Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jan-19 12:50 am

Post subject: Re: Opinions on the issue of Bolas' Gods
AgePosted: 2018-Apr-26 1:41 am 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
Scarab God isn't a true reanimator: he creates tokens. Engineered Explosives and friends read "kill all tokens instantly".

Really? You're not aware of how it works? I would've figure'd you'd be up on this kind of think Utabi_Kong.

Yes it creates a token, and typically tokens don't have a mana cost. But in this case, the token is copying a card. And mana cost is one of the copyable values -- therefore these tokens have mana costs. So Engineered Explosives *may* kill some of them off.

Ruling from the card itself:
7/14/2017: Unlike the tokens created by an eternalize ability, this token has the mana cost and thus converted mana cost of the card it's copying.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-26 7:19 am 

Wow. I didn't know that.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-26 10:27 am 

Carthain wrote:
Uktabi_Kong wrote:
Scarab God isn't a true reanimator: he creates tokens. Engineered Explosives and friends read "kill all tokens instantly".

Really? You're not aware of how it works? I would've figure'd you'd be up on this kind of thing Uktabi_Kong.

I'm a deckbuilding expert, not a rules expert

III Omnath, Locus of Mana III Thada Adel, Acquisitor III Geth, Lord of the Vault III Eight-and-a-Half-Tails III Zo-Zu the Punisher III BruseIkra III Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis III Kess, Dissident Mage, III AkriSilas III Grenzo, Havoc Raiser III Ghalta, Primal Hunger III Ambassador Laquatus III Anax and Cymede III Sidisi, Brood Tyrant III Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest III Ghave, Guru of Spores III Zurgo Helmsmasher III Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder III

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-26 11:34 am 

Scarab and Locust god are just higher power level commanders. Meta game against them or play a commander that is even stronger than them.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2018-Apr-29 11:10 am 

Honestly when it comes to the Scarab God, I'm more worried about his zombie trigger than the eternalize ability. Yes, instant-speed copying of creatures in graveyards can be irritating, but they do go away when he does it, so it's not like he's chain copying Duplicants and wiping out your board.

On the other hand, if he has 5 zombies in play for a few turns, he's getting massive card selection power AND you're down a lot of life.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile