Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Aug-25 5:15 pm

Post subject: Teferi, Time Reveler vs. Thrumming rats
AgePosted: 2019-May-22 2:22 am 

So, if I control teferi, time raveler and my opponent controls thrumming stone and has a deck full of rat colony, what's the interaction there?

I'm thinking teferi's "each opponent can cast spells only any time they could cast a sorcery" phrase hard stops the rippled rats from casting because a spell is on the stack, but if I screwed over my opponent last night I'd like to know.

Karador, Ghost Chieftain: Rebel Elf Ball
Patron of the Kitsune: Foxes are a strong tribal, right?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Teferi, Time Reveler vs. Thrumming rats
AgePosted: 2019-May-22 3:05 am 

That is indeed accurate.

For that exact reason, there was a point where one of the more powerful combo decks was Teferi, Mage of Zhalifir, with the combo win con being Knowledge Pool

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-22 1:00 pm 

Uktabi_Kong wrote:
Teferi, Mage of Zhalifir, with the combo win con being Knowledge Pool

Ah yes, that deck was "fun".

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-22 1:02 pm 

Insert .gif of pulling out fingernails here

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-22 4:04 pm 

Don't forget his "fun" interaction with Omen Machine.

My Decks: Zombiepocalypse (Thraximundar) ♦ Thrun stands alone (voltron) ♦ Ashling the Burninator ♦ Doran beatdown (treefolk/plant tribal) ♦ Mine! (UB theft/clone) ♦ Vampire Beatdown (Edgar Markov) ♦ BW Enchantments (Daxos the Returned)

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-06 6:55 am 

Willbender wrote:

I played against a deck a few weeks ago with this, knowledge pool, and Lavinia, Azorius Renegade as the commander. The guy playing it got mad when we targeted him...

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-08 12:26 am 

paragon_deku wrote:
Willbender wrote:

I played against a deck a few weeks ago with this, knowledge pool, and Lavinia, Azorius Renegade as the commander. The guy playing it got mad when we targeted him...

Some people just have no idea. My favorite is when they cry that "you're attacking me and I'm not doing anything!" despite the fact that you know their deck is full of unpleasantness, as though you're supposed to wait for them to do something horrible before you take action against them.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-08 4:44 am 

Sid the Chicken wrote:
paragon_deku wrote:
Willbender wrote:

Some people just have no idea. My favorite is when they cry that "you're attacking me and I'm not doing anything!" despite the fact that you know their deck is full of unpleasantness, as though you're supposed to wait for them to do something horrible before you take action against them.

Two instances of this happening recently for me. Guy with a Narset Superfriends deck, we know for a fact he's got multiple extra combat step cards, Expropriate, and multiple ways to go infinite with The Chain Veil, and doesn't get why we don't want Narset to swing. At least he was able to be convinced that running half a dozen extra turn spells and Armageddon was a bad idea... after a dozen games of watching him play solitaire.

The other one was a player who had just combo'd out with Najeela, and starting up the next game with a Selvala Stax deck kept remarking about how her general gives everyone cards. I don't think there's ever been a time in Magic that I've felt less sorry for a mana screw.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-14 3:08 pm 

Yeaahh, true story: we were trying out oathbreaker and i thought "hey, the timey whimey phasing guy! this'll be fun" but mostly it just shut down the amazing ratopacalypse. I was slightly less jerkish than the nicol bolas "everyone exile a card from hand, every turn" deck, at least?

Karador, Ghost Chieftain: Rebel Elf Ball
Patron of the Kitsune: Foxes are a strong tribal, right?

Offline Profile