Login | Register


All times are UTC - 7 hours


It is currently 2019-Oct-19 6:54 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Jul-31 4:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2016-May-16 12:03 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: The Blind Eternities
Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
As I mentioned, personally, I wouldn't mind seeing her unbanned because I can build a fun Braids deck centering around black control that emphasizes her sadistic nature. I mean of course if we allow Kaalia of the vast to remain Unbanned, Whats to say braids can't be unbanned (I am being sarcastic though Braids would be a welcome counter to Kaalia).

Braids is not a counter to Kaalia. She's a counter to anyone having fun ever. She's also vastly more oppressive than Kaalia will ever be. Saying you can build a fun braids deck is like saying you can bake an edible cyanide pie. No you can't.


I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

_________________
Image

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Jul-31 8:49 pm 

Joined: 2016-Feb-13 2:14 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: Orlando, Florida
RaiRai wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
As I mentioned, personally, I wouldn't mind seeing her unbanned because I can build a fun Braids deck centering around black control that emphasizes her sadistic nature. I mean of course if we allow Kaalia of the vast to remain Unbanned, Whats to say braids can't be unbanned (I am being sarcastic though Braids would be a welcome counter to Kaalia).

Braids is not a counter to Kaalia. She's a counter to anyone having fun ever. She's also vastly more oppressive than Kaalia will ever be. Saying you can build a fun braids deck is like saying you can bake an edible cyanide pie. No you can't.


I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

There is no such thing as a fun stax deck. Maybe for the player playing it, but no one else.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-01 2:57 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
RaiRai wrote:
I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Don't quit your day job.

RaiRai wrote:
Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

Your general deck concept of "Make everyone sac all their stuff while I steal it" is not fun. Braids makes it 10 times less fun.

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-01 3:51 pm 

Joined: 2013-Oct-09 7:02 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

Your general deck concept of "Make everyone sac all their stuff while I steal it" is not fun. Braids makes it 10 times less fun.

Thanks for letting me know what is and isn't fun.. I don't know what I'd do without you sid.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-02 1:22 pm 
User avatar

Joined: 2016-May-16 12:03 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: The Blind Eternities
Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Don't quit your day job.

RaiRai wrote:
Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

Your general deck concept of "Make everyone sac all their stuff while I steal it" is not fun. Braids makes it 10 times less fun.



I already do that with my Tariel Deck

_________________
Image

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-02 9:01 pm 

Joined: 2016-Feb-13 2:14 pm
Age: Dragon
Location: Orlando, Florida
RaiRai wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
RaiRai wrote:
I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Don't quit your day job.

RaiRai wrote:
Aside from that, For me its not that hard to imagine building a fun black control deck using Blood Artist, It that betrays, Ulamog's crusher, and cards that force your opponent to sacrifice.

Your general deck concept of "Make everyone sac all their stuff while I steal it" is not fun. Braids makes it 10 times less fun.



I already do that with my Tariel Deck

Not like Braids can.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-03 5:53 am 

Joined: 2008-Jan-25 8:26 am
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: Calgary
RaiRai wrote:
I was making a joke that Kaalia is as oppressive as Braids, Cabal Minion because both possess disproportionate abilities for their mana costs.

Braids has the same converted mana cost as Smokestack and approximately the same ability to grief other players.

Smokestack is not widely considered to have a disproportionate mana cost to effect ratio.

Kaalia has the same converted mana cost as Elvish Piper and approximately the same ability to cheat on mana costs.

Elvish Piper is not widely considered to have a disproportionate mana cost to effect ratio.

The Commander format itself breaks Braids in ways that Smokestack can't be broken. It's not about the mana : effect ratio.

_________________
"(P)art of the joy of Commander (is) being forced to work with what we (have), even if it (isn't) optimal. Optimal usually isn't that interesting." - papa funk


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My Case for a Braids Cabal Minion unbanning
AgePosted: 2016-Aug-09 10:54 am 
User avatar

Joined: 2009-Aug-20 7:49 pm
Age: Elder Dragon
Location: New Hampshire
MrCool wrote:
Thanks for letting me know what is and isn't fun.. I don't know what I'd do without you sid.

You are welcome, good sir. If I can be of further assistance, let me know.

_________________
"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: