Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-21 2:04 pm

Post subject: Re: Quick question about wishes
AgePosted: 2016-Jun-20 10:06 am 

Just run them, and if someone objects call them a bloated curmudgeon, then switch to your Hermit Druid deck. If that doesn't work engage in fisticuffs.

(To do this without deep feelings of self loathing, I'd recommend only wishing for cards that would be legal to add to your deck in place of the wish, and also not using color hosers.)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Quick question about wishes
AgePosted: 2016-Jun-21 7:44 am 

Cody wrote:
Just run them, and if someone objects call them a bloated curmudgeon, then switch to your Hermit Druid deck. If that doesn't work engage in fisticuffs.

This sort of position came up when we were talking proxies, and it's really not a good stance to take. "I'ma do what I want even though it's flagrantly against the rules, and if you don't like it, you're a jerk" is not OK. Neither is attempting to punish people for not wanting to play with your flagrant rules violations by switching to an incredibly anti-social combo deck.
Cody wrote:
(To do this without deep feelings of self loathing, I'd recommend only wishing for cards that would be legal to add to your deck in place of the wish, and also not using color hosers.)

Assuring your potential fellow players that you're not going to wish for something otherwise illegal or staggeringly obnoxious will probably go a long way toward getting them to agree to allow it. But especially against randoms, you should explicitly agree to allow it.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile