Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Nov-20 5:13 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Shared Fate mana colour interaction
AgePosted: 2014-Sep-16 5:58 am 

Joined: 2011-Sep-30 6:08 am
Age: Elder Dragon
I think there was a MODO bug that allowed it because it doesn't see any B in the ability when there are no Swamps. It was never legal in paper.

_________________
Spectrar Ghost wrote:
Cryocerete (sp?)


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shared Fate mana colour interaction
AgePosted: 2014-Sep-16 8:21 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
crokaycete wrote:
I think there was a MODO bug that allowed it because it doesn't see any B in the ability when there are no Swamps. It was never legal in paper.

Let's hear it for bad programming!

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shared Fate mana colour interaction
AgePosted: 2014-Sep-17 1:13 am 

Joined: 2008-Aug-02 10:17 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Let's hear it for bad programming!


Little things like this in it aren't necessarily due to bad programming but more likely due to the fact that some moron thought it would be a good idea to make a game as complex as magic available online. Think about describing everything you do in a game of magic ruleswise. EVERYTHING. Now think about translating this into a different language.

MTGO without many, many bugs would be a technical miracle.

Which doesn't mean people don't get to bitch and moan about the many bugs, wizards was ambitious enough to make it thus they should make it work :wink:

_________________

Teneb, the Harvester
Heartless Hidetsugu
Ob Nixilis, the Fallen
Reaper King
Ruhan of the Fomori
Hanna, Ship's Navigator
Ol
oro, Ageless Ascetic
Roon of the Hidden Realm
Nekusar, the Mindrazer



Sapling of Colfenor
Wrexial, the Risen Deep
Niv-Mizzet the Firemind
Ghost Council of Orzhova
Scion of the Ur-Dragon
Momir Vig, Simic Visionary



Child of Alara
Karrthus, Tyrant of Jund
Rith, the Awakener
Brion Stoutarm
Experiment Kraj
Razia, Boros Archangel
Grand Arbiter Augustin IV
Wort, Bogart Auntie
Kaalia of the Vast
Tariel, Reckoner of Souls


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shared Fate mana colour interaction
AgePosted: 2014-Sep-17 1:45 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
Not to belittle your point about the complexity of the game, but Cabal Coffers isn't especially complex, and if the game only sees the black mana symbol if you actually have swamps in play, then it's done wrong, therefore badly programmed. I'm not saying I could do a better job, although getting the chance to try would be pretty much a dream come true (I do know how to program, and getting paid to program magic sounds like a pretty sweet deal).

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shared Fate mana colour interaction
AgePosted: 2014-Sep-17 2:43 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2012-Sep-18 11:41 am
Age: Drake
Location: Under a dead Ohio sky...
24x30cl wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
Let's hear it for bad programming!


Little things like this in it aren't necessarily due to bad programming but more likely due to the fact that some moron thought it would be a good idea to make a game as complex as magic available online. Think about describing everything you do in a game of magic ruleswise. EVERYTHING. Now think about translating this into a different language.

MTGO without many, many bugs would be a technical miracle.

Which doesn't mean people don't get to bitch and moan about the many bugs, wizards was ambitious enough to make it thus they should make it work :wink:

Oddly enough, Magic's rules being as structured as they are would make it (in theory) easier to translate to a program. It already operates very much like one.

That doesn't mean the implementation won't be flawed, though.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shared Fate mana colour interaction
AgePosted: 2014-Sep-17 2:52 am 

Joined: 2013-Aug-20 4:37 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Boston
Sid the Chicken wrote:
With the legend rule change there's precious little reason to ever do this, except a few cards like Angry Mob, or if you want to be a complete asshat and run Linvala and Kormus Bell too.

Back in the day I ran it in my Azusa deck because I had several lands that didn't tap for mana naturally (Maze of Ith, Dark Depths, Eye of Ugin, and Arena at least). It also let fetches tap for mana if life was becoming an issue.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Shared Fate mana colour interaction
AgePosted: 2016-Sep-01 7:44 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2014-Aug-16 4:42 am
Age: Wyvern
iplaymtg wrote:
I know this is all opinion, but may I ask how does restricting the mana you can have breed creativity? Apart from sunburst, I can't imagine how it could impact the game from your deck's perspective, since your deck already can't include cards that have colors outside of your commander's. It really only impacts what you can do when playing your oponents cards.

For flavor reasons, it's sort of strange that Sen Triplets can't play a forest and then birds of paradise from someone's hand.


I just want to say: I'm so glad this finally got changed! :D


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: