Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-22 8:47 am

Post subject: Partner
AgePosted: 2016-Oct-24 2:11 am 

Now is it 21 combat dmg from a single commander or is it combind with partners i want to clarify

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Partner
AgePosted: 2016-Oct-24 2:35 am 
EDH Rules Committee

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/ar ... 2016-10-24

"Combat damage dealt by each commander is similarly tracked individually. If either commander can deal 21 or more combat damage to a single player over the course of the game, that player loses. But you have to get all the way there with Silas Renn, or you have to get all the way there with Bruse Tarl."

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-27 6:08 am 

Can we get Brothers Yamasaki errata'd to have partner... and then change the rules so that you don't track Commander damage separately for just them.. and then maybe do something else to make them awesome?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-27 6:16 am 

niheloim wrote:
Can we get Brothers Yamasaki errata'd to have partner... and then change the rules so that you don't track Commander damage separately for just them.. and then maybe do something else to make them awesome?

I played them with exactly this partner rule set. It was perfectly fine. They weren't super powered or anything, but you don't want them tracking commander damage together. They will clock somebody out on turn 5 pretty much every game if you do.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-27 7:23 am 

niheloim wrote:

Sheldon's most recent article on SCG says the RC remains against format-specific errata, but they'd love it if the actual cards were errata'd by the PTB @ Wizards.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-27 2:57 pm 

tarnar wrote:
Sheldon's most recent article on SCG says the RC remains against format-specific errata, but they'd love it if the actual cards were errata'd by the PTB @ Wizards.
Note that you need two pieces of errata:
"Partner" (or "Partners with Brothers Yamazaki" a la "Bands with other Brothers Yamazaki;" would require an addition to the Comp Rules)

and

"A deck may have two copies of Brothers Yamazaki" which would be my favorite errata of all time. Would it work, though? Or would that also have the unfortunate side effect of making Brothers unplayable unless you had exactly two copies? That would really bring down their value in draft and 4/60 formats (not that they were really tearing up the tournament scene to begin with).

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2016-Oct-27 11:07 pm 

intreped wrote:
tarnar wrote:
Note that you need two pieces of errata:
"Partner" (or "Partners with Brothers Yamazaki" a la "Bands with other Brothers Yamazaki;" would require an addition to the Comp Rules)

and

"A deck may have two copies of Brothers Yamazaki" which would be my favorite errata of all time. Would it work, though? Or would that also have the unfortunate side effect of making Brothers unplayable unless you had exactly two copies? That would really bring down their value in draft and 4/60 formats (not that they were really tearing up the tournament scene to begin with).

"May have two copies" wouldn't have that side effect. You'd have the normal construction rules for the format or 2 copies.

I played Brothers for a while. I only ever had a single person who didn't want to play against them (so I moved Godo to the front and slotted in 2 mountains). With Partner clearing up how they should work, I expect that outside of a (gag) tournament you will almost never be denied on a Brothers-led deck.

Offline Profile