Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-19 6:52 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Should we unban Tolarian Academy?
AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 8:21 pm 

If it's fine in your playgroup, then house rule it so you can play it, and stop this nonsense here. Sheldon (you know, the guy who actually shapes commander's ban list with the rules committee) has already resoundingly said no without any qualms. In addition, most of the people here support the ban. So go do what you're aiming to do in your playgroup, and stop messing around with the format as a whole, because you obviously don't understand how the format is shaped.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 8:38 pm 

Marit Lage wrote:
If it's fine in your playgroup, then house rule it so you can play it, and stop this nonsense here. Sheldon (you know, the guy who actually shapes commander's ban list with the rules committee) has already resoundingly said no without any qualms. In addition, most of the people here support the ban. So go do what you're aiming to do in your playgroup, and stop messing around with the format as a whole, because you obviously don't understand how the format is shaped.

just sad ... why so negative?
- stop nonsense here ... i and manny people think it has sense!
- Sheldon the god... i don't care, my aim have as much FUN as possible
- I don't understand the Format? .... /ignore

...your post was useless, toxic.

post your negativ stuff in some emo forums ... here we are getting the gooooood vibes now! :)
LOVE ALL OVER!!!

cheers Kiddyman

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 9:27 pm 

kiddyman wrote:

post your negativ stuff in some emo forums ... here we are getting the gooooood vibes now! :)
LOVE ALL OVER!!!

cheers Kiddyman

Here's the thing: you want it unbanned? You have to convince the rules committee that it brings something positive to the format, or that the reason it was banned no longer applies. And personal attacks only make you look like a child.

As far as your actual points are concerned:
Quote:
manny people think it has sense!

No, they do not. Maybe when you disregard what they say and cherry pick their posts instead of answering as a whole it looks that way, but your conclusions are dead wrong.

Quote:
Sheldon the god... i don't care, my aim have as much FUN as possible

Considering that you want a card removed from the ban list, and he is the face of the Rules Committee, you should explicitly care, since he's one of the people you need to convince to have it unbanned.

Quote:
I don't understand the Format?

That's correct. If you did, you wouldn't be crusading to get a card that was rightfully banned back to legality, while ignoring the Rules Committee and not doing your research.

Quote:

Because you couldn't cherry pick what you wanted out of it (that was by design, so you're aware).

Quote:
LOVE ALL OVER!!!

Personal attacks do nothing but make you look foolish. Try again.

How old are you, anyway?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 10:05 pm 

Marit Lage wrote:
kiddyman wrote:

LOVE ALL OVER!!!

cheers Kiddyman

Here's the thing: you want it unbanned? You have to convince the rules committee that it brings something positive to the format, or that the reason it was banned no longer applies. And personal attacks only make you look like a child.

As far as your actual points are concerned:
Quote:
manny people think it has sense!

No, they do not. Maybe when you disregard what they say and cherry pick their posts instead of answering as a whole it looks that way, but your conclusions are dead wrong.

Quote:
Sheldon the god... i don't care, my aim have as much FUN as possible

Considering that you want a card removed from the ban list, and he is the face of the Rules Committee, you should explicitly care, since he's one of the people you need to convince to have it unbanned.

Quote:
I don't understand the Format?

That's correct. If you did, you wouldn't be crusading to get a card that was rightfully banned back to legality, while ignoring the Rules Committee and not doing your research.

Quote:

Because you couldn't cherry pick what you wanted out of it (that was by design, so you're aware).

Quote:
LOVE ALL OVER!!!

Personal attacks do nothing but make you look foolish. Try again.

How old are you, anyway?

i will not loose time with you... sorry.

cheers kiddyman

ps. im 37 and play since im 15 intensiv magic in all formats and love it!
this last 22 years of magic should give me some "basic" knowledge about the game.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 10:32 pm 

I'm 37 and your posting style is an insult to adults. Aside from what I said earlier, you have given yourself the image of a child, a troll, or quite possibly both. That people are still willingly interacting with you about this card is astonishing.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 11:03 pm 

cryogen wrote:
I'm 37 and your posting style is an insult to adults. Aside from what I said earlier, you have given yourself the image of a child, a troll, or quite possibly both. That people are still willingly interacting with you about this card is astonishing.

im sorry that my "posting style" dosen't fit my age...
i assume the people that feel not offended understand my "style".

i think over all (beside some out of content comments) it is a good exchange!
and im sure if some of you would focus more on the question of my post and less about my "posting style"
the helpful content of this thread would be even more.

cher(s)rypicking
Kiddyman ;P

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 11:28 pm 

First impressions are everything. If you post in a manner which reflects poorly upon yourself thend people won't want to even read the content. Those that did found the content matches the presentation.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-29 11:38 pm 

I'm not sure you want to shrug off criticism of your posting style so casually.

The fact of the matter is that multiple people (including me) have brought up showstopper issues with your understanding of why Tolarian Academy was a problem. You typically either ignore those points or say something tantamount to "agree to disagree," as if that is an escape clause for being objectively incorrect.

Your style appears to be one of flippant intellectual dishonesty, and that's why people are getting testy with you.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-30 12:19 am 

crokaycete wrote:
I'm not sure you want to shrug off criticism of your posting style so casually.

The fact of the matter is that multiple people (including me) have brought up showstopper issues with your understanding of why Tolarian Academy was a problem. You typically either ignore those points or say something tantamount to "agree to disagree," as if that is an escape clause for being objectively incorrect.

Your style appears to be one of flippant intellectual dishonesty, and that's why people are getting testy with you.

i see you feel approached by my last comment.
i am sure that i won't invest so much more time to defend my "style" or other off topics comments.

Post productive or i will simply ignore.

Cheers
Kiddyman

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-30 12:20 am 

cryogen wrote:
That people are still willingly interacting with you about this card is astonishing.

I'm amazed that people are willingly interacting with him. Period.

There is a bit of interesting conversation here (I'm certainly having fun discussing things with d0su right now) but none of it involves kiddyman.

kiddyman wrote:

Ahahahahahaha. :facepalm:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-30 12:30 am 

Carthain wrote:
kiddyman wrote:

By "productive" he means "agrees with his viewpoint", and in that respect it's true - he does ignore just about everything that doesn't fit his viewpoint or that he can't selectively quote out of context.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-30 12:35 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
Carthain wrote:
kiddyman wrote:

By "productive" he means "agrees with his viewpoint", and in that respect it's true - he does ignore just about everything that doesn't fit his viewpoint or that he can't selectively quote out of context.

an other useless post....
by productive i mean: not talking since 10 posts about bullshit none cares ... including me!

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-30 12:38 am 

kiddyman wrote:
by productive i mean: not talking since 10 posts about bullshit none cares ... including me!

That... isn't coherent enough to even understand.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-30 2:32 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
kiddyman wrote:

I think he's a bot at this point. Or an prepubescent adolescent or something. Even people who have problems with English are better speakers than this.

Where are you from, kiddyman?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Sep-30 3:01 am 

Marit Lage wrote:
Sid the Chicken wrote:
kiddyman wrote:

I think he's a bot at this point. Or an prepubescent adolescent or something. Even people who have problems with English are better speakers than this.

Where are you from, kiddyman?

just an other useless post....but coman, you sound really bored and is friday :)
yes my english is terrible, as my french, spanish and italian (but im able to communicate) at least my german is fine! hallelujah! ....im from Switzerland

wish you all lovely weekend!
Kiddyman

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next