MTG Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/

Unban Coalition Victory
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19142
Page 3 of 3

Author:  trappedslider [ 2019-Jun-12 4:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

Sid the Chicken wrote:
specter404 wrote:
The differences lie in the fact that people build a LabMan deck, where the point is to win with LabMan, but you dont build a CV deck, you just put CV into a deck and get free wins.

I think if it were to be unbanned, some people would build with the express intent of winning with it. I've actually done this in 60-card, back when Invasion still had that new-card smell and domain had just been introduced - I was using Allied Strategies to fill my hand and Global Ruin to... be a dick. But seriously, the point of the deck was to stick a Sliver Queen and then win the game because Coalition Victory. So I'm pretty sure someone can and would build something cheaty to use CV with, no doubt protecting it with all the counterspells and setting it up with all the tutors, since 5-color = nothing is off-limits. Prismatic Omen rather than having any lands with basic types? Why not? Maybe run Transguild Courier because it can be powered out with just colorless? Or hell, citizen tokens from War of the Spark! Having real creatures is for pussies! I guess my long, rambling point here is that

TL;DR - You absolutely CAN just throw it in any 5-color deck and occasionally randomly win because the setup is super-duper easy. But that doesn't mean people won't go out of their way to use it too.


You left out Morophon, the Boundless now you can cast it for 3...unless you have Fist of the suns then it's free!

Author:  Carthain [ 2019-Jun-12 5:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

trappedslider wrote:
You left out Morophon, the Boundless now you can cast it for 3...unless you have Fist of the suns then it's free!

... You may want to reread Morophon.

Author:  trappedslider [ 2019-Jun-12 7:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

Carthain wrote:
trappedslider wrote:
You left out Morophon, the Boundless now you can cast it for 3...unless you have Fist of the suns then it's free!

... You may want to reread Morophon.


:facepalm: You mean sorcery isn't a creature type? :shock: but Fist of Suns still cheapens it so :P

Author:  kirkusjones [ 2019-Jun-12 8:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

Morophon is also a colorless creature...

Author:  Viperion [ 2019-Jun-12 9:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

kirkusjones wrote:
Morophon is also a colorless creature...

But it has a 5-colour identity.

Author:  kirkusjones [ 2019-Jun-12 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

...but Coalition Victory doesn't care about color identity...

Snarkiness aside, it would be pretty easy to cheat a five color critter into play with Morphodon, but my point was more that Morphodon won't satisfy the five color requirement of CV. One of the points brought up against its unbanning is that five color commanders can cheese easy wins from the command zone. Morphodon (as well as Najeela and Tazri) will not insta-win with Coalition Victory.

Tl;dr: I'm being pedantic on the internet.

Author:  Viperion [ 2019-Jun-12 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

Ah, fair yeah I getcha. You're right, you'd need five colours worth of creatures in addition to Morophon to win with CV

Author:  niheloim [ 2019-Jun-13 2:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

I was going to voice in on keeping Coalition Victory banned... but then it occurred to me that unbanning it might be good for the playability of my favorite 5c commander, Cromat.

Unban it! Cromat rules!

Author:  Sid the Chicken [ 2019-Jun-13 8:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

niheloim wrote:
I was going to voice in on keeping Coalition Victory banned... but then it occurred to me that unbanning it might be good for the playability of my favorite 5c commander, Cromat.

Unban it! Cromat rules!

I'm just going to assume this is a joke. The unban it part, that is. I have no beef with Cromat.

Author:  cryogen [ 2019-Jun-13 9:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

Sid the Chicken wrote:
niheloim wrote:
I was going to voice in on keeping Coalition Victory banned... but then it occurred to me that unbanning it might be good for the playability of my favorite 5c commander, Cromat.

Unban it! Cromat rules!

I'm just going to assume this is a joke. The unban it part, that is. I have no beef with Cromat.


The last thing we need is more Cromat decks running around, and if keeping CV banned accomplishes that then I'd call it a win.

Author:  kirkusjones [ 2019-Jun-13 10:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Unban Coalition Victory

There actually is not a single Cromat deck. It's merely an illusion...

Image

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 7 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/