Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-16 2:03 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: A General EDH Survey
AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 1:57 pm 

The spreadsheet would be great, provided it doesn’t include identifying details.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 2:00 pm 

Spectrar Ghost wrote:
The spreadsheet would be great, provided it doesn’t include identifying details.

I edited it in earlier to a previous comment, but I'll post it again:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 2:11 pm 

paragon_deku wrote:
You could have just asked me to post the spreadsheet at any time, dude.

Uhhh... what do you think this means then?
Carthain wrote:
Giving a link to the spreadsheet of results that it generated (as read-only of course) would be pretty awesome.

That was back on page 2 of this thread.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 2:19 pm 

Carthain wrote:
paragon_deku wrote:
You could have just asked me to post the spreadsheet at any time, dude.

Uhhh... what do you think this means then?
Carthain wrote:
Giving a link to the spreadsheet of results that it generated (as read-only of course) would be pretty awesome.

That was back on page 2 of this thread.

What are you even complaining about then dude?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 7:33 pm 

paragon_deku wrote:
Spectrar Ghost wrote:

Is this the version with all the raw responses just as they were received without editing? Or a version where some parts of some responses were deleted?

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-18 8:22 pm 

Definitely the raw responses - one of the fields has a racial slur in it.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 12:08 am 

Carthain wrote:
paragon_deku wrote:
MRHblue wrote:
I did find it interesting OP skipped over how highly the RC rated on the poll, while previous to it they had said many people were telling him how bad a job they had been doing.

A 6.5 average is mostly middling and leaning towards the positive. Not exactly anything to write home about.

How can you say the average is 6.5? Over 60% of the votes are 7 or higher. The most common response is an 8 with a full 1/4 of the votes. This is representative of when I looked at the data earlier today as well (so you can't say "oh, more people must have voted.")

And, unlike you randomly throwing numbers around, here's my proof:

Sounds more and more like you have an agenda, but then can't be bothered to say you're wrong when your own methods of trying to back yourself up show that you are wrong.

paragon_deku wrote:
All I was saying is that the gag response in the free response section did not instantly invalidate the numerical data given, because even people who gave troll responses had data that seemed genuine (listing disfavor in the banlist + wanting a lot of bans, for example).

To repeat what was previously said and you've ignored: how can you possibly know the bolded part?

By doing what you are doing, you are introducing bias to your results. That you aren't publishing the raw data makes it seem like you have something to hide (proper scientific journals publish results and make raw data available for others to analyze -- as they are just as interested as others to know if any mistakes were made.)

Unless you justify what you are doing, you are willingly letting us dismiss the whole survey you did because you are deliberately tampering with the data. As much as you say you're going to leave it alone -- you're showing your bias by not dismissing the whole dataset for any obvious troll results.

Wow. You need to take a math class. The average is 6.57.

Don't get too worked up about it though. The average is not usually the best way to measure data.

For example, on average, humans have less than 2 arms.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 3:46 am 

paragon_deku wrote:

Is this just the first 100 responses? I ask because I don't see my responses in the list.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 5:05 am 

MrMoustache wrote:
paragon_deku wrote:

Is this just the first 100 responses? I ask because I don't see my responses in the list.

Definitely more than that. There's 647 rows, one response per row. I see mine.

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 5:13 am 

Would it be possible for you to explain the 4 posted in less than a minute with almost identical numbered responses that all want "Trade Secrets" unbanned? That seems like a bot maybe?

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 5:35 am 

MRHblue wrote:
Would it be possible for you to explain the 4 posted in less than a minute with almost identical numbered responses that all want "Trade Secrets" unbanned? That seems like a bot maybe?

People mentioned sharing it with their playgroups directly in private servers and chatrooms, so I'm willing to give those the benefit of the doubt and assume it might just be a playgroup that all wants it unbanned. But I'll check again to see if the responses are completely identical. That might be fishy.

EDIT: Going back to look at it, 3 of them happen within seconds of each other. The other one seems a bit more organic. I won't toss it personally, but maybe take those with a grain of salt.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 6:12 am 

paragon_deku wrote:
EDIT: Going back to look at it, 3 of them happen within seconds of each other. The other one seems a bit more organic. I won't toss it personally, but maybe take those with a grain of salt.

If you haven't set it up to require a google account to vote (which I don't think you did as I'm not seeing anything like that in the raw data, only a timestamp) then I think google will let you repost the data when you submit it. So could be a 'stutter' in someones internet connection, or someone submitting results and then if reloading the page resubmits the results then it would give you those kinds of duplicates.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-19 9:14 am 

crambaza wrote:
The average is 6.57.

This is correct. The average is the total of each vote * its value divided by the total number of votes. This gives 4117/627 or 6.57.

crambaza wrote:
The average is not usually the best way to measure data.

Also correct.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-20 1:22 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
MrMoustache wrote:
paragon_deku wrote:

Definitely more than that. There's 647 rows, one response per row. I see mine.

Weird, only the first 100 rows load for me. Is there a setting or something I need to change to see them all?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-20 1:29 am 

Your survey is interesting. I would like to see a chart on top ten request unban cards and top ten ban cards list maybe when you reach 1k responses.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next