Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Dec-07 6:32 pm

Post subject: Question: Eldrazi Spawn/Scions and Emerge, and Eldrazi lands
AgePosted: 2016-Jul-12 3:24 am 

Okay a bit of an off color question, quite literally, since we are being introduced to a new mechanic, Emerge, that allows the sacrificing of creatures to pay for cheaper mana cost, would sacrificing a scion/spawn trigger this ability, and would Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple enable a cheaper mana cost?

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Question: Eldrazi Spawn/Scions and Emerge, and Eldrazi lands
AgePosted: 2016-Jul-12 3:35 am 

Eldrazi tokens are creatures so yes you can sacrifice them as part of the cost of an emerge. They will reduce the cost by 0 and cannot be sacrificed for mana at the same time so it wouldn't be very beneficial but there may be scenarios where you might want to do that.

Emerge creatures are colorless and Eldrazi regardless of how you cast them so yes the lands would apply.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-12 3:44 am 

Emerge is a cost. The Eldrazi that have it are colorless.

You're good to go.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-12 6:07 am 

Epsilon wrote:
Eldrazi tokens are creatures so yes you can sacrifice them as part of the cost of an emerge. They will reduce the cost by 0 and cannot be sacrificed for mana at the same time so it wouldn't be very beneficial but there may be scenarios where you might want to do that.

Emerge creatures are colorless and Eldrazi regardless of how you cast them so yes the lands would apply.

I still think it be beneficial since their emerge costs are slightly cheaper to begin with so in essence the spawn/scions fulfill their purpose, and they give me a reason to play sanctum of ugin. Not to mention my kruphix deck would benefit from their addition to it to allow them being summoned.

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Jul-12 6:34 am 

RaiRai wrote:
Epsilon wrote:

I still think it be beneficial since their emerge costs are slightly cheaper to begin with so in essence the spawn/scions fulfill their purpose, and they give me a reason to play sanctum of ugin. Not to mention my kruphix deck would benefit from their addition to it to allow them being summoned.

the emerge costs are all 1 less total mana. You would get the same effective cost for sacking the token for mana and then not have to deal with the other colored costs.

Offline Profile