Farseek
Serum Visions
Expropriate
Treasure Cruise
Supreme Verdict
Merciless Eviction

Enchantments (1):
Phyrexian Arena

Hey there mtgcommander community, here is my Deck Profile.

Note: I'm playing casually, though there are also people who play legacy and thus having commanders with a legacy card pool.
There is no specific budget I'm gonna spend on the deck, if I feel it's enough, it's enough.
And well, we all know, it's never enough :oops: // Tending to buy the old duals right now.

To be honest, there is no specific strategy behind this deck. I played a G/B Commander before, and just thought "Man, 5 Color...i can basically ANYTHING!", so I guess that was the plan.

I personally got some issues at the moment, and I hope you might help me out with them.

First, the mana fix. I recently bought the Fetchies and Shocks for the mana fix. Cards like Chromatic lantern also helps a ton, but sometimes I just can't get it right.
Is there anything I can add to this to make it a bit easier?

Second, I feel like I'm lacking some sort of Win Condition. Besides Saheeli Cat there is not much that can take out an opponent within one or two turns. I'm aware, that there are a ton of combos I can just wiff in there, but at the same time, since I play casually, I just want to have fun. I feel like playing some sort of Kiki-Jiki combos will just earn me a ton of hate and people I play with might stop playing with me, at least some of them.

I'm open for basically anything. Please keep in mind, that I'm not a native english speaking person and might not understand everything on the first try, so please don't mind me asking stupid questions.
Also, I'm not the best MTG player around, so I might also need more information about specific combos, specifically the execution.

Thanks in advance,
Splashy

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Progenitus - 5 Color Good Stuff
AgePosted: 2017-Jul-14 1:28 am 

Hey there.

So I've been looking at that deck and I was thinking that there are some things that can definitely come out to be replaced with some better things:

Blood Artist can come out, maybe replace it with Greenwarden of Murasa for some more graveyard recursion. Since you've got all of the fetches, maybe think about running Ramunap Excavator (or if you've got too much money, Crucible of Worlds).

I don't know if you have enough ramp/Mana-fixing in this deck. So you can try Joiner Adept, Prismatic Omen, Cascading Cataracts, Bloom Tender. Shard Convergence sorts your land drops out, and Farseek can get your shock lands directly into play...same for Spoils of Victory.

While I think Liliana of the Dark Realms is great, but I think Liliana Vess might serve you better.

Bear in mind that Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is going to draw a lot of hate at you. I wonder if Mirari's Wake wouldn't serve you better (unless you want to tax them a bit).

Some more graveyard recursion could go well in the deck: Praetor's Counsel and Seasons Past are fantastic cards for that.

Since you're running 5-colour good stuff, consider these cards: Maelstrom Archangel, Maelstrom Nexus, Fist of Suns, Bringer of the Black Dawn, Prismatic Geoscope, Conflux, Selvala's Stampede.

I think Natural Order will be a dead draw too often since you've only got 6 green creatures in your deck. Maybe Wargate could help there.

For more card-draw, I think you could look at Consecrated Sphinx, Nissa, Vital Force, Blue Sun's Zenith, Notion Thief, or Thought Reflection.

A good win-con is pretty easy...tutor for Sorin Markov to cast the turn after you cast your commander and put someone on 10 life, then hit them with your commander for lethal.

Offline Profile