Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Sep-18 6:08 pm

Post subject: [WAR spoiler] - Narset's Reversal
AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 5:02 am 

Does this work:
I cast Darksteel Relic; my opponent casts Cancel, targeting my spell. I cast Narset's Reversal, copying Cancel and choosing Narset's Reversal as the target of this Cancel copy. Narset's Reversal finishes resolving and is put into my graveyard, then the Cancel copy fizzles.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [WAR spoiler] - Narset's Reversal
AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 6:31 am 

So basically you're making a convoluted way to just bounce the Cancel? I don't see why that shouldn't work.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 7:22 am 

You can make their Cancel target your Narset-counterspell. This has been a thing with Misdirection vs Force of Will in another era of MTG history.

Just note that a spell can't target itself, so you could never make their Cancel cancel itself.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 9:01 am 

Two more scenarios:
  • I cast Epic Experiment, X = 2, exiling a land and a Narset's Reversal. Epic Experiment is in my graveyard before I actually get to choose targets with the Reversal, right? So I do not get to cast it (to add another counter to Sphinx-Bone Wand, for example)? Or is this similar to the above situation, where I can cast Reversal targeting the Experiment that exiled it, only to be fizzled by the time Reversal would resolve?
  • I cast Epic Experiment, X = 2, exiling Curse of the Swine and Narset's Reversal. This time I can choose the order I want to cast them, so I can put Curse on the stack targeting nothing and Reversal targeting Curse, right? For a total of 3 spells cast (Experiment, Curse, and Reversal)?

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Apr-19 12:23 pm 

intreped wrote:
Or is this similar to the above situation, where I can cast Reversal targeting the Experiment that exiled it, only to be fizzled by the time Reversal would resolve?

This. Spells are still on the stack until they finish resolving.

intreped wrote:
I cast Epic Experiment, X = 2, exiling Curse of the Swine and Narset's Reversal. This time I can choose the order I want to cast them, so I can put Curse on the stack targeting nothing and Reversal targeting Curse, right? For a total of 3 spells cast (Experiment, Curse, and Reversal)?

Yes.

Offline Profile