Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-17 1:01 am

Post subject: Re: Who dropped the ball? and Why? [Banlist update Discussion]
AgePosted: 2017-May-05 7:32 am 

As an Animar player, I'd LOVE for Painter to be unbanned.

I can understand why it remains on the banlist though. Just in combination with Iona alone is reason enough for me to want to vomit.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-06 1:38 am 

Daedronus wrote:
As an Animar player, I'd LOVE for Painter to be unbanned.

I can understand why it remains on the banlist though. Just in combination with Iona alone is reason enough for me to want to vomit.

Painter's Servant would BREAK my Teysa deck. sac three creatures infinitely to wipe the board?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-06 6:57 am 

I actually was referring to Leovold because I feel he isnt that harmful to format compared to some other commanders and I felt he was great addition when he came out. His banning is sort of unexpected because what he does can be easily mitigated if you are smart in dealing with him, and his presence in the format was the only thing that really schafted high tier decks like the bane of my Existence within the format, Kaalia of the Vast. A prime example is in recent encounter at my local gameshop, someone tried busting out their Kaalia deck and in turn, Leovold was brought out, and I playing my Witch colored deck, long story short, Kaalia got dicked by Leovold and I ran away with the game thanks to Cryptolith rites and From Beyond with a side of Proper Burial, even under Stax control.

Anyways, I was simply curious to why he was banned because to me, he was the great equalizer.

RaiRai's Decks of Otherworldlyness:

Unknown Horizons
Bane of the Vast 1.0
Call from Eternity
Twisted Nightmares

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-06 7:27 am 

RaiRai wrote:
I actually was referring to Leovold because I feel he isnt that harmful to format compared to some other commanders and I felt he was great addition when he came out. His banning is sort of unexpected because what he does can be easily mitigated if you are smart in dealing with him, and his presence in the format was the only thing that really schafted high tier decks like the bane of my Existence within the format, Kaalia of the Vast. A prime example is in recent encounter at my local gameshop, someone tried busting out their Kaalia deck and in turn, Leovold was brought out, and I playing my Witch colored deck, long story short, Kaalia got dicked by Leovold and I ran away with the game thanks to Cryptolith rites and From Beyond with a side of Proper Burial, even under Stax control.

Anyways, I was simply curious to why he was banned because to me, he was the great equalizer.

Oh wait... you're serious?

Leovold + Teferi's Puzzle Box = Game over for your opponents. That right there is enough to get the banhammer.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-06 8:57 am 

RaiRai wrote:

What? We need Leovold in the format because he can take down a pretty weak general who isn't even affected by either of Leo's abilities?

Get out of here with that weak crap. Kaalia isn't broken, or even slightly problematic. Leovold is. The number of cards that combine with him to say "your opponents don't get to play anymore" is too damn high. Kaalia literally has two interactions (Iona and Master of Cruelties) that are even remotely scary.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2017-May-07 10:06 am 

tgambitg wrote:
Oh wait... you're serious?

Remember who is posting.

Im going to regret this but... How does leovold shut down kaalia more so than other decks? Mardu has the best access to instant speed ways to break up any leovold tricks and no part of kaalia says draw a card.

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile