Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-19 6:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Jul-31 4:48 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
As I mentioned, personally, I wouldn't mind seeing her unbanned because I can build a fun Braids deck centering around black control that emphasizes her sadistic nature. I mean of course if we allow Kaalia of the vast to remain Unbanned, Whats to say braids can't be unbanned (I am being sarcastic though Braids would be a welcome counter to Kaalia).

Braids is not a counter to Kaalia. She's a counter to anyone having fun ever. She's also vastly more oppressive than Kaalia will ever be. Saying you can build a fun braids deck is like saying you can bake an edible cyanide pie. No you can't.

I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-31 8:49 pm 

RaiRai wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
As I mentioned, personally, I wouldn't mind seeing her unbanned because I can build a fun Braids deck centering around black control that emphasizes her sadistic nature. I mean of course if we allow Kaalia of the vast to remain Unbanned, Whats to say braids can't be unbanned (I am being sarcastic though Braids would be a welcome counter to Kaalia).

Braids is not a counter to Kaalia. She's a counter to anyone having fun ever. She's also vastly more oppressive than Kaalia will ever be. Saying you can build a fun braids deck is like saying you can bake an edible cyanide pie. No you can't.

I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

There is no such thing as a fun stax deck. Maybe for the player playing it, but no one else.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-01 2:57 pm 

RaiRai wrote:

Don't quit your day job.

RaiRai wrote:

Your general deck concept of "Make everyone sac all their stuff while I steal it" is not fun. Braids makes it 10 times less fun.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-01 3:51 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:

Your general deck concept of "Make everyone sac all their stuff while I steal it" is not fun. Braids makes it 10 times less fun.

Thanks for letting me know what is and isn't fun.. I don't know what I'd do without you sid.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-02 1:22 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:

Don't quit your day job.

RaiRai wrote:

I already do that with my Tariel Deck

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-02 9:01 pm 

RaiRai wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:

Don't quit your day job.

RaiRai wrote:

I already do that with my Tariel Deck

Not like Braids can.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-03 5:53 am 

RaiRai wrote:

Braids has the same converted mana cost as Smokestack and approximately the same ability to grief other players.

Smokestack is not widely considered to have a disproportionate mana cost to effect ratio.

Kaalia has the same converted mana cost as Elvish Piper and approximately the same ability to cheat on mana costs.

Elvish Piper is not widely considered to have a disproportionate mana cost to effect ratio.

The Commander format itself breaks Braids in ways that Smokestack can't be broken. It's not about the mana : effect ratio.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Aug-09 10:54 am 

MrCool wrote:
Thanks for letting me know what is and isn't fun.. I don't know what I'd do without you sid.

You are welcome, good sir. If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11