Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-23 3:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Expropriate: a new banworthy card?
AgePosted: 2019-Apr-16 7:18 am 

jessedictor wrote:
Even saying it didn't come up in this thread before isn't true.

Cool. I never said that.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-16 8:00 am 

Carthain wrote:
jessedictor wrote:

Cool. I never said that.

I never said you said it. See how cool it is to purposely neglect what it is someone is "implying" and isn't useful at all.

So please, stay on topic, or go make a "how annoying is this guy" thread somewhere else. All my points seem valid.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-16 12:00 pm 

jessedictor wrote:
Carthain wrote:
jessedictor wrote:

Cool. I never said that.

I never said you said it. See how cool it is to purposely neglect what it is someone is "implying" and isn't useful at all.

So please, stay on topic, or go make a "how annoying is this guy" thread somewhere else. All my points seem valid.

OK guy, cool it. You wanna tell people to stay on topic, how about you stay on topic. This thread is (was) about Expropriate, not about 9 mana on turn 3.

Pot, this is the Kettle. You're black.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-16 1:44 pm 

^Somebody get this man a cookie, STAT

These sort of cards show up in awkward discussions pretty often (remember that Paradox Engine thread that went on for too many months?) Fact is, cards of similar power level to Time Stretch exist in every color, and are just a part of an old game being deep. The reason many people opposed "banworthy" status, is because most of us have played with and against Time Stretch,Blatant Thievery, Desertion, Memory Plunder,Insurrection, Repercussion, Necropotence, Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, Tooth and Nail, Genesis Wave, Natural Order, Second Sunrise, Baneslayer Angel, Hokori, Dust Drinker, Winter Orb, Smokestack, Memory Jar, Mindslaver, so on, and so forth... for years.

There is no script that works to adequately describe what these cards do in regular EDH. No "sky is falling" scenario that is alluded to on some pretense of that even being unique or out of the norm. Expropriate (and Paradox Engine while we're at it)- exist on the same continuum of cards that scale from "Really Good" (like Chain of Vapor) to "Rock You Like A Hurricane" (like Mind Over Matter-) and compared to Mind Over Matter- this card never quite lives up in terms of true inevitability (because, honestly nothing actually does.) This format cannot sustain itself by reflexively banning popular haymaker cards.

Defender
Wall of chat exceeds at using a lot of words to mischaracterize opposing view points.

Warp Riders (Ephara Solar Flare)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8