Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Feb-23 11:27 am

Post subject: 1 Year Anniversary
AgePosted: 2019-Jan-21 10:02 am 

It has a year since the last ban list/ rules change, the last being the rebanning of silver bordered cards January 15th 2018.

Personally I think it would be interesting if the rumored color identity expansion was put into play as it would really mix up some of the staples aka Sword of Feast and Famine becoming a Green/Black card or maybe a really controversial change like banning all cards with the word "search".

A fundamental rules change would really spice things up in the biggest way since General Tazri officially became 5 colors.

What major format warping rule changes would you all like to see?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 1 Year Anniversary
AgePosted: 2019-Jan-21 10:10 am 

potatomonkey38 wrote:
the rumored color identity expansion was put into play as it would really mix up some of the staples aka Sword of Feast and Famine becoming a Green/Black card

I don't know where you heard that but this is never going to happen. Among other things that means anything with "Protection from Black" - including creatures - can only go in a black deck.

Not ever happening.

No banlist changes is a good thing; you don't want to be shaking up the format "just because", you want to do it to fix an issue. I'm not convinced there are that many issues that require significant changes and/or bannings.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-21 10:48 am 

Viperion wrote:
potatomonkey38 wrote:
the rumored color identity expansion was put into play as it would really mix up some of the staples aka Sword of Feast and Famine becoming a Green/Black card

I don't know where you heard that but this is never going to happen. Among other things that means anything with "Protection from Black" - including creatures - can only go in a black deck.

Not ever happening.

No banlist changes is a good thing; you don't want to be shaking up the format "just because", you want to do it to fix an issue. I'm not convinced there are that many issues that require significant changes and/or bannings.

Rumors were generated from this fake screen shot ages ago, and I think deck construction could do with a lot more diversity
https://www.reddit.com/r/EDH/comments/3 ... edh_decks/

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-21 11:27 am 

potatomonkey38 wrote:
A fundamental rules change would really spice things up in the biggest way since General Tazri officially became 5 colors.
When was it not?

No, I think he's right. I'm just all butt-hurt over prophet.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-21 11:38 am 

There was a time when the colour identity of your commander was only based on the mana symbols in the casting cost and nothing else. Aside from anything else it meant Bosh, Memnarch, and Thelon of Havenwood could not be used as Commanders.

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

"I'm happy to serve as a quote machine" - Sheldon

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-21 12:00 pm 

Note however that General Tazri always had a five color identity, since those rules updates preceded Oath of the Gatewatch by years, so Tazri herself never "became" 5C.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jan-21 2:01 pm 

spacemonaut wrote:
Note however that General Tazri always had a five color identity, since those rules updates preceded Oath of the Gatewatch by years, so Tazri herself never "became" 5C.

I feel so silly

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Feb-02 9:38 am 

Viperion wrote:
There was a time when the colour identity of your commander was only based on the mana symbols in the casting cost and nothing else. Aside from anything else it meant Bosh, Memnarch, and Thelon of Havenwood could not be used as Commanders.

If you really want to split hairs, there was no Color Identity until the Color ID rule was implemented.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile