MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/

Very Cryptic Commands
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18758
Page 1 of 1

Author:  MrMoustache [ 2017-Dec-05 4:29 am ]
Post subject:  Very Cryptic Commands

With the new silver-bordered rule, I'm not quite sure how to treat Very Cryptic Command. Do I have to pick one and only play that one in my commander deck, or can I put one of each version in my deck?

Author:  Viperion [ 2017-Dec-05 6:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

Except for basic lands you may only have one of any card (based on it's English title) in your deck.

So yeah, pick one and put it in.

Having said that, house rules, if your group agrees, yadda yadda yadda

Author:  Carthain [ 2017-Dec-05 7:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

I'm confused ... pick one of what?

Are we not comparing "Cryptic Command" to "Very Cryptic Command" -- in which case you can run both if you wanted?

Author:  Swmystery [ 2017-Dec-05 7:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

Carthain wrote:
I'm confused ... pick one of what?

Are we not comparing "Cryptic Command" to "Very Cryptic Command" -- in which case you can run both if you wanted?


There are multiple versions of Very Cryptic Command (and other cards in Unstable) with different text boxes and the same name/collector number.

Author:  Carthain [ 2017-Dec-05 8:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

Ohhhhh.

Apparently I missed that bit of a "thing" that unstable is doing :)

Author:  MrMoustache [ 2017-Dec-05 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

Viperion wrote:
Except for basic lands you may only have one of any card (based on it's English title) in your deck.

So yeah, pick one and put it in.

Having said that, house rules, if your group agrees, yadda yadda yadda

That's what I figured, but just thought I'd see if the RC had mentioned anything about it. If I happen to open two different versions when drafting, I'll talk to my playgroup and see what they think. Thanks!

Author:  specter404 [ 2017-Dec-05 12:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

Carthain wrote:
Ohhhhh.

Apparently I missed that bit of a "thing" that unstable is doing :)

It was only revealed as a thing today because people (store owners) just got access to the product and started opening it, as they usually do to build up store stock.

It's a rather ingenious idea IMO and I am shocked they managed to keep it a secret so long.

Author:  intreped [ 2017-Dec-05 3:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

specter404 wrote:
It's a rather ingenious idea IMO and I am shocked they managed to keep it a secret so long.

I'm pretty sure Unstable was printed entirely in a facility built by MaRo, brick by brick, and he did the printing himself, and put all the cards into packs and all the packs into boxes and then drove every box to its destination.

JUST TO MAKE SURE there wouldn't be leaks this time.

Author:  zimagic [ 2017-Dec-05 9:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Very Cryptic Commands

intreped wrote:
specter404 wrote:
It's a rather ingenious idea IMO and I am shocked they managed to keep it a secret so long.

I'm pretty sure Unstable was printed entirely in a facility built by MaRo, brick by brick, and he did the printing himself, and put all the cards into packs and all the packs into boxes and then drove every box to its destination.

JUST TO MAKE SURE there wouldn't be leaks this time.


Considering previous leaks and the potential for someone getting it wrong with just one card or hint, this is a logistical & organisational masterpiece. They hit this one out of the park, every spoiler season should be like this.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 7 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/