10 Forest
10 Island
1 Urza's Mine
1 Urza's Tower
1 Urza's Power Plant
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Breeding Pool
1 Waterlogged Grove

Strategy is to pump tons of mana into Nissa, Steward of Elements to either Scry or untap extra lands by keeping threats in check with counterspells while having mana open with Prophet of Kruphix or Seedborn Muse on the battlefield. Nissa's Triumph ideally is to help tutor for the Urzatron to get 7 mana easily though I may need to run more cards that allow me to play additional lands to help with that.

I'd also like to run more bounce abilities to help recast Frilled Mystic, Mystic Snake, and Draining Whelk though I don't know what to take out for it. I might cut Keeper of Progenitus out for Tradewind Rider. Making room for Erratic Portal and Crystal Shard wouldn't be a bad idea either. Cloudstone Curio is probably going to be a pain for me to get a hold of due to it's price tag.

Any help, advice, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

"Stax is the hero we need but don't deserve. Too many people just play dumb stuff and often games devolve into "who does their dumb stuff first". People essentially just goldfishing. Great social format you got here Sheldon." - illakunsaa

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [Oathbreaker] Nissa, Steward of Elements + Nissa's Triumph
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-06 10:44 am 

I don't really get what's going on here.

Loosely speaking, I see a UG control deck with a ton of mana production, but I'm not really seeing where that mana takes the deck. I feel like it should have some a few big payoff cards, preferably stuff with activated abilities where you could leave mana up for a counterspell, but then have the option to dump it into a mana sink. Something like Leyline of Abundance would be ideal, or maybe some bomb ass hydras.

Something like Spell Burst would also be pretty savage here.

I also don't think this list is really taking advantage of Nissa's Triumph. I get that there's a ton of stuff where tapping for a Forest is relevant, but it seems like the deck could get alot of value out of more utility lands.

On top of that, it'd really benefit from effects that give additional land drops per turn. Some of these cards are kinda expensive (Azusa, Exploration), but Gaea's Touch and Rites of Flourishing are cheap and would probably be really effective here.

To free up room for these cards, I'd dump most of the artifacts and sorceries (they don't jive with Nissa anyway).

Also, is this the right Kiora? The one listed doesn't really do anything in this build.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [Oathbreaker] Nissa, Steward of Elements + Nissa's Triumph
AgePosted: 2019-Nov-12 3:23 pm 

I already plan on taking Kiora, Behemoth Beckoner out for Tamiyo, Collector of Tales preferably the Japanese Alternate Art version. Maybe instead of Hydra's I should run some X cost creatures / spells like Altered Ego, Biomass Mutation (which seems solid with Nissa's -6), Gadwick, the Wizened for board control, and maybe Wurmcalling for token spam. Gigantoplasm wouldn't be bad in here either.

Silklash Spider can help deal with fliers on board. Aside from Gaea's Touch and Rites of Flourishing, Ghirapur Orrery and Storm Cauldron are nice budget alternatives to Burgeoning and Exploration. Now that you mention Spell Burst, Mass Manipulation, Icy Blast, and Condescend seem fun. Also can't run a Simic X spell deck without Genesis Wave.

"Stax is the hero we need but don't deserve. Too many people just play dumb stuff and often games devolve into "who does their dumb stuff first". People essentially just goldfishing. Great social format you got here Sheldon." - illakunsaa

Offline Profile