Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-18 6:38 am

Post subject: The tiniest problem ever - Gleemox
AgePosted: 2016-Dec-19 9:40 am 

If, like me, you had never heard of gleemox, first may I direct your attention to this article:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/ask-wizards-gleemox-and-elves-deep-shadow-2008-12-09

So Gleemox is a thing that until this week I had never heard of nor seen. Then during a match on magic online an opponent played this strange card. It states on the card that "This card is banned" however it is, for some reason, able to be put into commander decks on magic online.

This is a strange quirk that presumably not very many people care about, but the purist in me was irked by this card's existence in the game, it felt like cheating even though it didn't have any bearing on the game at the time. Is there any merit to pursuing the official banning of this card?

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: The tiniest problem ever - Gleemox
AgePosted: 2016-Dec-19 9:52 am 

Sounds like a bug with MODO. If the card is banned, and you're playing a game that has a defined format (Commander - which does have a ban list), then it should see that the gleemox is banned, and thus not part of a legal deck.

I'm not sure you'd get an update to the ban list for all of Commander for this MODO only issue.

Online Profile