1 Word of Blasting

//It's MADNESS
1 Fiery Temper
1 Violent Eruption

//Burninating the Peasants (One Target)
1 Banefire
1 Demonfire
1 Volcanic Offering

//Burninating All the Peoples (Multi Targets)
1 Blasphemous Act
1 Chandra's Ignition
1 Magmaquake
1 Molten Disaster
1 Red Sun's Zenith
1 Repercussion
1 Star of Extinction
1 Sulfuric Vortex

//Friends named Chandra
1 Chandra Ablaze
1 Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
1 Chandra, Flamecaller
1 Chandra Nalaar
1 Chandra, the Firebrand

//Friends not named Chandra
1 Anarchist
1 Bogardan Hellkite
1 Combustible Gearhulk
1 Hostility
1 Inferno Titan
1 Molten Primordial
1 Obsidian Fireheart
1 Squee, Goblin Nabob

//Toys
1 Basilisk Collar
1 Darksteel Plate
1 Magebane Armor
1 Sword of Kaldra

//Twice the Fun!
1 Angrath's Marauders
1 Caged Sun
1 Dualcaster Mage
1 Furnace of Rath
1 Increasing Vengeance
1 Pyromancer's Goggles
1 Reiterate
1 Reverberate

//Other
1 From the Ashes
1 Mana Geyser
1 Mind Stone
1 Reforge the Soul
1 Ruby Medallion
1 Sol Ring
1 Word of Seizing

//Mana
1 Arcane Lighthouse
1 Forgotten Cave
1 Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
33 Mountain

Notes/Comments
Every single Jaya Ballard piece of flavour text that can go in a mono-R deck is here, no exceptions.... well it would be except I have only just learned tonight that the Eternal Masters Carbonize and Fire Elemental and Karplusan Hound from Dominaria have JB flavour text as well, so I'm gonna have to go find them... Plus of course the Jaya planeswalker that I haven't got my hands on yet. It's a burn deck, and to be honest it's pretty bad. But it can do some busted stuff sometimes too :)

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Last edited by Viperion on 2018-Oct-30 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Viperion's 32 deck challenge: R - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
AgePosted: 2018-Sep-08 9:06 pm 

Latest Changes:

31/10/18
-1 Ankh of Mishra
+1 Pyromancer's Goggles

(9/9/18)

-1 Chaos Warp
-1 Conquering Manticore
-1 Daretti, Scrap Savant
-1 Exquisite Firecraft
-1 Feldon of the Third Path
-1 Ichor Wellspring
-1 Myr Battlesphere
-1 Reckless Wurm
-1 Solemn Simulacrum

+1 Angrath's Marauders
+1 Chandra's Ignition
+1 Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
+1 Chandra, Flamecaller
+1 Combustible Gearhulk
+1 From the Ashes
+1 Molten Primordial
+1 Red Sun's Zenith
+1 Star of Extinction

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Last edited by Viperion on 2018-Oct-30 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-08 9:08 pm 

Cards to add:

Carbonize (Eternal Masters version)
Fire Elemental (Dominaria version)
Karplusan Hound
Jaya Ballard
Jaya's Immolating Inferno
All the other Chandra's

Last edited by Viperion on 2019-Jul-19 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-11 1:11 pm 

TROGDOR!!!!!

....sorry.

The restriction of keeping all the Jaya cards in makes it really hard to find suggested slots for the other stuff. From the Ashes is another "I don't play with people that think that's OK" card for me. But obviously YMMV.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-11 1:40 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
TROGDOR!!!!!

....sorry.

Was it you that sent me the Trogdor Grixmas Hellkite? Because this is the deck it's in ;)

Quote:
The restriction of keeping all the Jaya cards in makes it really hard to find suggested slots for the other stuff.
Yeah, I know :) Stupid flavour getting in the way of good gameplay!

Quote:
From the Ashes is another "I don't play with people that think that's OK" card for me. But obviously YMMV.
It used to be Ruination, but I never wanted to cast it...

/evil cackle

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Sep-11 1:57 pm 

Went back and checked and yep it was Sid that sent me this amazing boi:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-17 10:32 am 

So, for literally no other reason than this is the only deck I purposefully put foils in (I hates them), and because I have a foil Repeating Barrage, I began wondering how to generate infinite (or "sufficiently large") amounts of red mana, since as long as I attacked, if I have infinite mana I can kill the table (sans instant speed graveyard hate).

This deck already has Mana Geyser + Reiterate, and I happen to have a Rings of Brighthearth which I can combo with Basalt Monolith for infinite colourless (which I can then turn red with Gemstone Array), and someone on a discord I'm on suggested Planebound Accomplice + Cloudstone Curio + two planeswalkers that make red mana.

Is there anything else in Mono-R than can generate large (like 100ish) amounts of red mana?

Notably I'm not looking for infi creatures (Kiki combos) or infi damage (Kiki/Crafter), just huge amounts of red mana to pump into a Repeating Barrage or Molten Disaster or Fireball or whatever :)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-17 1:18 pm 

Cast Twinflame paying for a second target and follow up with Dualcaster Mage, copying Twinflame, targeting Dualcaster Mage and the Priest of Urabrask or Stadium Vendors or a few others...although that's...infinite creatures too.... >_>

The only other answer I can think of is doing something with Mana Echoes, although that's probably just infinite creatures yet again.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-17 1:27 pm 

Damn that's pretty cool.... but yeah if I have infinite creatures with haste, I don't also need infinite mana...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 12:59 am 

Mycosynth Lattice + Grinning Ignus + Urza's Incubator(elementals).

Cloudstone Curio + Panharmonicon + Priest of Urabrask and any 2-drop creature.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 7:55 am 

Mana Echoes and Firecat Blitz (or any other quick infusion of token creatures). You play the echoes, then you make X tokens, getting X^2 colorless mana.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 8:17 am 

OOOOOOH it's been errated to Cat Elementals too..... I see a sub-sub-theme coming up

;)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 8:20 am 

You need to put Obsidian Fireheart back in the "Burninating the Coutryside" group. We fixed this before. Such is the danger of having multiple threads for the same deck.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 9:05 am 

You right, you right. This is my thread for this deck going forward, I added some cards last night so will be updating the list anyways, will make sure to fix that ;)

Offline Profile