Login | Register

All times are UTC - 7 hours

It is currently 2019-Jul-18 8:31 pm

Post subject:
AgePosted: 2008-Jan-07 1:01 pm 

RobRoy wrote:
The official rules are also the ones that the PT- and GP-level games are played at, so we're going to be thinking more about the effect on games with an experienced playgroup than with one just trying to start up.

Ah, I wasn't as clear as I meant to be in the above post. I was trying to point out that there are a lot more players and groups that are starting up, and that *could be* starting up, than there are existing players and groups.

RobRoy wrote:
DanBock wrote:
I'm willing to continue debating it, but if the committee (or each of the individual committee members,) is unwilling to consider it, I'm not sure what the point is. Sorry to end this post on such a sardonic post, but I feel like you're not even considering this idea.

I did consider it. Due to MTGO, I've thought about changes like this already recently. After having considered it, I decided that I didn't think it was an improvement. I am sorry if I gave the impression that I was just brushing you off, but unless you can come up with a more significant argument for why this is a distinct improvement, my opinion remains the same.

With all due respect, thinking about it and how it would help/hurt a new group is very different from seeing it in action with a new group, or listening to the other players forming their own groups who post here.

Offline Profile