[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander • View topic - EnchantRitheth - Rith the Awakener Enchantress

Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2020-Jan-18 5:01 am

Post subject: EnchantRitheth - Rith the Awakener Enchantress
AgePosted: 2015-May-13 1:01 pm 

Edits: wow, this originally referenced the tuck rule.

This list already dated again (it doesn't include updates from return to Dominaria, and I'm pretty sure I've switched cards around since then). The core concept is still solid though; use Rith to make tokens and beat face. It's a different take on most enchantress builds I've seen -- the main idea isn't to play aura Voltron like Uril, and it's not a defensive pillowfort deck either. Instead, the core engine of the deck is the red Theros gods, who are really get at murdering players. And unlike other aggressive midrange decks, the combination of high land count (with lots of fun utility lands) and heavy card draw means it rarely runs out of gas.

Creature (22)

Enchantment (24)
1 Flip

Sorcery (6)

Instant (5)

Artifact (3)

Lands (39)

old list

Last edited by Kemev on 2019-May-30 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rith the Awakener Enchantress (EnchantRitheth?)
AgePosted: 2015-May-13 10:09 pm 

Maybe add a for repeatable recursion?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-May-14 6:20 am 

I love it. I have a Rith deck (here). Or rather, had, because I changed to Marath. is a thing though, and I'll give you kudos for the sheer amount of enchantments you've worked into the list. My current list looks nothing like what you are running, but you do have Sun Titan and Replenish, and besides my "is it a dragon" criterium I made the deck based on "is it CMC<=3" and "is enchantment". One of the packages I didn't have room for is an aura package centered on and , and besides aura's it'd include stuff like and bestow creatures. Your main creatures are gods though, so that seems a bit pointless. I figured out that bestow/eidolons and totem armor is, well, dumb.

It did lead me to and . I think manifest would be pretty good in your deck, as most cards are either a creature (so you can unmorph it) or enchantment (so you can Replenish it), so there's little fear you'd be throwing away cards you need. The thing is: manifest isn't so great with Rith, as you want colored permanents.

One card you should consider is . It's not an enchantment, but it lets you replay your enchantments for maximum profit. It's very nice if you have some token makers or creatures with flash, because then you can save your dudes from removal.

On to some random suggestions:
is awesome
best draw for the deck
ramp
I'm beginning to think you're ditching staples on purpose
OK, I got the message
it's expensive, so maybe the other archetypes are more your thing. I run this one, as it makes my stuff more resilient. One of the side benefits of:
I'd run this over Idyllic Tutor
I'm only mentioning it because I know someone else will. Also, it's an enchantment.
I love the card, but if you don't you can always run:
(http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/9276_A_Total_Defense_Of_The_Heart.html is one of my favorite M:TG articles of all time) Also, it's an enchantment.
because why not? It's not a staple, that's for sure

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-May-15 2:44 am 

. Having a free sac outlet for enchantments that might otherwise get exiled is handy, plus he can become very very large with Rancor (sac rancor to give him +2/+2, recast rancor, sac it again...)

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-May-15 3:52 am 

is a must in any enchantment-based deck that I build. Exile protection and some excellent lifegain in a pinch.

Also, great combo material with and... well from just your list, .

is equally amazing in any deck that has potential to crap out tokens.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-May-15 5:50 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-May-15 9:36 am 

I was thinking might be a good card to consider, but I'm not sure where you'd put it. might be a good choice though.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-May-16 5:41 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-03 4:32 pm 

I need to fit an into this list; what can I cut?

Also, this deck may want to be Abzan instead of Naya... hmmm...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-04 4:54 am 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-04 10:58 pm 

I would cut for . Both draw you a card off of the enchantress(es), but the ordeal seems to have minimal advantage compared to tremors.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-05 5:50 pm 

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2015-Jun-05 7:26 pm 

I liked Ordeal in Marath, but it makes sense with Marath. So, perception... Without counters to toy with, it's weak.

Iroas, Xenagos and Purphoros is a strong combination. I'm afraid to run it (and too cheap to buy them, says the guy with multiple playsets of duals). But it's battlecruiser magic for sure.

Karador... lacks the cool factor of Rith. Mechanically the card is interesting though, and very strong.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: EnchantRitheth - Rith the Awakener Enchantress
AgePosted: 2015-Nov-22 3:08 pm 

Continued to tinker with this deck over the last few months... it's become a favorite...

I added more staple-y cards like Sylvan Library, Aura Shards, and Mirri's Guile, and trimmed some of the haste-granting enchantments (which were mostly only good with Rith, and they're sort of a non-bo with her tokens).

It needs a few more cards that I haven't put a hand on yet, like Exploration, Life from the Loam, Thawing Glaciers, and Windbrisk Heights. I keep going back and forth on Forgeborn Oreads... haven't gotten to combo together a giant Replenish yet.

And now that is a card, I might have to add some of the enchantment sacrificers.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: EnchantRitheth - Rith the Awakener Enchantress
AgePosted: 2015-Nov-24 12:35 am 

is the best :)

Offline Profile