Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-18 7:24 am

Post subject: Re: Players Cannot Take Extra Turns.
AgePosted: 2016-Jun-07 9:55 am 

Remember if you ban extra turn cards, you ban seedtime and final fortune. Is that REALLY the world you want our kids to grow up in? :evil:

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-20 10:16 am 

This rule would be great with the new Emrakul.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-20 5:30 pm 

MRHblue wrote:
Remember if you ban extra turn cards, you ban seedtime and final fortune. Is that REALLY the world you want our kids to grow up in? :evil:

And no Search the City. My dreams of the ultimate Mirror of Fate + Relentless Rats EDH deck would be crushed before they were ever even born.

Bladewing the Risen - MTG: Blood Dragon - OST by Powerglove
Dosan the Falling Leaf - Mono-Green Accelerator
Vish Kal, Blood Arbiter - Feed it to Vish
Toshiro Umezawa - Budget Creatureless
Prossh, Skyraider of Kher - Combo Jund
Marath, Will of the Wild - Beast-Mode Tribal
Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Mortal Combat Dredge
Kamahl & Jeska - Tag Team Voltron

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-24 3:27 pm 

MRHblue wrote:

actually, yes, kinda yeah. Also as far as new emrakul is concerned, I think we should just ban all eldrazi titans since wizards can't seem to print one that isn't obnoxious game ruining garbage.

We need a clear set of objective rules so that everybody always knows what to expect, and how to prepare for it. As of now, I think I spend more time arguing with players about the format than I do playing fun and interactive games of Commander. And last time I read, this was not the format's purpose.

QFT

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-25 5:21 am 

Gath Immortal wrote:
wizards can't seem to print one that isn't obnoxious game ruining garbage.

I am baffled by this stance. The cast triggers on all 6 titans have been appropriate for their cost when you consider that you also get a body. The original 3 were fun-suckers when cheated out because of Annihilator, but these new ones aren't any worse than most giant fatties if cheated.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-26 3:14 am 

Gath Immortal wrote:
MRHblue wrote:

actually, yes, kinda yeah. Also as far as new emrakul is concerned, I think we should just ban all eldrazi titans since wizards can't seem to print one that isn't obnoxious game ruining garbage.

kozilek was fine.
Ulamog was usually... ok, so long as someone was palming a swords.
Emmy was never fun... except that one time I made my friend discard and he responded to the shuffle trigger with makeshift mannequin.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-26 6:03 am 

niheloim wrote:
Gath Immortal wrote:
MRHblue wrote:

kozilek was fine.
Ulamog was usually... ok, so long as someone was palming a swords.
Emmy was never fun... except that one time I made my friend discard and he responded to the shuffle trigger with makeshift mannequin.

As for the new ones, I've had yet to have a problem with Ulamog, Koz is annoying if he gets going but usually able to be stopped, and I can't imagine Emmy being anything but fine. He's just a big evasive fatty with a fixed Mindslaver effect.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-26 9:02 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
As for the new ones, I've had yet to have a problem with Ulamog, Koz is annoying if he gets going but usually able to be stopped, and I can't imagine Emmy being anything but fine. He's just a big evasive fatty with a fixed Mindslaver effect.

Yup.

In fact this is part of why I'm not excited for them. They're not obnoxious enough.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-27 9:39 am 

Gath Immortal wrote:
Every time you post I am more and more thankful you have no interaction with the ban list.

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jun-27 9:49 am 

Nigerian Prince wrote:
Not for everybody's taste, but we had a great solution to excessive extra turns or long masturbatory turns yesterday. Since it was such a nice weather here, we pulled the table out of my friends brewery where we usually play, and put it across the street under a couple of trees in the church square. We added a one time only house rule called "the clock of doom". When the church bells sounded, the player whose turn it was immediately lost 10 lives, no preventing possible.

"What are you doing?"
"I'm holding priority until 11:59:40"
"...."

:P

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile