Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Nov-14 2:34 am

Post subject: Sunforger Questions - Adventures, etc
AgePosted: 2019-Oct-26 12:51 pm 

Ok, so I'm a little out of date on my rules expertise... with changes to how CMC works for split cards, can I still cast Order / Chaos off of a Sunforger activation?

What about the Stomp part of Bonecrusher Giant... is that Sunforge-able?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Sunforger Questions - Adventures, etc
AgePosted: 2019-Oct-26 1:17 pm 

Order/Chaos: I don't think so. It has a CMC of 7 unless you are casting one half or the other.

For the adventure cards, they aren't sorcery/instants unless you are casting them as such -- so no sunforger for the adventure.

Online Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-27 10:40 am 

I agree with Carthain's conclusions.

Sunforger tells you to “Search your library for a red or white instant card with converted mana cost 4 or less”. In your library a split card's CMC is the total of its faces. Order // Chaos can't be found by Sunforger to be cast later, even if casting it later it might have CMC 4 or less.

Adventure cards aren't split cards. In any zone other than the stack they are only creatures.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-27 10:02 pm 

I was not aware that they had changed the way that works... it used to be a thing that you could, say, imprint Odds // Ends on an Isochron Scepter, and then cast the 5-mana spell with the scepter. I'm glad that doesn't work anymore.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Oct-28 11:18 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
I was not aware that they had changed the way that works... it used to be a thing that you could, say, imprint Odds // Ends on an Isochron Scepter, and then cast the 5-mana spell with the scepter. I'm glad that doesn't work anymore.

yeah, changed with Amonkhet, i was actually kinda sad about it :cry:

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Nov-06 4:53 pm 

Sid the Chicken wrote:

Other than the Scepter interaction, the ruling update also messed heavily with how Split cards interact with Cascade since you could do something similar there. It kinda stunk for the Yidris deck I had, because it means if you reveal a Split card off a cascade it only sees the total, big CMC (meaning you likely can't cast it through Cascade or you wouldn't really want to 'waste' a large Cascade on any of the Split effects). I understand why the change was made since it was particularly confusing, but I wasn't exactly excited about it.

Offline Profile