 

Thanks for posting after my message dude! I'll be trying this one out ASAP and throwing some of my own ideas into the deck!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-03 4:26 pm 

Looks fun and not trying to be rude but generals are supposed to be a legendary creature. Unless your play group is fine with it. I have been wanting make a variation using planeswalkers as generals

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-03 4:29 pm 

Just saw you link to the other thread. Lol. Ignore that part of my comment.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-04 4:10 am 

Here's my current version:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-04 10:37 am 

I like that stolen identity, intreped. Adding it as well. And I believe I have a spare Bloom Tender left, works great, has done wonders in my Child of Alara deck. :idea:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-05 7:02 am 

First match (quick one, in the magic shop where I got the final cards for the deck) was terrible, but that was because I was playing vs a niv-mizzet dracogenius deck, first time ink-treader was countered, second one was dead before my next turn, third time around a boardwipe, and a 10-mana commander isn't that useful anymore, so slowly lost life and went down.

Second game, amazing. Same decks, only this time I got a Mother of Runes and a Phyrexian Metamorph, ergo, 2 mothers=annoying. Then proceeded to play my ink-treader and nivmagus elemental. Started handing out a lot of cards with splicing 1 token on 2 wisp spells, so after a while I had about 14 creatures mucking about, good protection spells to prevent them all from dying vs chain reaction. Made him sac all his creatures and put X 1/1 tokens into play for every power they had, he had about 8/9. Third wisp spell made me draw snap+traitorous instinct, used snap to get a bit of mana, then had enough for a rite of replication+kicker. killed it. Constantly in control, opponent having to make hard decisions on whether to overload his damage spells (nivmagus really does make sure that your creatures always survive with all those copies), and drawing my ass off.

Can't wait for the next FNM

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-06 1:20 pm 

@intreped: Tell me, how well do gelectrode, messenger falcons, and verdant eidolon work out for you? Gelectrode never untapped as much as I wanted it to, and I'm curious about the others.

@stevensirovai: 2 mothers and a nivmagus elemental seem like the best start ink-treader can have.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-06 2:19 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-07 10:27 am 

I also played this general, but it was owerpowered, so my playgroup banned it. It was funny, but only for me....and most of the game was: I draw lots of cards, then / etc. and I won.
You can improve the deck with cards like
, , , , (verry funny card, but your opponents will hate you), and my favorite :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Mar-24 3:43 pm 

I finally got a game in after several months. I won, and hard enough that I couldn't play it again, but the game up until that point was uneventful. Land, go. Land, go.

I'm thinking I can take out some stuff. , , , and only get back what I've used, so they don't add anything by themselves. is anti-action. doesn't suit the deck, and only made it in because I'm a clone whore. and lose a lot of value when I take out the others. The games I've won were not won with the help of these cards.

I want some action cards (I really like that term now) to get some work done if I can't keep ink-treader, or if I can't make use of ink-treader. And . stevensirovai sold it's usefulness pretty well, I think. That's 7 slots for action, even if that action doesn't help the deck along. I'll put in a , but I'm at a loss for what to put in the other slots. They may be filled by uninspired goodstuff, but an ink-treader deck is plenty inspired enough.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-20 9:39 am 

I haven't been playing mine recently just because of the mentioned hate it draws from being able to outright stomp some decks. Looking at this list and the original thread makes me want to revise my list when Dragon Maze is released and pick it up again.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2013-Apr-21 6:18 pm 

Last time I played it, I asked how the people felt about the deck. The general response was "No, it's fine. We all do worse, anyway". They really do, so I've decided to stop caring about that.

Anywho, I am so excited for and . Maybe ? Mostly for beck, since the creatures don't have to be mine. , too, if it didn't say land.

Offline Profile