Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Oct-13 1:33 pm

Post subject: Prototype Portal And Mox Tantalite
AgePosted: 2019-May-23 10:57 am 

It I use a Prototype Portal and imprint Mox Tantalite can I bring it out?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Prototype Portal And Mox Tantalite
AgePosted: 2019-May-23 1:16 pm 

Yes. That card has CMC 0. Just like you can cascade into Living End (and the rest of its cycle).

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-23 1:30 pm 

Yep this works with Lotus Bloom as well - except Mox Tantalite stays around ;)

Obv you're limited to one per turn without some way to untap the Portal but there are ways and means...

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-29 3:02 pm 

Like a filigree sage?

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-29 4:17 pm 

Well the stupid easy answer, as always, is Paradox Engine - because you are casting the imprinted card, you'll untap it every time you cast it, so it's an easy way to get inifinite Mox Tantalite and therefore infinite mana. NOPE bad and wrong. Prototype Portal *doesn't* cast the card.

There's also Unwinding Clock, Voltaic Key, Clock of Omens, etc

"- if this spell is played ten times in a given game then I suggest you warm up the tar and pluck some chickens" - tarnar

The internet's great at making noise, and poor at operating pants. There's gonna be half-dressed mobs screeching half-assed arguments for the rest of the 21st century - Kemev

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-29 4:57 pm 

But those only untap them once a turn, that's not nearly broken enough :D

Playing Online:
Noyan Darr & Sedris Zombie Guy

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-May-29 5:08 pm 

Clock of Omens can do it more than once ;) I'm just putting some ideas out there

Offline Profile  

AgePosted: 2019-Jun-01 3:02 pm 

If you want to go infinite, make Prototype Portal a creature, sac your Lotus Bloom for 3, then use Voltaic Construct to untap it, netting one mana of any color in the process. Repeat infinitely. You can also make infinite copies of the Mox if you have Anointed Procession, but you won't get to net mana until you untap, so fire it off on your last opponent's end step.

"The President's job - and if someone sufficiently vain and stupid is picked he won't realize this - is not to wield power, but to draw attention away from it." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide tot he Galaxy Radio Transcripts predicting the future.

Offline Profile