Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2018-Oct-15 4:01 am

Post subject: Re: We need to talk about Godo and/or Helm of the Host
AgePosted: 2018-May-16 2:35 am 

My mono red deck is a lot like my mono blue when it comes to mana production.

It almost always makes a ton, but in a very fragile way.

Caged Sun, Gauntlet of Power/Might, Extraplanar Lens, and the best mana rocks mean I'm alway making loads of mana.

Do I expect Godo to be played with this combo? Yes. Do I expect it will take over and deserve a ban? No. Because its relatively boring and going to be completely obvious when its coming if Godo is in the command zone. If this is your plan to victory I would expect people to opt out of games with you after a point.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-16 3:03 am 

majikal wrote:
I didn't ask a question, though.

If you're going to be acting petulantly once the conversation has cycled back to people saying the same things again -- then I feel you should be alerted that you did actually ask a question. So, going around acting all holier-than-thou & snarky while being incorrect seems.... foolish.

Your question was a single word: "Thoughts?" -- but there's a distinct question mark at the end of it indicating that it was a question.

Also - if it seems that most everyone here seems to be against you on this... perhaps you should take a look at the situation more. Either you're wrong... or you can just sit back, watch it become a problem, and then can smugly state that you tried to warn people.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-16 5:10 am 

He at least deserves credit for 'poor little sausage'. I hadn't heard that expression before.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-16 5:36 am 

cryogen wrote:
He at least deserves credit for 'poor little sausage'. I hadn't heard that expression before.

:lol: Stop, my ribs casing can't take anymore

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-May-16 8:24 am 
EDH Rules Committee

OK, people need to calm down. And calling someone a poor little sausage is definitely out of line and needs to stop. Spoiler: doing stuff like that makes it much harder for us to take you seriously.

The Helm/Godo interaction is the kind of thing that theoretically could be an issue. We haven't had a Commander who is capable of tutoring out their companion combo card before. I think we'd likely ban a Commander with "Kicker 5: win the game" and, while this is not that, it's parallel enough to justify keeping an eye on.

However, theory here isn't enough. We'd want to see that this is happening in practice, and it isn't just getting stomped all over because it's a heavily-telegraphed commander with a lot of easy answers, or being widely eschewed as not all that good/interesting. So it's not a problem, but it has potential.

Offline Profile