Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-22 9:14 am

Post subject: Can we ban poor people from this format?
AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 6:18 am 

Anyone else sick and tired of poor people just constantly complaining that they can't afford cards like grim monolith and mox opals for their commander decks?

How is it my fault they can't fork up the cash for the format? I shouldn't also become the archenemy for having a turn 1 play of sol ring, grim monolith, mana vault and chrome mox. It's not fair that my wealth pegs me as the archenemy because I can run good cards and they can't.

The poor people at my local trading card shop also complain that they don't want to import the expensive cards from somewhere else because the nearby places don't have access to them.

I mean it's also very clear that the rules council doesn't care about poor people since there is no limit on card costs and deck costs. Plus local shops have been increasing the prices of good mana generators so that their poorer clientele can't afford the cards. Personally every edh card should be a minimum of $100. Then maybe card shops wouldn't have financial problems anymore.

Maybe we should have it where you can't play custom decks unless the total cards cost is over $500 USD?

Let's discuss the issue of broke people playing this format and come to a more permanent conclusion to this problem or do I have to keep paying the owner of the store to kick out those with very little money?

Note: This is an attempt at humor and to bring to attention the rising cost of cheap powerful mana rocks which are scarcely found due to thier low reprints. I feel considering how expensive the legal moxes and grim monolith have become they should be reviewed as a possible ban. Ban tabernacle too! Custom art proxies are a thing :?

Last edited by Bull on 2018-Jan-03 9:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Can we ban poor people from this format?
AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 6:35 am 

Hear hear. I don't really buy cards over a couple of dollars except once in a blue moon. I've never really been fussed about it. I vote to ban myself from the format. It's been fun and not having the expensive cards has never mattered to me at all because I have a blast and win sometimes anyway and don't often lose to expensive cards even so, but it's time for me to go and get banned, farewell.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 6:54 am 

Can we ban Bull from this forum?

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 7:42 am 

Viperion wrote:

I like his idea. If we banned more players then it would be easier for me to find a place to double park my Bentley at my LGS.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 8:49 am 

Personally I find it more tasteful to have my manservant go among the lower class to actually "play" my Commander deck for me. Everyone knows the real point of Commander is only to show off one's ludicrous wealth.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 8:56 am 

Coco wrote:
Personally I find it more tasteful to have my manservant go among the lower class to actually "play" my Commander deck for me. Everyone knows the real point of Commander is only to show off one's ludicrous wealth.

What types of credentials does the magic-playing-manservant need, because that is a job I could get behind. I would probably work for more money than your current manservant as well, say 30% more? That way it is a win/win situation for everyone.

With perfect mana, reasonable removal, disruption, and card advantage, we're back to pitchforks and torches. And it's about to get worse for those who do not enjoy the game as Richard Garfield intended, playing as few win conditions as possible and prompting concession after all hopes (and spells) are lost. - Shaheen Soorani

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 8:56 am 

Can we also please impose the iron man card rip rule to offset the damage being done by excessive reprinting.

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 9:15 am 

Coco wrote:

I can't tolerate man servants. I find their poverty stench too much to tolerate. It gets on everything they touch. Gold plated robots are much better and they don't tire. They hardly ever need a whipping.

(I'm a horrible person today lol)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 11:54 am 

cryogen wrote:
Viperion wrote:

I like his idea. If we banned more players then it would be easier for me to find a place to double park my Bentley at my LGS.

Double park... what kind of pleb-tier commoner are you? The true gentleman finds each and every opportunity to pull off the quadruple part.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 12:54 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
cryogen wrote:
Viperion wrote:

Double park... what kind of pleb-tier commoner are you? The true gentleman finds each and every opportunity to pull off the quadruple part.

If you don't take up a portion of six different spots, you're not even trying. And of course, that's if you're slumming it in a "normal size car" instead of something respectable like a Hummer Limo.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 1:24 pm 

Willbender wrote:
Uktabi_Kong wrote:
cryogen wrote:

If you don't take up a portion of six different spots, you're not even trying. And of course, that's if you're slumming it in a "normal size car" instead of something respectable like a Hummer Limo.

I always just take my fleet of gold-plated diamond-rimmed monster trucks and park them across every space in the lot, whether or not it was already occupied by some commoner's car. Ah... the look on their faces... quite droll.

Riku: Pump Spells
Teneb: Life Manipulation
Kiki-Jiki: Big Red
Geth: Nim
Kodama of the North Tree: Hard Mode Voltron
Nin: Elementals
Sram: Jankstorm
Zur: Zombies
Rhys the Redeemed: Aura Voltron
Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh: Chandras
Ojutai, Soul of Winter: Tap Out Control
Alesha: Allies
Inalla: Treasures
Vial Smasher: Lava Axes
Atraxa: Counterless Keywords
Ludevic and Tymna: Curses

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-03 2:51 pm 

Coco wrote:
I always just take my fleet of gold-plated diamond-rimmed monster trucks and park them across every space in the lot, whether or not it was already occupied by some commoner's car. Ah... the look on their faces... quite droll.

You actually look at their faces!? That just seems so uncouth to have such direct interaction with the lower classes. I usually just have one of my vassals write a description of the peasantry, then have another vassal read it and inform me if it was acceptable.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-04 5:08 am 

I have a modest proposal, involving the mass disposal of players whose collections value under $10,000 and the redistribution of all their cards to the remainder.

These players can be disposed through various means including sending them to WotC's Card Mines where they can work on extracting new magic cards from the aether.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-04 10:47 am 

spacemonaut wrote:
I have a modest proposal, involving the mass disposal of players whose collections value under $10,000 and the redistribution of all their cards to the remainder.

These players can be disposed through various means including sending them to WotC's Card Mines where they can work on extracting new magic cards from the aether.

Exactly! I mean if you can't pay to win you should at least contribute to society some way. Who Knows maybe after a decade or two they might save enough to pay to win in edh assuming prices don't keep rising lol.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Jan-04 10:50 am 

Bull wrote:
Exactly! I mean if you can't pay to win you should at least contribute to society some way. Who Knows maybe after a decade or two they might save enough to pay to win in edh assuming prices don't keep rising lol.
In that case I propose we buy all the good cards and keep them out of their filthy little hands. I can't stand the stink of "new money" ruining my games.

Offline Profile